Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Chit chat

Replies

• cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    When it rains.... my husband got bucked off a horse Friday and didn't break anything but is crippled. Exercise - riding more in the evenings should help deal with all the extra carbs I'm going to get.

OH NO!! That sucks! I wish his speedy recovery for both of you!!
    And like @Antiopelle said, take care yourself! That's a HUGE task on your end. Taking care of horses! My my. Hope your kids comes through- And eat well, rest well!! Thinking of you ;)

Date: 8/7/21
    Place: Backyard
    Budget

That's all we got! We will be starting on putting together guest list. I want small, he wants to invite EVERYONE. I say, if you want everyone, you gotta up the budget. (lol-I want small, intimate, simple party) So we will see. Maybe if I get everything quoted, he will opt for small!!

We had this exact same issue. It's impossible to figure out where to draw the line. We finally went with basically immediate family only - we both have huge extended families and it gets crazy in a hurry. I kind of wanted to do a destination wedding, but it just wasn't going to be simple to figure out with everything else going on. It's never easy for us to leave with all the animals. My parents and his Mom really help us with taking care of things when we leave town....and they'd be with us so...........

He would have invited EVERYONE he could think of (one of the reasons I love him)...but the expense & chaos would've been insane. At least you have plenty of time to figure out something that you'll both love.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,055 Member
    Oh wow Cayenne. That's awful. I hope hubby hasn't dislocated anything. And you picking up all the slack. SEVEN!!!!! HORSES!!!! Oh my goodness. That's crazy. I know my trainers used to do that in a day but they had someone tacking up and untacking etc so all they did was ride.

Weatherk congrats on setting a date!!!!! Have you picked out a dress yet?

bONwatchintherain
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    @SummerSkier : Nope- No dresses yet! I browsed through the web and got overwhelmed. It all looks the same?? I'll settle for something not over the top, simple and elegant. After all, it's gonna be in the backyard! Certainly not going to spend a lot$$. I rather spend on travel/HM. :D
  • weatherking2019
    inutovqt03ot.png
  • weatherking2019
    ynvciytenzqp.png
  • weatherking2019
    73lig7d4gz89.png

I'm determined to get a nice strong tight back! Can you tell?!
  • weatherking2019
    zigucy7nc5it.png
  • cayenne_007
    Can it be Friday yet? Please!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,055 Member
    Can it be Friday yet? Please!

Yes please !!

• weatherking2019
    It's FRIYAY!!!
  • cayenne_007
    It's FRIYAY!!!

YAS!!!!! We've made it this far! I think my hubby will be more back to normal by next wknd and thankfully I have a 4 day wknd. This week has been rather tough - Feed at 6:00am - rush to work by 8 - home by 5:30 - dinner for an hour and then work at the barn & ride till about 9:30-10. I'm worn out.
  • weatherking2019
    @cayenne_007 < rest up! have a good weekend!!
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    @cayenne_007 I’m so sorry to hear he hurt himself! I’m glad to hear he is already on the mend. Good luck on the horse training and sales!

@weatherking2019 Congratulations on the progress with wedding plans!
  • cayenne_007
    ums2mx3grddw.jpeg

Hope everyone had a fabulous wknd! (We didn’t get skunked, but it was CLOSE). One thing I’ve noticed since my husband has been hurt was that I gotten into a bit of a routine with my riding. It’s been good to change things up and work with new horses again. I’d kinda forgotten how much I enjoy that aspect of it.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Good to hear you are getting new joy from your riding, cayenne_007. My non-work exercise has totally fallen by the wayside and right now I could care less. I would much rather do something soothing on my minimal time off, like curl up in my chair with a fuzzy lap blanket and a delicious fruity herbal tea for a good read while listening to 'spa music,' than go out for a walk or run. The thought of going outside sucks happiness out of me right now. Not even my Un-Canceled Run Project schedule is motivating me.
  • cayenne_007
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Good to hear you are getting new joy from your riding, cayenne_007. My non-work exercise has totally fallen by the wayside and right now I could care less. I would much rather do something soothing on my minimal time off, like curl up in my chair with a fuzzy lap blanket and a delicious fruity herbal tea for a good read while listening to 'spa music,' than go out for a walk or run. The thought of going outside sucks happiness out of me right now. Not even my Un-Canceled Run Project schedule is motivating me.

I'm not gonna lie, there's days I drag my body outside and it's the LAST thing I want to do after being in the office.....but things must be done. They've got to be exercised/fed/stalls cleaned and after about 5 min - I really enjoy it. Curling up in a comfy spot with a good book & tea sounds delightful, but it's going to have to wait until about June 7. LOL! I've also been working on my flowerbeds a bit as I can steal a few min here and there...somehow it's grounding to just look at the things that are still growing/still thriving. Just do one thing at a time, then do the next thing...
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    I'd like to get out on the lake for a paddle, but no time right now either to load 'er up, grab my husband away from work or 'yard stuff,' skip the grocery shopping, and dip my paddle in. A bit sad about that. Gardening stresses me.... I like gardens, I just hate gardening. Weeds, and trying to figure out if that thing I'm yanking is actually a weed, up my anxiety ahahah.
  • cayenne_007
    @Antiopelle - I bet you thoroughly enjoyed that! I can't wait until the salons are allowed to open back up here and I can go have a relaxing pedi. I MISS wearing sandals to work. Hope you have a fabulous visit with your friends tomorrow.

I think the worst of it is over, not saying we need to all go crazy - but it's important to get back to some degree of normalcy. It's so weird, all the big box stores in my area have been madhouses for weeks.... entire families out shopping together and so on.... but because of our governor, the mom & pop stores still can't open and starting this week - masks are required when in public. I'm so over it.
  • weatherking2019
    Normalcy... I started to go back to the office 1x wk. We only have to go for half day and do what we can there. It's weird with everyone with masks on and tape&stickers reminding us to stay 6ft apart everywhere.
    We've been in touch with our close neighbors and meeting on the weekends in the backyard around a fire with our bev of choice. That's about all the excitement we get.
    But, this Friday, I made a mani-pedi appointment and it's a long weekend. I'm so looking forward to it and HOPE that the weather allows time outside!