Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Username: LyndaBSS
    Daily tracking: Sunday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Things I can do better: move more, clean clutter, stay positive and motivated
    Am I happy with progress today: yes, I made good choices today. 😀

Good day today. No problem sticking to my plan. Big whoosh on scale today which actually annoys me. I prefer small losses. Typically, after a whoosh comes a gain. Grrr.

My scale better behave itself tomorrow, or suffer the consequences. 😤

• Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Username: Toyota100
    Week: Sunday, November Week 2 (12/8/2019)
    CW: 219.0
    PW: 219.2

Ok. Back to where I was by .2, so I'm leading in the direction of my under 200 goal, again. Slower than expected, but I'm still pushing forward. I'm at work. I have a sedentary position. I'm only at 4,585 steps, so I'm going to walk some to reach my 10K today.

• skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: on target
    Exercise: no
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Username: CrystalEssex
    Week # 2
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 108.2
    Current Weight: 109.5

I guess the holidays caught up with me. We had to put my dog down last week and I really quit caring about carbs. Next week will be better. This is the first gain I've had since participating, and I knew it would come eventually so I'm glad it came now and I have a justified excuse :neutral:

• Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday (Dec 08)
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): On Target
    Activity: Church, housework, quality time with family
    Daily Step Goal Streak: 21
    Daily Water (goal 8-8oz): On target

Thought From My Day: CHOOSE TO STAY ON TRACK B)
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday (Dec 08)
    Tracked: Yes/ on paper app not working ☹️
    Calories (goal 1200): at goal
    Activity: cycling, walking, chores
    Daily Water (big picture goal 16 8 oz for 1 gallon): 10 8 oz
    Thoughts: still getting over flu so activity/steps lower than norm but I’m thinking long term not just daily so REST and don’t stress! Also signing up for another race before the big Shamrock marathon in spring 2020. December mileage goal is 100 miles for the month. All things are possible.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,363 Member
    Options
    I see some people here using a 1200 calories a day goal
    My first question is why?
    If the answer to this is, MFP suggested this, i would recommend reading about BMR and TDEE first and calculate for yourself what a healthy caloriegoal would be

I was in beginning of MFP the same by the way and was eating 1200 calories a day, because MFP suggested this for me
    This was byu the way when i was about 50 kg heavier than i am today
    Also i am 194 centimeter tall, that's about 6'4 something (i use metric system)

During that time i was eating so little, i did lost a lot of weight, but i also almost literally killed myself
    Because i was eating about 900 calories under my BMR at the time

I went to see a doctor and i was examined, and my lungs were only functioning for 60% at that time, my heart was at 55% and my kidney was at 35%
    Your organs need a certain amount of food to function on a daily basis, if you don't do that, you are starving yourself to death. Don't let fitness industry fool you by telling you that there is something as a spare mode you get in, because there is not. If that was the case, people in Africa wouldn't die from hunger.

Please be sensible about what you do with your body, i have seen the wrong side of it, and because i was helped in time i am fully recovered again
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!

I didn't get weigh ins last week from the following people! If you don't weigh in by Saturday this week, unfortunately you will be removed from the challenge.
  • docbeauty1
    docbeauty1 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Username: docbeauty1
    Weigh in week: December, week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 182lb
    CW: 182lb
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    @Minion_training_program Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I found it to be a very teachable moment. 🧡
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Username: LyndaBSS
    Daily tracking: Monday
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Things I can do better: move more, clean clutter, stay positive and motivated
    Am I happy with progress today: yes, I made good choices today. 😀

• Kathie_GoGo
    Options
    I see some people here using a 1200 calories a day goal
    My first question is why?

@Minion_training_program ... My 1200 calorie daily goal was set by the registered dietitians who led my Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) class ... not MFP. It was based on my body weight. Heavier classmates have higher daily goals. We're together here because we're on similar journeys NOT the exact journey <3
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: shovelling snow
    Day: my day was pretty good. Had a hectic weekend full of food. I’m happy to say I had a few treats on the weekend (just enough to not feel like I was missing out) but made really good choices for my meals AND got right back into better habits today which is huge for me -often some treats will lead me into a binge. Scale is up a bit but I’m hoping it’s water weight and that by weigh day I’ll be looking better.

Water challenge:
    Goal: 15 cups of water
    Water drank: a little short but pretty close. I’m just happy I made a conscious effort to drink more water today.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: no

@Minion_training_program I am set for 1550 per day based on current weight, sedentary lifestyle, and goal of 1 pound per week. I started with a higher calorie allowance but I weighed a lot more. I could not get by on 1200 but I am tall.
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @Minion_training_program Thanks for your post and your question/comments.

I have a coach and dietitian supporting me but also my physicians and family😊

To answer your question- I practice mindfulness in eating and movement. What this means for me is not obsessing over calories or measuring MFP I use just as an awareness exercise and retaining my body to what it already knows food is fuel.

Data is for me as an analyst is helpful but because I eat based on what my body tells me I need at that time just like with sleep some people need more than others or some days we need more or less than the day before it’s simply a guide for deeper analysis if needed. I also use data from this app to look at my macros which truthfully may not always be accurate because data can and will change. I am a former marathon runner returning to the sport after a medical issue called epiglottitis which is a rare condition-google epiglottitis killed George Washington. This condition was/is not due to weight and just sort of happen. For me it’s my testimony and just another part of my story. I only gained weight from the medical issue because of life saving medications (steroids etc) and methods used which later from meds caused issues down the road but again I practice gratitude and am thankful to be here on the journey. Whether it’s a weight journey, fitness journey or simply lifestyle journey.

While my posts say 1200 again it’s just a number at the end of the day. I based my eating on what my body is saying at the time (full, not full, satisfied, not satisfied, carbs, protein, fats-need more or less? Is it true hunger or just emotion? , is it mouth or stomach hunger? ).
    And because I don’t stress weighing the items I used the number as a guide which can be higher or lower depending on activity. Since I am in the health industry and was a former case manager and diseases management CM thankfully I have access to many clinical professionals like health coaches, exercise physiologist, RDs and MDs so I always am able to run info up the flag pole. I know my TDEE etc and have even had my VO2Max done so yep lol no worries I totally understand 🤗. Hope this helps explain more and if helpful I’m happy to leave this info off so it’s not a distraction to others because again it’s just a number ❤️. Also just a heads up I am a super transparent person and always open to help/share but since I don’t do any kind of social media except things for work I can say these posts are totally outside my comfort zone so I am very thankful for the support in a safe non judgement zone. 🤗🙏👍
    Once again hope this helps answer your question as to why you see 1200 which essentially is because again while this is a number I use as a visual guide it’s not set in stone since I have self awareness and mindfulness to follow what my body needs each day😇

Many thanks
    SoMum🙏
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes 30 min spin class
    Today:
    Didn't have good late afternoon snacls and ended up going off the rails. Also ate my after lunch treat of vanilla wafers so fast I didn't even taste em. But I tracked!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,363 Member
    Options
    @somum thank you very much for your clear explanation, it was just a worry from my side, because i have seen so many people on here using a number, without even realising what they are doing, clearly, you do, so that eases my mind.

@Kathie_GoGo glad you are as well in the professional help category, like i said for somum, it eases my mind to know it is done in a smart way
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 1 WINNER 1st - @RetroJoe28. - 2.55%
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TO THE SLIMSONS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 1!!

December Week 1 is now in the books!

December is a hard month to stay on track. With the holidays, and everyone is busy this time of year, everyone did a great job sticking to the plan despite all of that and as a whole, we are carrying 45.9 less pounds around. Awesome job!!

Below are the full results for Week 1.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @RetroJoe28. - 2.55%
    2nd - @Richmondwriter. - 2.45%
    3rd - @dmfaler. - 2.17%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - The Slimsons. - 0.67%
    2nd - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.25%
    3rd - Flab-U-Less. - 0.12%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @Richmondwriter. - 2.45%
    2nd - @Tinydancer106. - 1.79%
    3rd - @FitByFifty1970. - 1.65%

The Slimsons
    2nd - @Mss9675. - 2.15%
    3rd - @DebJB30. - 1.63%

Gutbusters
    1st - @dmfaler. - 2.17%
    2nd - @craigo3154. - 1.82%
    3rd - @MrsRosie111. - 1.09%

Run Track Minds
    1st - @SoMum. - 2.11%
    2nd - @Jwall309. - 1.56%
    3rd - @MissSlimline. - 1.27%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @ToadstoolBetty. - 1.59%
    2nd - @Tina9572. - 1.49%
    3rd - @Stimpy56. - 1.21%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @RetroJoe28. - 5.0 lbs.
    2nd - @SoMum. - 4.6 lbs.
    3rd - @Mss9675. - 4.0 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 11.2 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 26.4 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 4.7 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - -1.7 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 5.3 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 45.9 lbs

Week 1 Snapshot
    bzf6lxqj5cvc.png

Sorry for the delay posting last weeks results team! This week is insane at work and with work events so bear with me while I try to keep up with my life and with the team! If anyone wants to give being a co captain a try, this week would be an amazing time to lend a hand!!
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 1 WINNER 1st - @RetroJoe28. - 2.55%
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TO THE SLIMSONS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 1!!

December Week 1 is now in the books!

December is a hard month to stay on track. With the holidays, and everyone is busy this time of year, everyone did a great job sticking to the plan despite all of that and as a whole, we are carrying 45.9 less pounds around. Awesome job!!

Below are the full results for Week 1.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    2nd - @Richmondwriter. - 2.45%
    3rd - @dmfaler. - 2.17%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - The Slimsons. - 0.67%
    2nd - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.25%
    3rd - Flab-U-Less. - 0.12%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @Richmondwriter. - 2.45%
    2nd - @Tinydancer106. - 1.79%
    3rd - @FitByFifty1970. - 1.65%

The Slimsons
    2nd - @Mss9675. - 2.15%
    3rd - @DebJB30. - 1.63%

Gutbusters
    1st - @dmfaler. - 2.17%
    2nd - @craigo3154. - 1.82%
    3rd - @MrsRosie111. - 1.09%

Run Track Minds
    1st - @SoMum. - 2.11%
    2nd - @Jwall309. - 1.56%
    3rd - @MissSlimline. - 1.27%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @ToadstoolBetty. - 1.59%
    2nd - @Tina9572. - 1.49%
    3rd - @Stimpy56. - 1.21%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @RetroJoe28. - 5.0 lbs.
    2nd - @SoMum. - 4.6 lbs.
    3rd - @Mss9675. - 4.0 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 11.2 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 26.4 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 4.7 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - -1.7 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 5.3 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 45.9 lbs

Week 1 Snapshot
    bzf6lxqj5cvc.png

Sorry for the delay posting last weeks results team! This week is insane at work and with work events so bear with me while I try to keep up with my life and with the team! If anyone wants to give being a co captain a try, this week would be an amazing time to lend a hand!!

I messaged you a few days ago, I’m happy to help if you need it
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday (Dec 09)
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): Over (+200)
    Activity: None
    Daily Step Goal Streak: 22
    Daily Water (goal 8-8oz): Over

Thought From My Day: LESS HABIT ... MORE INTENTION B)
This discussion has been closed.