Replies

• smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Daily post 2nd job
    Track-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise- yes 30minute hiit class.
    Comments-at work all day after doing hiit class was someones birthday so had a small slice of birthday cake there but all within calories.
  • smallhippo1
    Options
    Daily post 2nd job
    Track-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise- yes 30minute hiit class.
    Comments-at work all day after doing hiit class was someones birthday so had a small slice of birthday cake there but all within calories.

Meant to say 2nd nov not 2nd job lol
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Saturday, 2 November

Track: Yes (everything tracked apart from one thing that didn’t have a barcode)
    😕Calories: Unsure whether over or under
    Exercise: Walking, 2 miles
    💬Comments: I was doing great and under my allowance until I went to the shop and impulsively bought this sponge cupcake thing which had cream and raspberry sauce on top. It didn’t have a barcode and it didn’t have any nutritional info. So, I’m unsure whether it would have taken me over my allowance. Anyway, it was a nice treat and I enjoyed it! I’ll just continue as normal tomorrow, no harm done 🙂
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Nov 2nd
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: We spent all day at a lamb show today moving up and down stairs and walking lambs. 🐑🐑🐑
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Track: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Shelving books at my job and moving boxes/putting up food in the kitchen. Nothing like a mess and a deadline to motivate you.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Kinvara
    Week: November Week 1
    PW = 163.1
    CW= 164.1

I had done well all week and then up a pound today! :*
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday, November 3

Track: Yes ( I was proud of myself!)
    Calories: No but only over by 35 calories which must have made a difference
    Exercise: Yes Daily Burn, steps 15531
    Goals/Day/Comments: I was very proud of myself yesterday as I really worked at walking and tracking then my weight was up. The only thing I can attribute to is that I was my sleep was fractured and when I got up I began to work on a project and had a half a smoothie while I worked so that meant I ate late at night.
  • lucysaunders1691
    Options
    Username:-lucysaunders1691
    Week - November 1
    PW 249LB
    CW 244.8LB
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Username: LadyRN76
    PW: 158.9
    CW: 158.6

After the huge pendulum swings of my weight with my colonoscopy and everything else, I'm happy to see I stabilized. I only have 4 days until my week 1 weigh-in, but I'm ok with that.

I changed my macros and have adjusted a few other things as well as making a different training regimen with winter being here. I'm excited to see what the next 6 weeks bring with the changes. My goal is to let these changes make the holidays easier to walk through without feeling deprived or overeating.

It's November y'all, and I'm ready to rock this month. Here's to all of you being successful and continuing down the healthy you path!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    November's Challenge officially begins Sunday Nov 3, so all daily weigh ins begin then with November Week 1.

I didn’t realise there would be daily weigh-ins. I thought it was only weekly.

Exercise: Walking and doing some shopping at mall - I almost felt like I’d lost some weight over the last few days when I looked in the mirror, but it could’ve been the angle. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@southgirl94 There are only weekly weigh ins, there's a daily posts challenge which is different and doesn't include a weight. As for why you'd see others weighing in on a different day than you, that's just because that's the day they chose to do that. You will only weigh in once a week on YOUR day.
    Does that make sense?
  • AB0215
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    November's Challenge officially begins Sunday Nov 3, so all daily weigh ins begin then with November Week 1.

I didn’t realise there would be daily weigh-ins. I thought it was only weekly.

Exercise: Walking and doing some shopping at mall - I almost felt like I’d lost some weight over the last few days when I looked in the mirror, but it could’ve been the angle. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hi 😊 I think the “daily weigh-ins” must’ve been a typing error as it’s definitely only weekly weigh-ins 🙂
    and yes, that's what I meant daily posts and weekly weigh ins...for November begin today.
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am a 33 year old single woman from the Netherlands. My goal for this month is to lose 4 lbs and invest more time in stretching and strenghtening my hips/hamstrings/core. My exercising consist of group classes pilates, BBB, total body workout, stretching and yoga. I also walk/jog sometimes, but because of a chronic hip injury I can't run as much as I'd like to.
  • AB0215
    Options
    2vq89cuzz279.jpg

• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Lisa, 42. I reached my initial goal weight of 143 this spring and went into maintenance over the summer to give my mind and skin a little chance to catch up to my weight loss. I started several years ago at my heaviest weight of 218. Once I decided to start losing again I joined this challenge and I have to say, it's been great to be a part of team Slimsons. A very motivating group of people and my advice is to do the daily check-in's as they really help with accountability. My goal this month is to reach 131. If my start weight for this challenge was what I posted this Saturday, than that's a goal of 4lbs. I have been doing keto or low carb for two years now with some breaks in between. The first month I joined this group I experimented with intermittent fasting which went well and I did benefit in many ways from. Last month (October) was just weird because the half marathon I had been training for had just finished and it left me feeling lost. I stuck to low carb and did IF on some days. This month...I'm not sure how my weight loss is going to go because I will not be doing low carb this month. I will be doing OMAD (One meal a day) but eating regular foods (Monday-Friday). The reason for this is twofold. One, I am always, constantly changing my WOE (Way of eating) to hopefully encourage metabolic flexibility and to find out which WOE's seem to fit me, and two, I work at an organic catering company which offers free (amazing) lunch which I only started occasionally eating over the past two months. I've kept it to mostly low carb options when they have them but I feel like I owe it to myself to see if I will still be able to lose weight by eating a regular OMAD diet. I did OMAD many years ago and lost 20 pounds in three months, but this time I'll be going from a Keto diet, so not sure how this is going to play out. Also...I will only be able to guesstimate my calories because there is no way for me to get a truly accurate calorie count. Fingers crossed this works.

*Adding...I'm not sure yet how I intend to eat on the weekends, but I may do low carb on weekends since I REALLY like eating low carb and I think I would freak out if I stopped it cold turkey. So this will be an interesting (but hopefully enjoyable) experiment.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday, November 3
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes 40 minute morning jog, walked on treadmill about an hour. Total steps for day: 21217.
    Comments: I bought a (cheap) fitness watch so I can track my steps and my sleep. So far it's been helpful with the steps, but the sleep part of the app is a joke. It tracks my sleep ok, but the problem is that it continues to assume I'm asleep even after I wake up! It says I'm in light sleep and adds one or two hours. So I tried to outsmart it by going immediately in the treadmill for 5 minutes after I woke up so it would see I was clearly awake...but nope...as soon as I sat down to have my morning coffee it once again counted that as another hour of sleep. So this morning I took off my watch after walking on the treadmill for 5 minutes hoping it would NOT count this as sleep time...but again it did. So I need to see if this watch is returnable. Fail! :D
  • smallhippo1
    Options
    Daily post sun 3rd
    Track-yes
    Calories-over by 400
    Exercise-10,800 steps
    Comments- had a sneaky trip to Costa today which was mostly withim calories but did take me 400 over. Weigh day tomorow.
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone 👋 I'm 29 yrs old. Struggled with my weight my whole life. I started this group last month in October and it's been amazing! Thanks to the amazing people in the group I broke through different barriers and found that keto is my best bet and I'm happily doing that now. I hit my november goal! This month i wanna set a goal of loosing 10 lbs, and staying positive! The hardest part for me is Everytime I start something like this I think I should be loosing 50lbs a month and I get very impatient and frustrated and quit. Of coarse that is unrealistic! This weight will not come off over night and I'm willing to go as long as my body needs to make the changes I want. I'm excited to continue on this journey and welcome to all new members! Let's make November a great month!
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I have my 3-month recheck next Wednesday and I have been slacking off for 4 days. I have to seriously get back on track. My goal: drop 5# and walk +15,000 steps each day until then. Then keep up the steps and drop an additional 5# by the end of the month. Hopefully my A1C will be lower so I can eat more fruit. I've been trying to limit myself to 94 carbs, which meant no fruit,and I love fruit!!! I think they will be happy with the 40# weight loss, though. And.....Ready, Set, GO!!!😀
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Sunday, 3 November

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 15 mins on exercise bike and just under 2 miles walking
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post -Sunday

Track ✔