TEAM: The Slimsons (November)

Options

Replies

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    k3se7bdb1uoy.jpg

This puts a lot of things into perspective!
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Southgirl94
    November Wk 1
    PW: 182.2 CW: 181.2

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: I had a lot of errands to run today, so I guess walking to those could be considered a bit of exercise? The problem for me is that I don’t always drink enough, water or otherwise. I can be dehydrated and not realise it.
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    karsei01
    November Wk 1
    PW: 249,1 CW:

Exercise: Yes (chest, shoulder and tri)
    Goals/Day/Comments: Never been strong, but beeing quite large framed, I am working on it..Today I work both jobs, but hope to get a wko during lunchbreak. Anyway I will be working 16 hours only devided by driving 5 mins.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Username: LadyRN76
    November challenge starting weight 158.9 weigh in on Thursdays.

My goal is more reasonable this month. 4 pounds.
  • southgirl94
    Options
    Southgirl94
    November Wk 1
    PW: 181.2 CW:

Exercise: 60 minutes of elliptical, stretches, and core
    Goals/Day/Comments: I ate a little more candy than I should’ve, but the calories I burned from the gym help offset it. My neck and knee have been hurting so trying to find ways to loosen those when I exercise. My job has me at a computer 6-9 hours every day.
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    karsei01
    November Wk 1
    PW: 249,1 CW:

Exercise: Yes (Back and legs)
    Goals for november: Long time since trying to loose, but 242.5 seems like a good number ( its 110 kg, so round enough). That means 6.6 lbs, though but doable.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post:
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 12519

New month!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Good morning (afternoon or evening as well)
    I have had a MFP account for many years and am really intermittent in using it, and my health shows it. I was at my lowest weight since high school 8 years ago (190 lbs) when I was training for and completed a marathon. I felt and looked great, but then I just stopped running altogether. I began to travel for work nearly every week after that and the combination of eating out every meal, not wanting to take time away from my family when I was home, and just being lazy overall has caught up with me. I am up to 234 and turned 40 this year. I have changed jobs where I no longer travel, moved from California to Nebraska, and decided to take control of my life again.

I have started tracking my food intake and started swimming in the mornings. Eventually I will add a weight routine as well, but I am not the young man I once was and I am getting a little more pushback from my body than I anticipated.
    My short term goal this month is to drop 8 lbs. The other goal is to actually use MFP for longer than the week I typically do then give up. Long term is to train / complete a sprint triathlon.

@VarangianGuard Welcome! Great goals! You got this, just take it one day at a time, eventually it will become part of your routine!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m not sure if I’m doing this correctly, but I’ll try.

My goal is to drop (from my current weight) six pounds. From my freshman year of college to now (so six years), I gained 55 pounds. I have battled depression and anxiety over the years, one of my worst and most recent episodes being June-July 2019, and the only way I could escape the madness and force myself into the world was walking at a local nature preserve near my apartment. I’ve since moved across town, have a more stable living situation, and I’ve joined a gym. My schedule doesn’t allow me to walk outside as much, but I try to go to the gym 2-3x for an hour or so at a time. My short-term goal is to lose those six pounds and gain stamina where I’m not out of breath walking up stairs.

@southgirl94 There is no wrong way to introduce yourself! Great goals, you will get there, just take it a little at a time, you'll be running up stairs in no time!
  • AB0215
    Options
    November's Challenge officially begins Sunday Nov 3, so all daily weigh ins begin then with November Week 1.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    November's Challenge officially begins Sunday Nov 3, so all daily weigh ins begin then with November Week 1.

Can my weigh in still be on Thursdays or is it easier for you if I move it to Sunday?
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Daily post Fri 1st Nov
    Track-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise-yes 45minute spin class
    Comments- good day feels good to be on track at last. Almost cancelled spin class but glad I done it.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I will hold off posting for November until Sunday. My Weigh-in day will still be Wednesday.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Friday, 1 November

Exercise: Not much, 1 mile walking
  • southgirl94
    Options

I didn’t realise there would be daily weigh-ins. I thought it was only weekly.

Under: Yes
    Exercise: Walking and doing some shopping at mall - I almost felt like I’d lost some weight over the last few days when I looked in the mirror, but it could’ve been the angle. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options

I didn’t realise there would be daily weigh-ins. I thought it was only weekly.

Under: Yes
    Exercise: Walking and doing some shopping at mall - I almost felt like I’d lost some weight over the last few days when I looked in the mirror, but it could’ve been the angle. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hi 😊 I think the “daily weigh-ins” must’ve been a typing error as it’s definitely only weekly weigh-ins 🙂

• MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    MayLan
    November Wk 1
    PW: 228 CW: 228
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Welcome to November to the new and returning team members. My name is Vivky and I am married with 2 teenaged (almost adult) boys. Started with this group beginning of the year so it’s almost a full year. I’ve struggled a lot lately and am hoping to get back on track. (Had a death in the family In July and since then I haven’t been quite the same) Holidays are coming up and I would love to lose the 8 pounds I gained since July before I go home for Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.