TEAM: Gutbusters (November)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 3 and grandmother of 3. I'm a yo yo dieter. I lose and gain back. I'm following a low carb diet at present as I'm finding I can better control my appetite by cutting out sugar. Instead I'm having full.fat milk, butter, cheese, nuts etc. So.far I think it's working for me. I like the weekly weigh in and accountability of this group. It's great.
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mommy of two - a 3 year old girl and a soon to be 10 month old boy. The weight seems a lot harder to lose this time around. I'm still about 15lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight and I cannot seem to breakthrough to the next decade.

I've been with this team for a few months and everyone is super motivating and easy to talk to.

Can't wait for November!! Maybe I will actually get to the 150s 🤞🤞
  • elisepfliger04
    elisepfliger04 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello team! We are going to kick some booty this coming month! I know it! I am 34 and live in Minneapolis with my husband, Jesse, and our 2 girls. I also have 2 bonus kids who live in ND but we see as often as we can. I have recently been diagnosed with Type2 diabetes but I am determined to not have to take drugs for very long. I’m down 20lbs since I started this journey and I have 30 more to go. Small goals: at 184 I am no longer considered obese. 3lbs!!! Can’t wait to see how amazing everyone is going to do.
  • elisepfliger04
    elisepfliger04 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have two sons and run my own business. I recently quit smoking so I am having more trouble with food than I had earlier in the year. I switched from walking to (trying to) run a couple of months ago. That has been helpful, as has being chased by zombies. I am a big fan of the Zombies, Run! app.

My goals are to lose my last 10 pounds (how ever long it takes) and never smoke again. Never. Ever.

I smoked for 20 years (12-32). I quit when pregnant with my girls but never truly quit. I did chantix and braved the vivid nightmares. I have been smoke free for 1.5 years and I never plan to go back. I believe in you! You have the drive. You can do it!!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, can't believe we are almost into November, the days/months are flying by.
    I live in Southern CA, am 61, on my 2nd marriage (1st one 25 years). I have 2 Sons, 39 & 36 (yikes), and a step daughter, 25. Married for 3 years, (together for 13). I also have 2 kitties, 18 & 7 years old.
    I am an accountant, working my full-time job with an hour commute each way... makes for a long day. I also have a couple of side jobs that keep me really busy. I have a hard time fitting in my walks, I need to find a way to make these a priority and include these into my daily routine, I always feel so much better mentally and physically when I do.
    I have been with this group for several months, and really enjoy the people here, everyone is so supportive and interesting. I have lost 14 lbs since starting back on MFP in March, (slowly losing, but losing), I am working on getting off the next 15+ lbs. Good Luck to all of you!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 do we have any special challenges set for this coming week? Can I suggest 30 minutes of activity each day for one of these weeks in Nov?
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Why, yes, @looneycatblue, you can!! That will be our week 1 challenge!! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @elisepfliger04

Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself, you are setting a great example for your girls. I know how hard it can be even with help. I am currently addicted to nicotine gum and slowly weening myself. It is going well but I don't care, I'll chew this stuff for the rest of my life, if I have to. I'm not smoking.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    vwrqc80o0z7o.jpg

Please welcome two new members to our Fit Family. We're glad to have you both with us. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

@GLouis4
    @mygoal1993

We're glad you're here!
    Bonnie
  • glouis4
    glouis4 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I’m a graduate student, studying for my MBA. I graduate in December so I want to drop some fat and add muscle before I go into the next chapter of my life soon.

I’ve searched for a workout partner with no luck. As an undergraduate, MyFitnessPal helped me drop 80lbs, so I know the power of counting calories is a science that works. Unfortunately life happens and almost 50 of those lbs came back.

I am happy to join this group. My goal this month is to get back on track with both diet and exercise
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Glad you're with us on this journey, @glouis4! <3
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi Team, I'm Fatima, live in New Jersey, work full time, have a 5 year old son (my second and main full time job). This will be my 3rd month challenge (month 1 lost 8lbs and month 2 lost 12lbs). I'm excited to see what month 3 brings. Welcome to the team @glouis4 and @mygoal1993
  • MMMonk
    MMMonk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Michelle. I live in PA with my husband and 16 yo son. This is my 2nd month. I hope I do better this time around! Good luck! We got this!
  • mygoal1993
    mygoal1993 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, really looking forward to a challenge to get me back on track. I have done Biggest Loser challenge in the past, a good year or so ago. Was at my goal weight (range) quit tracking and #15lb came back over the year. So back to tracking and not stopping this time.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @mygoal1993, good plan! You can do it!!

@FatimaStartsAllOver, you have done such an awesome job!! Looking forward to November to see what amazing things you do then!! :heart:
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hi Team, I'm Fatima, live in New Jersey, work full time, have a 5 year old son (my second and main full time job). This will be my 3rd month challenge (month 1 lost 8lbs and month 2 lost 12lbs). I'm excited to see what month 3 brings. Welcome to the team @glouis4 and @mygoal1993

THIS IS AWESOME! WOW! Congratulations!! I also have a 5 year old and work FT and agree...it's totally the other FT job lol. :)
This discussion has been closed.