TEAM: Run Track Minds (December)

Replies

• MissSlimline
    MissSlimline Posts: 32 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hey guys my app keeps crashing this is the third time I’ve tried to write this, very frustrating haha. I’m new to the community side of the MyFitnessPal app so it’s taking me a minute to navigate but I’m getting there.

I’ve recently had a baby so I’d like to lose weight and tone up so hopefully this December challenge will help me stick to it.

SW: 118.5
    CW:117
    Yesterday was a good day but I woke up today feeling very hot and faint it wasn’t nice so I’m going to try and make today a good one but I don’t know if I’ll manage a workout.

Hope everyone is having a nice day
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Hey Team!! Welcome to the December challenge! Thank you all for hanging in there in the last two weeks of November, while I struggled a bit with checking in and staying on track. I am determined to make this month a good one! Not only do I feel horrible (eating so much sugar has not been kind to me internally, on the scale, or to my skin!!) but I am heading to Mexico at the end of the month for a Christmas vacation, so I want to feel my best before being on the beach for a week.

I also originally started my healthy journey because one of my best friends got engaged and I am a co maid of honor! I realized the week of Thanksgiving that we are now only 5 months out from the wedding, so I really want to focus on making the next 5 months the best I can be and losing the last 20 pounds to goal!

Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Second half of the day
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: No
    Day: A day of travel to get back to DC after the holiday. I did pretty well this time around iwth travel. I usually buy more snacks than I need and end up feeling bloated and gross. Sunday I didn't buy any snacks for the trip and it turned out just fine! My skin is completely out of whack and I am feeling bloated and yucky, so getting back into gear this week.

Also, if anyone wants to help my captain the team and keep up with encouragement and the admin side of things, I would really appreciate any extra help!! I keep up with the admin, but I have a hard time with personalized encouragement every week, so an extra member of hte cheering squad would be amazing!
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Daily Post: Sunday (Dec 01)
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): Under
    Activity: Church, housework, setup Christmas tree, quality time with family
    Daily Step Goal Streak: 14

A Thought from My Day: I CAN, I WILL 😎
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Username: LyndaBSS
    Daily tracking: Sunday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Things I can do better: move more, clean clutter, stay positive and motivated
    Am I happy with progress today: yes, I made good choices today. 😀

Posting early as a promise to myself to stay under calories today. I will not add anything else to my diary today. 😊
  • mama_healthy21
    mama_healthy21 Posts: 191 Member
    edited December 2019
    Daily Post Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, weights and housework
    Day: Challenging day, getting back on track and back into our routine.
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Daily Post (Dec. 2nd)
    Calories: 1200 - at goal
    Exercise: yes gym workout and cycling at home
    Day: Life- Think about why you started, why you are here and where you are going.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Daily post Monday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: spot on
    Exercise: no

Back on track! Today was good.
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Daily Post: Monday (Dec 02)
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): On Target
    Activity: Didn't workout but did meet step goal
    Daily Step Goal Streak: 15

A Thought from My Day: BELIEVE <3
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,361 Member
    Hello everyone, and i hope everyone smashes their goals this month
  • jwall309
    Hi Team! We are missing some Sunday and Monday weigh ins so far this week:
    1. @Bukolab
    2. @dillyg08
    3. @CrystalEssex
    4. @docbeauty1
    5. @heyjude0225
    6. @Jactop
    7. @shaylee112

Remember to weigh in before Saturday so you don't miss the first week of the challenge!
  • jwall309
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: No
    Day: A solid day back on track with eating. I wanted to go to the gym, but didn't make it, so I just made sure my calories stayed within goal. For some reason this year, the time change has really hit me hard and now that its dark before I get home I just can't get myself to the gym or to do anything productive after work. Maybe I just need to cut myself some slack around the holidays....

How do you all cope around the holidays? I find the holidays really draining even though I love this time of year. Any tips or tricks to stay on top of exercise?
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Username: CrystalEssex
    Week # 1
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 108.9
    Current Weight: 108.2

@jwall309 Sorry. I try to use the same scale and I weigh at work. I was off yesterday which is a fluke thing for me to be off on a Monday.
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Hey! I managed to still loose 0.7lbs thru the Holiday!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Daily tracking: posted in prior thread as Sunday, should have read Monday

Posting early as a promise to myself to stay under calories today. I will not add anything else to my diary today. 😊

Daily tracking: Tuesday
    Calories: over

Over calories today. Had food poisoning and ate bread and butter more than once.

• somum
    Daily Post (Dec. 3rd)
    Calories: 1200 - over but not adding in calories burned so eating mindfully and feeling satisfied
    Exercise: yes cycling at home plus walking and daily squats, sit ups and push ups
    Day: Life- Embrace the Day. Never stop believing even when it seems hard and you feel 😴 know you are strong 💪 and can overcome all. 👍👊
    WE GOT THIS! 🙌
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Daily post Tuesday
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: no

Terrific Tuesday!
  • somum
    @MissSlimline Hi and welcome! I’m a newbie as well to the community side of MFP since Nov. I am loving the positive vibes from all in our healthy lifestyle tribe. I definitely understand about the navigational piece as finding communities umm yes while not so easy definitely worth the hunt lol. Congrats on your new baby! I am a mum as well and while my little one is now in 1st grade I still call myself a new mum as everyday is different. I am trying to get back to my former self as I had a high risk preggo along with several medical issues and miscarriage recently. While the lifesaving meds given while in ICU keep me going meds do come with a cost or side effects like weight gain. So again I pray to return to my former runner body fully embracing each day healthy and whole. Best wishes for us all and welcome again to all our new team members.
  • somum
    @CrystalEssex great work on your weight loss over the holidays. I unfortunately forgot the cardinal rules of the scale- don’t consume tons of water before a weigh in as I was hoping to flush my system and well yes water weight is real lol. Hopefully this Saturday my scale will place nice and reflect all the mindful eating and enjoyable movement I have been doing.

Which reminds me- just curious for all the MFP gurus is there usually a best time of day to weigh? Currently I’m doing it first thing in the am but I know the key is to be consistent and weigh the same day/time so I am wondering if the time of day matters. Also would love to hear best tips and tricks/success stories anyone would like to share during their journey.

Best,
    🤗
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Anyone want to start a mini water drinking challenge with me? I reeeaaallly need to drink more water, wondering if anyone else struggles with that too?

According to some stuff Dr Google tells me we should drink approximately 1/2 an ounce for every pound of body weight 😳 honestly I struggle to probably get even half that.

Anyone in? Figure it could just be added to the daily check-ins people are doing.

I propose we log it like this:
    Day
    Water goal
    Water drank
    What strategies you took to hit your goal or what you’re going to try to hit your goal tomorrow.

9msp1plyhwox.jpeg
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Username: germaine_yee
    Week: Friday
    PW = 133.82 lb
    CW = 133.82 lb
This discussion has been closed.