November 2019 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,874 Member
    Options
    @clepant

I’ve been in this group for a longgggg time but never have posted a comment before, sorry about that. I do want to say sorry to hear about your Dad, ***hugs*** to you and your family! I’m extremely glad your able to spend time with him!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,874 Member
    Options
    11/9 7 miles

As of 11/9 54.25 miles of 150 miles

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    11/08 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/09 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 202.0 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @clepant , I have to say my heart breaks for you! You have been an AWESOME daughter & he must feel comfort in knowing that too. May they both go comfortably & possibly together! Hold em & love em as much as you can! HUGS to you!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    November has been cold, snowy & sooooo unbelievable busy that all I've done is 21.5 miles. I started house sitting in town for the winter. Its nice that I'm close t work but I have no treadmill or bike & it gets dark by 4:30ish.. I'm now leading 3 fitness classes a week again but I'm afraid I won't get 100 miles in so please move me down to 75. It's not that I'm not moving my butt cuz its been UNREAL moving with my job, my classes, picked the LAST of the hemp today, cleaning for my bachelor and etc etc!

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    Options
    10 from the ex bike. Got the house totally cleaned, meals made & 6 loads of laundry done. We are 10* & received 5" of snow!!! I think winter is here to stay but we are Montana & that can change overnight!

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    11/08 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/09 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/10 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 227.0 miles

exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    @clepant , I have to say my heart breaks for you! You have been an AWESOME daughter & he must feel comfort in knowing that too. May they both go comfortably & possibly together! Hold em & love em as much as you can! HUGS to you!!!

I echo this sentiment! Hugs, @clepant
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Got in a good bike ride yesterday, adding 36.47 miles. Last warm day for a while, temp is dropping quickly today.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,313 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@CLEPANT - My thoughts and prayers go out to you along with everyone else's. Take care and treasure the time you have together. (((HUGS)))

Dave
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    11/1-11/10 = 31.82

exercise.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Had a good couple of days. New ttd 33.5 miles
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,912 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @Dave - I finally did it. Forgot to update not just half a day or a day but a whole long weekend. Sorry about that. I'm driving south for the winter with my dog and got distracted.

But mostly by forgetting to drop in I missed clepant's update. Sending lots of love during these difficult days. Wishing peace to you and your father.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Adding two miles. Lots of running in BootCamp but there were also thirty burpees. They're evil

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    11/09
    3 miles
    ——-
    11/10
    2 miles
    ———
    11/11
    15.59 miles
    197.13 miles MTD
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,350 Member
    Options
    Adding 8 miles for that days
    TTD 29 miles.
    My dad passed away on Saturday....it was a hurry up and wait situation. Here is my post from Facebook. His suffering is over. Thank you for your support and prayers as we go through his burial this week and a Going Home Celebration next Saturday.

The Battle is Over and a New Life Has Begun

I would never have thought as I wrote my last post in the wee hours of the morning yesterday, that I would be writing this post so soon.

Yesterday, Jeff and I became empty nesters. Yep, I said empty nesters. You see, my dad went home to be with our Lord and Savior; just like a college student heads off to college or moves out on his own. As Bible believing Christians, my father is only absent from his body and present with the Lord. Right now he is just away; just like a college student or a son or daughter who has moved out on their own. The only difference is that it is just too far away.

As I sat by my dad’s bed yesterday morning, I prayed over him and asked God to not let him go through a long, slow and painful death. You see, my dad was not afraid to die, but he did not want to suffer. I stepped out on the limb for some time now and told him that God would give him the peace that passes all understanding. And God did not fail.
    Death was a frequent conversation between us in recent months. Some days he felt like giving up or that the end was near. PT was particularly tough on him and on me. I often wondered which one of us had the most aches. While he ended up physically exhausted; I ended up physically beat up. I would throw out my best Shaw Shank Redemption quote; “Get busy living or get busy dying”. No matter, I was proud of his tenacity and grit. And as he lived his life, so he ended it, giving it all that he had.

We had numerous blessings before he departed. He was more alert, even though he was dealing with some severe edema pain. For the first time in two days, he wanted to eat and so he had five bites of scrambled egg. His anxiety or restlessness had declined. He was having short conversations with my brother, husband and me. He was back to using his signature phrase, “I’m fine!” And then he told us “home”. And I asked him if he meant being home at my house, and he said “going home”. Throughout the morning, he would ask us what was the current time. And we would tell each time he asked, “It’s 9am, 10:30, 11:00, noon, 1pm.” While his arm pain continued to hurt, I crushed a pain pill and we told him just one more time; swallow the applesauce and his pain would stop. And compliantly, he fulfilled our request. I told him that it was 1:30 and his pain should be letting up shortly. And he drifted off into deep sleep, not able to arouse, and then gone.

I believe now, that he knew that his departure was soon. Perhaps an angel of God told him that he would be going home in the afternoon, but he was fixated on the time. He did not suffer much and he did not linger long. What was to be possibly one week, turned out to be one day.

In the wee hours of the morning, my dad managed to take off his hospital gown. This was something he had been trying to do the past few days. I know he wanted to get dressed to go home and it was frustrating him. He was even fixated on removing the heel cup that I had put on a pressure sore. So, here is my dad, laying on his bed, butt naked with no sheets or blanket on , and I thought, if this is what you want, that is fine with me. I managed to pull a light blanket over him and he left it alone. And my thought went to this bible verse in Job 1:21
    And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

You got it right dad, strip yourself of the things of this world and enter the next just the way you came in.

John 14:3
    And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
    God has finished the mansion, he was building for my dad this week. I believe the last touches were being put on his home while he spent his last hours here on earth. And while he has left us empty nesters, we will see him again; but not yet.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,350 Member
    Options
    @clepant

I’ve been in this group for a longgggg time but never have posted a comment before, sorry about that. I do want to say sorry to hear about your Dad, ***hugs*** to you and your family! I’m extremely glad your able to spend time with him!

You certainly have been here for a time and I am blessed that you chose to post for the first time for me. That’s for your kind words.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    11/12
    23.24 miles
    220.37 miles MTD
  • kar328
    Options
    @clepant I am so sorry for your loss, but I'm so glad it went quickly and what sounds like pretty peacefully, and on his own terms. what you wrote was incredibly beautiful. I hope you find some peace in knowing how much you helped him. It's not easy losing a parent, no matter your age, so sending a big hug and thank you so much for sharing this part of yourself with us. :heart:
  • kar328
    Options
    It felt disrespectful to add my miles to my post to clepant, so I'm doing it here. 1.5 miles please

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.