Options

Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes- under
    Exercise: Yes (Went to Greco Fitness and did the Greco Strong for 45 minutes whew... it was not easy. I just started in Greco Fitness last week)

Goals/Day/Comments: (my mini goal for today was to sincerely say Yes to all expectations and I am glad to do just that!) This is actually my daily goal this month!

wrong date above

Daily Post (Monday - September 1, 2019)
  • happy7811
    happy7811 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow i wasnt able to get on here since friday night kept getting community not available .then i couldnt log out.
    So i need to k ow if i can catch up on my daily post sat an sunday ?
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and get off my feet like the dr recommended. I had an injury to my foot on July 4th. and it still hasn't healed. Went back to the dr Saturday and they tell me to stay off the foot which is impossible with my job. BUT I can take it easier I suppose. I was feeling great this morning and went outside at lunch and took a walk and now I can barely wiggle. so lesson learned I guess lol . They put me on steroids for 2 mths and wanted me on crutches just to get me off my foot but that's a no go. Anyway. I will have to be extra careful on my calories in because I will not be burning many. I am determined to get better though!

• mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @deanit I sent a message to Ashley, so you should be added back in by tonight. Welcome back!!
    @victorious55 Perfect goal for a perfect day! Keep it up!
    @toodles4elvis Great! Got it! GO TEAM GO!!
    @happy7811 sure. MFP is super glitchy....sometimes I think that they should just fire their tech monkeys and hire real monkeys which might have a statistically higher probability of accidentally fixing something once in a while!
    @jenngitch I hope that your foot heals up fast! Steroids suck!
  • happy7811
    happy7811 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mram
    Ok heres my 3 daily post

Daily post for Saturday sept 28th
    Tracked __yes
    Calories targeted__yes over my new goal of
    1119 by 25

Exercised yes i did total of 55 min
    Walking 15
    Stationary bike. 10
    Stretches 20
    Treadmill 10

Water 9

Steps 5975
    Miles 1.50
    Total min 60

Daily post for sunday sept 29th

Tracked yes
    Calories targeted__yes over by 147

Exercised __yes total 30 min
    Just walking cardio .

Water 10 cups

Steps. 6186
    Miles. 1.56
    Total time 60 min

Daily post for. Monday sept 30th

Tracked_ yes
    Calories targeted_yes over by 197

Exercised did early walking 20 min
    Went to rehab. 35 min
    Total 55 min
    Strength an cardio both

Water 10

Steps 5462
    Miles 1.37
    Min took total 60

Good knews today i get to increase exercises again also. I was cut down to 2 times a month now .instead of the 3 to 4 days week . But i still have to do my daily exercises here an report when i go to rehab.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 30th
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 40 mins strength training: arms
    Water: 65.6 ounces
    Gym Days: 0 out of 4
  • DJMKT
    DJMKT Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Diana. Joined the challenge in September, got sidelined from exercising due to a sprained ankle and upper fibula break. Go to the orthopedist again tomorrow, hoping to get the ok to perhaps swim. Though am still having a lot of pain in my foot and leg especially at night.

Didn’t think I had lost any weight, but the scale this morning showed I was down about 2lbs. Am going to double check it in the morning. Also worry it could be some muscle loss.

Working to get back on track with tracking, as have not been doing a great job of us as have just been to tired to track. But being part of this group does remind me I can still focus on my eating and tracking, even if I can’t work out. Besides healthy clean eating helps with the healing process.

Exercise: walking/hobbling with aircast and crutches
    I will post weight tomorrow once I confirm it wasn’t a fluke
  • Katchoi
    Katchoi Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 30th
    Calories: over :( but tracked so :)
    Exercise: 50 mins HIIT
  • NaimahJSR
    NaimahJSR Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Omg how do you survive your cheat days? I eat well within my caloric limits throughout the week then hell break loose on my cheat day. The things I ate :/ and now I feel defeated :'( Woke up to a huge piece of cake I left from yesterday but I promise that's it. I really want to stay on track and eat healthy but I fear that these cheat days will set me up for failure. Should I avoid them altogether?
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday, September 30th, 2019

Calories: 1605/1830

Exercise: Calories burnt: 878. 28 minutes cleaning, 92 minutes cooking, and 38 minutes of walking with 3,604 steps.

Comments: Figured out what I did with my foot. I was walking wrong. Instead of landing on my heel, I have a tendency to land on the back part of the ball of the foot, which is not where weight is supposed to be supported. I have since wrapped it and I am working on correcting how I walk. Did the same thing to my hands a few months ago. I wasn't supporting my weight properly on them, or wasn't pulling and pushing on something properly, and sprained the middle of the palms.
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    Since the foot is wrapped, and if I walk correctly, then it doesn't hurt.
  • MellOnTheMove
    MellOnTheMove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    MellOnTheMove
    Weigh in week: Oct. Week 1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's weight: 187.1
    Todays Weight: 189.6

I think I figured out a combination of the weight gain issues:
    1. I've been forgetting to take my water pills. OOps
    2. It's that lovely time of the month
    3. I'm working out more (gains? or my hope?)

I'm hoping that's it. I seriously almost broke down crying at the gym when I weighed in this morning. I despise going backwards in weight, it brings on severe anxiety. But I'm moving forward, remembering my pills, upping the water, and hopefully getting back on track.

• bjooles1
    bjooles1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I'm new here, and this is my first round. Several months ago, I started training to hike the Grand Canyon. This has always been on my bucket list. I'm 57 and was terribly out of shape. I started at 220 lbs., and am now down to 207 lbs., and most importantly, I've gained a lot of muscle/strength and work daily toward this hiking goal.
    I work as a medical/scientific illustrator and media art consultant. I love my work, but go through a lot of stressful, but yet sedentary days, working toward deadlines. Keeping active has always been challenging.
    I'm looking to get down to 200 lbs by the end of the month.

Go Flabs! :)
    Best to all and your challenges!
  • bjooles1
    bjooles1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @mram3582 I'm new here, and was confused by which team I was on, and when the start date was. Finally figured it all out today, but realize I missed my Monday weigh in info.
    I did weigh myself yesterday (Monday), and if it's not too late (due to the confusion), here is my Monday weight. If it's too late, so be it, but thought I'd give it a shot:

bjooles1
    October Week 1
    Monday
    Previous Weight: 208.0
    Current Weight: 207.0
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sept 30

Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, walked for the last time until this foot heals
    Goals/Day/Comments: found some workouts on youtube for people that need to exercise sitting down! so all hope is not lost :)
  • victorious55
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday - October 1)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes Elliptical and walking

As mentioned earlier, my mini goal for today was to sincerely say Yes to all expectations and I am glad to do just that! This is actually my daily goal this month!
  • victorious55
    Options
    NaimahJSR wrote: »
    Omg how do you survive your cheat days? I eat well within my caloric limits throughout the week then hell break loose on my cheat day. The things I ate :/ and now I feel defeated :'( Woke up to a huge piece of cake I left from yesterday but I promise that's it. I really want to stay on track and eat healthy but I fear that these cheat days will set me up for failure. Should I avoid them altogether?

Cheat day is a controversial statement/topic. Is it a day, you let loose of all your guards? Or take a different kind of fuel for your physical body?

My body is the only vehicle I have to carry me through this life journey. Food is fuel for my body. My stomach is the fuel tank. If I view my stomach as my fuel tank.... do I ever over fuel my car until the fuel is over the car?

My body is more precious than the most expensive car. More expensive than Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita ($4.8M) or
    Lamborghini Veneno ($4.5M). No body with these type of cars will over-fuel them.

What do you all think?
  • victorious55
    Options
    NaimahJSR wrote: »

@NaimahJSR the above is not to condemn you but open the topic for feedback and discussion. My suggestion for you is to forgive yourself and look at today as a brand new day and new start :) We all make mistakes. But as long as we do not let that mistake define us, we can move forward successfully.
  • adrikozuch
    adrikozuch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, October 1st

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes - 30 minute bike ride
    Goals/Day/Comments: My goal for today is to fast through lunch and do a few exercises when I get home from work. Hoping to break through a stall in my weight loss.
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Oct 1

Track - Y
    Calories - under by 1037
    Exercise - Y Weight lifting 40 mins, HIIT 40 mins. walk 1 hour

My goals _
    #1. Track EVERYTHING I eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. 90 minutes of daily exercise
    #4. 18/6 hour fasts
    #5. Weight training every other day
    #6. 10K steps daily

Starting weight - 73.6kg
    Oct Goal weight - 70kg
    Weigh in day - Friday

This discussion has been closed.