TEAM: Flab-U-Less (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• happy7811
    happy7811 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. And good luck

I have been here now for 4 months an this is helping me alot to stay accountable.
  • jaybel777
    jaybel777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. This is my first time joining a challenge. I'm hoping to have big losses in October! Good Luck to everyone!

(what do we do now? :| )
  • pandygirl56
    pandygirl56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! Looking forward to this challenge. Also, hoping to lose big in October. Starting weight 297 lbs. Wish everyone the best in this challenge. 😁
  • MellOnTheMove
    MellOnTheMove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yayy, so excited for my second go-round. This group/challenge is my treat for myself to get back on track.

Main struggle: Binge Eating. I keep finding myself buying a healthy snack, which is great. Until I eat it all in one sitting.
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I gained 7.2 pounds from last week. This month, my goal is to get down to 300 still.
  • dymphnadaniels
    dymphnadaniels Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Below is my introduction, and really it is as short as I could get it. I'm a writer by trade. I get wordy.

I'm not sure how to keep this short. For starters I have been declared legally insane. I have schizoaffective bipolar type, borderline personality disorder, panic disorder without agoraphobia, bulimia nervosa, and traits for a couple of others. What this means is that I am often psychotic, I am right now as I am writing this, which just means I have symptoms of psychosis not that I have my meat cleaver chasing down my neighbors. I have also symptoms of bipolar the highs and the lows which enhance the severity of my psychosis. I can have psychosis without any mood symptoms at all. You can look at the list and basically sum it up that I have serious issues with anxiety and relationships. My psychosis right now is that I am hearing three out of the five possible voices for me to hear. I'm going to be brutally honest, there is one rather dark, gravely that is suggesting I harm myself and it gets descriptive. So, I distract from it and do something else. The second one, I term the witch, she sounds older, and she's mean. She is constantly putting me down, telling me how worthless I am. That if I died today the world could breath a sigh of relief. I either distract or challenge. I ask her to prove her case to me. Then there's GPS, he cracks me up. Leave the room. Go left. Turn north. Walk 200 feet. My own person random as crap GPS system in my brain. It drives my care team nuts when I listen to GPS, I don't know why. I make sure I'm safe. I just figure why not?

Backstory done. The Weight Story. Started when I was kid due to medication. I started hiding my excessive exercise in the backyard to not be detected. This was the start of my eating disorder. I was 8 and understood burning calories burnt fat and exercise burnt calories. I didn't know anything else for years. The medication screwed me up for years so I didn't go taller for years, but I did grow rounder. At thirteen a chunk of the weight just dropped off as I was exiting puberty. Weight dropped off until I was fifteen, then I was institutionalized for the first time and put on psych meds and due to meds re-expanded despite everything I was doing. I started puking up my meals, thirty minutes of exercise for a pip of chocolate, if I wasn't doing homework, at school, or with the family I was exercising, to no avail. I grew bigger and bigger until 25 went on Atkins, worked great, moved to college, kid committed suicide and I blamed myself, crashed and burned. I got it back together at 32, after the death of my best to diabetes, and lost a lot of weight, then they changed meds and once more nothing I did matter. I didn't eat for almost three weeks and gained two pounds, someone explain that one to me. Tried again a few years later when meds were changed, and I was on Clozaril, but I was doing disordered eating so I was losing weight the wrong way. That brings us to here. In January I said, I will either lose weight, lose nothing, or my butt will still get bigger but my heart and lungs will be the healthiest they can be for my size as I ain't going back to the hospital for no more acute respiratory failures again.

Goal Weight: 280's
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Hi again everyone! So....Sunday, Sept. 29th., officially kicks off our Oct. Challenge! This challenge runs from Sept 29th to Oct 26th...or possibly Nov. 2nd (Ashley is running a little behind this month so we haven't decided on a 4 or 5 week challenge yet. So the 1st weigh ins will be those people that chose Sunday as their weigh day. Sorry for the confusion, it keeps things equal.
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your team Captain,
    Melinda @mram3582
  • mram3582
    Options
    Tomorrow we're live folks! Sunday weighers are 1st up. Sorry, I don't have a spreadsheet made up yet, so I can't give a list of the weighers. This is going to be an amazing month folks!! GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!!
  • mram3582
    Options
    Just a heads up everyone: my pm on mfp isn't working, so if you try sending me a pm I won't see it. Just tag me by putting an @ in front of my username like: @mram3582 That still works. If you want it to be private, just do that and tell me that you want it private and I will figure out a way to contact you back outside of the public forum.
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I bombed out in the last week of Sept so here's to a new month and new determination!

My goals _
    #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. 90 minutes of daily exercise
    #4. 18/6 hour fasts

Starting weight - 73.6kg
    Oct Goal weight - 70kg
    Weigh in day - Friday

Let's do this!
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    LenGray
    Week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 262.4
    CW: 259.4

I'm finally in the 250's! Feeling exceedingly happy about it :D
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    LenGray
    Week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 262.4
    CW: 259.4

I'm finally in the 250's! Feeling exceedingly happy about it :D

Super drop!
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    I'm a 5th grade ELA teacher in Washington State. Things are starting to settle down after a busy start of the new school year. So, I'm hoping to tighten up on my exercise routine this month. My goal for October is to get to the gym at least 4 times a week, drink at least 64 ounces of water daily, and get to 215 or less. :)
    GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    WA_Teacher
    October Week 1
    Sunday
    Previous Weight: 220
    Current Weight: 218.8
  • pandygirl56
    Options
    @mram3582, I'm new to the team! I use a wheelchair to get around and can only walk a very few steps. Can not do regular exercises. A few steps to chair, and I can do upper body exercises. Can this be accepted as the exercise part of the weekly challenges. I can complete the rest of the challenges. Thanks!!
  • pandygirl56
    Options
    Hello, Thank you for allowing me to join this team.

Username: pandygril56
    October: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 297 lbs
    Current Weight: (Will report on Wednesday)

Wish everybody the best outcome during this challenge! 😁 💕
  • Katchoi
    Katchoi Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    This is my 3rd month doing the challenge. Did great the first month and not so well the second month. Month goal is to track everything everyday.
This discussion has been closed.