• docbeauty1
    docbeauty1 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Username: docbeauty1
    Weigh in week: December, week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 182.8
    CW: 182lb
    Sorry this is coming late. I was so busy and no where close to any scale.
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday (Dec 03)
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): On Target
    Activity: Didn't workout but did meet step goal
    Daily Step Goal Streak: 16

A Thought from My Day: A GOAL WITHOUT A PLAN = A WISH B)
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Options
    Username: Kathie_GoGo
    Weigh in week: DEC Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wed
    Previous Week's weight: 152.0 pounds
    Today's Weight: 151.6 pounds
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    @somum I always weigh in first thing in the morning after I've gone to the bathroom! Thats when I get the most accurate reading I've found. Otherwise your weight will fluctuate based on water, how much food you've eaten and where it is in the digestion process, etc.

@AmyG1982 awesome idea with the water challenge! I also need to work on that so I am in! Water will be great for my journey here and I hope it will help with some skin issues I've run into this month. All the sugar and lack of water is wreaking havoc with my skin, so hopefully more water will combat that!

Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: None
    Day: Happily getting back on track with eating this week. But I need to be better about getting back on track with exercise. I've only managed one solid week of consistent exercise and I just need to be better about it.
  • jwall309
    Options
    I looked ahead at my schedule and I have FOUR holiday events AND two work events revolving around food.

Any tips for how to handle holiday parties? Next week is going to be a mess and based on scheduling exercising to accommodate extra calories is going to be difficult
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    I looked ahead at my schedule and I have FOUR holiday events AND two work events revolving around food.

Any tips for how to handle holiday parties? Next week is going to be a mess and based on scheduling exercising to accommodate extra calories is going to be difficult

Days when I know we’re going to an event I make sure I fast (I pretty regularly do intermittent fasting anyway so I’ll make sure to skip breakfast that morning) and try to get in some good movement before we go. Then I just try to make good choices without feeling like I’m missing out. I’ll make sure to fill my plate with lots of veggies/salads and then top it with the goodies. I just try to be mindful and not drink too many calories but by fasting and exercising that morning I’ve set myself up with a good amount of “extra” calories to enjoy the evening guilt free :)
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Username: midsummer174627
    December starting weight: 149.8 :grimace:

Hi there, happy December. I'm 37 have a lot to be grateful for including that while I'm probably technically overweight, I'm in great shape and not really suffering ill-effects because of my weight (yet). What I do not like, though, is that I continue to struggle with impulsive eating.

Like many I'm recovering from Thanksgiving. I had an especially stressful trip travel-wise and more than anything my routine was disrupted for a solid week. I did listen to some weight loss podcasts though. One big take away was not to try to change too many habits at once. Another one that really made me stop and pay attention was that for some of us in the "clean plate club" throwing away food is a big challenge so one thing that was suggested was to "practice" leaving like two forkfulls of food on my plate and just get used to feeling okay about throwing it away. That had occurred to me before but I'm really going to do it because my main focus is repairing my relationship and habits around food NOT just going for a certain weight.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Calories: Over (2100, goal is 1500)
    Exercise: 30 min spin class
    Day: First day back at work (and trying to fit into my work clothes) after Thanksgiving.

Decided on an actual calorie goal after listening to the podcast Half Size Me. I estimate I burn about 1200 calories/week exercising so I'm now breaking that up across the whole week instead of "eating back" the calories on the day I exercise. So here it is: 1500 regardless of whether I exercised or not. I'm going to try doing that for an entire month and see where it gets me.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »

Days when I know we’re going to an event I make sure I fast (I pretty regularly do intermittent fasting anyway so I’ll make sure to skip breakfast that morning) and try to get in some good movement before we go. Then I just try to make good choices without feeling like I’m missing out. I’ll make sure to fill my plate with lots of veggies/salads and then top it with the goodies. I just try to be mindful and not drink too many calories but by fasting and exercising that morning I’ve set myself up with a good amount of “extra” calories to enjoy the evening guilt free :)

I do the exact opposite. On an event day, I make sure to eat 3 solid meals so I'm not starving hungry when I get there. Then I try to enjoy a few treats. I've tried banking calories but then I'm so hungry, all common sense goes out the window and I tend to massively overeat. So I guess different strategies work for different people. Good luck @jwall309 let us know how it goes.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »

I do the exact opposite. On an event day, I make sure to eat 3 solid meals so I'm not starving hungry when I get there. Then I try to enjoy a few treats. I've tried banking calories but then I'm so hungry, all common sense goes out the window and I tend to massively overeat. So I guess different strategies work for different people. Good luck @jwall309 let us know how it goes.

I can see how a person might overeat after banking calories. For sure, different strategies for different people! For me, fasting or banking calories works great.
  • MissSlimline
    MissSlimline Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Daily Post (Wednesday 4th)
    Exercise: The 30 Day Shred
    Day: Feeling really tired and not wanting to get out of bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be better
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Username: LyndaBSS
    Daily tracking: Wednesday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Things I can do better: move more, clean clutter, stay positive and motivated
    Am I happy with progress today: yes, I made good choices today. 😀

Today was a good day. Balanced my meals, stayed under calories, ran all my errands, played with the dogs in the snow, what more could I ask for?

• somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @AmyG1982 Count me in! I recently started my own water drinking challenge on Turkey Day to counteract the salt and well yes that didn’t go so well for the scale lol but since I have lost 😉 so I’m continuing my gallon a day challenge( I get close to the whole gallon which is night and day away from where I was not long ago as our water is gross from well sediments poor county water in rural area etc.

Let me know when we are starting 🙌
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over target but slightly under maintenance
    Exercise: no

I had lunch out with my partner today. 1400 calories worth of sushi! It was worth it though. We never have meals together so it was nice.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    @somum let’s start today!

Daily Post Wednesday
    Exercise: no specific exercise but I did a lot of cleaning/decluttering today so definitely burned a couple calories
    Day: I feel pretty good about today. I got back to IF, drank a bunch of water and got some things around the house done. I need to stop eating so many after dinner snacks but I’m working at it.

Water challenge:
    Goal: 15 cups of water
    Water drank: I kinda lost count but around 14 or 15 for sure!
    Today I tried to remember to finish my giant cup of water (24 oz cup) every 2 hours and I did pretty good until mid afternoon when I had a diet pop instead. I also downloaded a water drinking app that has reminders but I don’t love it, will look into a few others -tho really, I think just being more mindful about my water intake should do the trick. Now hopefully I’m not up peeing all night 🤣
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @Jwall309 and @midsummer174627 Thank you so much for the awesome wisdom and info shared.

Yep I’m definitely going to continue to weigh first thing in the morning after a bio break. I think because I have to quickly get my daughter up and ready for school since I drive her I need to build in more time for a longer bio break before weighing on the scale.
    I like the idea of listening to podcasts and used to do this more when my commute was over 2 hours to work. Now since I work from home for my role it’s challenging not only to get in steps since I’m not parking a mile from the building or having to walk around the building on lunch or run the stairs on break since my office is seconds lol from my bedroom down the hall. What I do now is practice more mindfulness and intentional movements while having to set reminders to get up from the desk to move more. I also was part of the clean your plate club and one that felt bad for throwing away food until recently as I reprogram the way I think about food and also use different strategies like a smaller plate and listening to hunger cues and eating not because it’s a habit to eat at XYZ time but eating because I’m hungry. Also tossing food doesn’t bother me anymore because I say it’s better in the trash than in and on my body which can lead to health issues. Plus I counteract feeling bad about throwing away leftovers or extra by donating good unopened to food banks or dropping off food to pantries. I recently created a food drive for our organization in which we are trying to raise 3000lbs of food for feeding America in every anthem state.

Thanks again for the post and all the love and support!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,363 Member
    Options
    Username: Minion_training_program
    Week: Thursday, December week 1 (05-12)
    PW: 98,3 kg / 216,71 lbs
    CW: 98,6 kg / 217,38 lbs
    Goals: I didn't had a specific goal, and having celebrating my birthday last weekend, i am glad the gain isn't that much, since i ate cake for 3 day's as well, lol
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday (Dec 04)
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): On Target
    Activity: Didn't workout but did meet step goal
    Daily Step Goal Streak: 17

A Thought from My Day: WHATEVER YOU ARE NOT CHANGING, YOU ARE CHOOSING :o
  • jwall309
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Exercise: None
    Day: Made a plan of attack for a weekend away this weekend. I'm going to stay on plan Friday and Sunday and then enjoy the day mindfully on Saturday. I'm hoping that doesn't lead to a spike in weight Monday morning, we will see.

Next week I think I just need to go into the week mindfully. Tuesday will be catered breakfast and lunch for an all day work meeting, but I am in charge of the order and I am making sure there are several healthy options available for both meals that I will want to eat. Wednesday is another work dinner, so I will keep lunch light so I can enjoy the dinner. Thursday is our holiday party and Friday is BFs holiday party, so same plan of attack there: light lunch, mindfully eat dinner. I think a key for me is eating things I really want and enjoying them rather than just mindlessly grabbing whatever is in front of my face. I'm also working on not eating things I don't love even if I put them on my plate. So we will see how all this goes in practice next week! Thank you so much for all of your input and advice @Pearl4686 , @skullsandskeletons , and @AmyG1982 !! Normally I cut myself some slack around this time of year, but this year for Christmas vacation my family is going to Mexico! Which will be amazing, but also means that I won't be comfortable if I'm bloated/ let myself put on a few pounds of holiday fluff! So, I'm trying my best to be in the best place I can be before the trip
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Username: LyndaBSS
    Daily tracking: Thursday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Things I can do better: move more, clean clutter, stay positive and motivated
    Am I happy with progress today: yes, I made good choices today. 😀

High anxiety last night resulted in lousy sleep. Joined a dating site and the idea of posting photos of myself is freaking me out. 🥺

This discussion has been closed.