Chit chat

Options

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Ladies- I worked out at home last night since Orangetheory has been closed...
    I was so bored :| I did elliptical, dumbells and floor core stuff. 45min max. I ran out of steam.

How are you keeping up with exercise?? How to keep motivated? I hate working out in the basement!!
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    On the other hand, my kids are loving the fact I’m taking my time cooking dinner! I usually come home from work and rush make dinner and run to OTF. They get to see me more and talk over dinner. I like it too.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I bought a six pack of magnum almond Monday, I’m not coping very well with stress eating. I’ll try to get a grip again as from today. Did well with breakfast, and the rest of the day is neatly planned
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm having issues with the stress eating as well. Last week I also didn't work out, to put on top of it, with classes being cancelled and the whole situation growing ever more serious with one country after the other adjusting their strategies and decisions. This week, it's a bit better. Been running with my boyfriend twice now, and bought some new running shoes today as well. Thank goodness that shop was still open!!! My knees were aching with that old pair and now that I'm running more again, I want to be able to switch between two pairs at least.

Anyway, for pole I'm not sure yet how to start training. There's plenty of online material, but it's more - I lack the motivation and drive to do it. It's a bit like what @weatherking2019 said, out of steam...
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Wow, @weatherking2019 : you have beautiful kids !! :wink:
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Wow, @weatherking2019 : you have beautiful kids !! :wink:

Thank you! They are 13 & 11. My Pride and Joy!!
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, we are ALL in this together.
    Stay safe & healthy! Stay calm and don't panic :)

I think I am going to do floor exercise with the kids tonight. Kinda challenge each other.
    Who can outlast the other doing jumping jacks, burpees, leg lifts, push ups and sit ups etc. I think my son will enjoy beating his mom. k99dk4bvn4j3.jpg

GREAT PIC!!!! I'm glad you're getting in some quality family time - maybe that's the silver lining we're all supposed to find. My husband's kids have been with us all week and it's been good to have a chance just hang out with them....no where for them to go so we've been playing games in the evenings and it's given me a chance to get to know his daughter better. We just don't see her very often with her regular schedule. We made brownies last night (not good for my goals, but I'm trying to do stuff she enjoys for a bit daily)... IF we can get paint, I'm going to help her re-do her bedroom this wknd.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    fltjih6iap6h.jpeg
    Got my work in!! 30 min elliptical, kettlebell and floor. Feels good😆👍🏼
    Have a great weekend ❤️
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    https://youtu.be/ZKIV2ZjFfvg
    OTF at home 3/24/20
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    9kfxsj8rpp8r.jpg

something you can do without anything!
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    I've got to start incorporating some things like this. Life has been so screwy lately - I'm still working full time, and we have my husband's 2 kids + assorted cousins (they live 1 mile from us and only get to be at their home or ours).... Y'all SERIOUSLY! I'm so grateful for the time my husband has with both his kiddos at home - but this is HARD for a 40+ clean freak that's never had kids around until about a year ago. My cleaning lady isn't working until this all blows over (and I don't blame her a bit)....my husband is more of an 'outdoor' guy, I don't think he ever notices chaos or messes. I've NEVER had to try to feed this many people, currently grabbing take out isn't an option. The freakin hoarders have killed off many of the simple things I used to grab...wish me luck on my wally world trip today.

When I get off work, I just want to go to the barn & ride my horses - enjoy the quiet. I'm really competitive and am training for competitions. It's a LOT of work. I constantly feel rushed these days and there's literally no time for me to chill. Last night I finally had dinner ready at 8:45 :-1: I'm done whining, I'm grateful to have a secure job (for the moment)...it's just that life has been really stressing me out lately. Everyone is talking about how much they're enjoying the time at home and the things that they can do there.....it's life as usual for me but toss in 10x the chaos with all the kiddos. Thankful tomorrow's Friday - I think I can survive one more day this week....counting down the days till we figure out a new 'normal' - this can't be it.

• jacau
    Options
    @weatherking2019 , Thanks so much for posting those sources. It's a good reminder to snap the mind back in place! I've been running regularly the last two weeks, but I do miss my pole classes and feel like I should be doing some home-training for this before I lose too much muscle and mobility. Trying to find that switch to finally just do it.

@cayenne_007 , I feel you. We don't have kids around, just a cat for what it counts. But the search for a rhythm is real. There is a sense of routine, but mostly because we are in the fortunate situation that we have secure jobs and can work from home and have plenty of space. So that once breakfast is done, everyone can go to their own little space (cat participates in that game), and we can go about our stuff. We keep up the same type of morning or work routine conversations. We keep going for our lunch walks and maintain the same topics as we usually would (we work in the same company, so usually other colleagues join). In the evening we close shop, return "home", and switch to private mode. It helps.

Once a week we still have to go back to office to check on things. There, and in the streets, one can notice that people take the installed restrictions more and more serious and even walkers make little detours as to keep the distance. The streets are quiet, shops are closed. It's like waiting for the apocalypse. Well, that's my troubled mind speaking. I do find it eery though. Pleasant only in the sense that there's less stress at work without clients pushing and deadlines all of a sudden being not really meaningful anymore. For the rest, I don't like this sense of waiting for the storm to pass. Weird.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    1qezcc1vrxcz.png
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    @jacau that one is for you!! Little bit everyday. It might be time to think of installing your "own" Pole! Some ppls have it, right?

@cayenne_007 Whine away! It's fine. I hear you. I'm working FT from home and finding out the more you do, more work comes your way! (Lazy folks disappear!!) And somehow, my workload became much more. (doing work for others)
    But it is nice that I don't have to drive 36 miles everyday. I'm saving mileage on my car :)
    Also I get to sneak in 10 min mini workout breaks. I can't do that in the office!! :D So looking at it from the right side:
    1. I get to sleep an extra hour everyday
    2. I don't have to wear makeup
    3. I don't have to make lunch in the morning for 4 ppl
    4. No commute
    5. Mini workouts through out the day
    6. Eat lunch with kids or with fiance
    7. Check on laundry or other stuff
    8. Start on dinner early!!!

My kids are driving me crazy in a different way. They don't come out of their rooms!
    They are always group chatting or something online and becoming LAZY... No outside time. It drives me crazy. And you think they have so much free time, they want to help me out?? Well nope. Not much of a helper unless I make a huge deal. Teenagers. urgh.😒
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    This one is good. Try it out!
    https://youtu.be/lxVLxxgUseA
  • jacau
    Options
    @jacau that one is for you!! Little bit everyday. It might be time to think of installing your "own" Pole! Some ppls have it, right?

@cayenne_007 Whine away! It's fine. I hear you. I'm working FT from home and finding out the more you do, more work comes your way! (Lazy folks disappear!!) And somehow, my workload became much more. (doing work for others)
    But it is nice that I don't have to drive 36 miles everyday. I'm saving mileage on my car :)
    Also I get to sneak in 10 min mini workout breaks. I can't do that in the office!! :D So looking at it from the right side:
    1. I get to sleep an extra hour everyday
    2. I don't have to wear makeup
    3. I don't have to make lunch in the morning for 4 ppl
    4. No commute
    5. Mini workouts through out the day
    6. Eat lunch with kids or with fiance
    7. Check on laundry or other stuff
    8. Start on dinner early!!!

My kids are driving me crazy in a different way. They don't come out of their rooms!
    They are always group chatting or something online and becoming LAZY... No outside time. It drives me crazy. And you think they have so much free time, they want to help me out?? Well nope. Not much of a helper unless I make a huge deal. Teenagers. urgh.😒

Yup, I do have one. It's been packed up since moving houses last year. I'm already thinking about where to put it. In the attic is no option as with the sloped ceiling etc. there is not enough space for moving. It's a good area, though for doing non-pole exercises, like yoga, pilates, etc. where it's easier to direct where the feet, head and hands extend. next floor has one room as well, where the only potential victim at some point may be the ceiling lamp if kicked by accident. Or in the living room - my favorite option. Bit higher ceilings, sufficient free space to not kick furniture or the cat by accident... will discuss later with my guy to see if he can live with me practicing in the living room. o:) It's more a matter of easing into a routine with this. With running it worked quite well so far. Time for the next level...

Good luck with the teenagers ;)
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    @weatherking2019 - I think that's what's been making me bonkers. The kids are being so LAZY! I don't get it. Their Mom got them each an iPhone 11 with unlimited data for Christmas - worst gift ever for a 14 and 11yo. Other than what their Dad makes them do, if you turn your back for 1 min....they disappear and are glued to the dang screen.

THANKS for the graphic! It's easy & quick and I'm doing it for the month of April! I've seriously been fighting motivation lately, and this is a great place to start!

How was everyone's weekend?