Chit chat

Options

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thanks @SummerSkier!! It helps getting it out of my system!!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @weatherking2019 : glad you can vent here, it helps - I know.
    I'm in no position to offer advice and I don't think you need any as it seems to me that you have your priorities straight.
    But I understand that it is a stressful situation and it must be difficult to navigate especially with your own kids.
    And this too shall pass as soon as she is off to college, so hang in there.
    <big hug>
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    @Antiopelle, Thank you :)
    Hugs help!! I'm so glad we have this "place".
    I know this will pass. I know there's more to come. But this is all part of LIFE... Right?
    So I will survive. Today is a new day!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,811 Member
    Options
    So my latest adventure on a new note is candle making. Ok - it's just that I love those small vanilla scented candles but I have noticed that they are extremely wasteful of the wax. The wick burns down yet lots of wax left. So... I bought some wicks on amazon. I have a whole box of wax pcs which I can melt in the microwave and create my own set of votives. I already have the small glasses to use. Just another quarintine adventure....
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    @Antiopelle, Thank you :)
    Hugs help!! I'm so glad we have this "place".
    I know this will pass. I know there's more to come. But this is all part of LIFE... Right?
    So I will survive. Today is a new day!

@weatherking2019 - I so understand where you're coming from. Big hugs! I think kids in general are tough and stepkids - it's a whole 'nother level. Hang in there!
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    So my latest adventure on a new note is candle making. Ok - it's just that I love those small vanilla scented candles but I have noticed that they are extremely wasteful of the wax. The wick burns down yet lots of wax left. So... I bought some wicks on amazon. I have a whole box of wax pcs which I can melt in the microwave and create my own set of votives. I already have the small glasses to use. Just another quarintine adventure....

My sister does this also, perfect to prevent waste!

• cayenne_007
    Options
    uv65jgvi0801.jpeg

It’s a miracle.... I got away for an evening of ‘me’ time. Rented a covered arena and took 3 horses. Rode till dark and focused on working on competition goals. It was fabulous some days I really need to step back from the rat race.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,811 Member
    Options
    Horses are definitely good for mental health!!
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    uv65jgvi0801.jpeg

It’s a miracle.... I got away for an evening of ‘me’ time. Rented a covered arena and took 3 horses. Rode till dark and focused on working on competition goals. It was fabulous some days I really need to step back from the rat race.

What a BEAUTIFUL horse!
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    My 25th anniversary is in a couple days. I always imagined it being a grand occasion. We had planned a big trip to New York. Now we are still on stay at home orders so we can’t even do a nearby restaurant or hotel. My husband is really wanting us to make the day memorable, but I just can’t think of how. We don’t even have gifts for each other. I’m having trouble feeling like celebrating. I feel like I’m letting him down.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    @Cora0477, How about a romantic dinner at home?
    Get some flowers, set up the table nice.
    Splurge on some wine or champagne and use a real flute glass..
    Go for a 4 course meal with dessert!
    Maybe a restaurant take out and just set it up nice and pretty.
    Then maybe get comfortable and give each other a shoulder massage or foot massage.
    Just a nice relaxing day can still be romantic! Happy 25th Anniversary!!
  • Cora0477
    Options
    Thank you @weatherking2019 ! It feels surreal to be at 25.

We talked about having a nice dinner at home with the family, and even dressing up, but it feels like such a chore to set up and clean up a dinner that I know I’m going to spend trying to get the kids to behave at. They are really great kids. But they are loud, full of energy, and the youngest two can fight incessantly. I probably just need to adjust my attitude. We should have a nice family dinner and just plan to have a proper celebration when all this is over.
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    Cora0477 wrote: »
    Thank you @weatherking2019 ! It feels surreal to be at 25.

We talked about having a nice dinner at home with the family, and even dressing up, but it feels like such a chore to set up and clean up a dinner that I know I’m going to spend trying to get the kids to behave at. They are really great kids. But they are loud, full of energy, and the youngest two can fight incessantly. I probably just need to adjust my attitude. We should have a nice family dinner and just plan to have a proper celebration when all this is over.

Congrats on 25!!! We've just delayed celebrating so many things the last month or so..... I'm planning a big ol' celebration when the craziness ends.

I like @weatherking2019 's suggestion. We actually had no kids last night and I cooked a decent meal then we sat outdoors on the balcony with a cocktail and just talked for hours. It was exactly what we needed. I dearly love the kids, but sometimes you need one on one time.
  • Cora0477
    Options
    I’m feeling a little better. We decided to order from the restaurant where we had our first date. (It was in another state, but from the same chain). The kids swore they are going to behave at dinner (we’ll see :) and I found a trinket that I know he will love. We still have a few things to work out, but I know they will work out.

25th is the ‘silver’ anniversary, so this will be perfect once personalized.
    lya41lv12o0s.jpeg
  • Cora0477
    Options
    And thank you guys for being supportive. Even though we don’t know each other, it means a lot during a time like this.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    @Cora0477, Hope it went well! Anniversary dinner and mother's day and all!!!

@cayenne_007 , jealous! I could use a one on one dinner!!! It's been a family affair for a bit too long. But we did talk a little about wedding planning.
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    When it rains.... my husband got bucked off a horse Friday and didn't break anything but is crippled. (No, he won't consider going to the dr - they'll just tell him anti-inflammatorys and rest). He's done a number on his hip - I think it's his SI joint. I think it's going to be 2 weeks at least before he can ride again. We have 4 horses that must be exercised daily/trained for a sale June 4th in WY. I'm trying not to freak out about how I'm going to manage this - I rode 7 of them yesterday (I don't want to lose too much ground on the 3 that I usually ride). I can do it fine IF I didn't have to go to the office. There's no one else around us that can ride them - I have to do it. Theoretically - his kids are supposed to come stay with us and take care of feeding in the morning and cleaning stalls - we shall see. I'm praying they help and don't just make more work for me. Thankfully my mother-in-law is a saint and offered to take care of meals until he's up and around.... I told her yesterday that I need help - I can train horses OR take care of him/kids/house but I cannot do both. I'm going to need boatloads of patience for the next few weeks. Nutritionally - my eating isn't going to be great, but I'm going to let it go in the evenings. Exercise - riding more in the evenings should help deal with all the extra carbs I'm going to get.
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    @Cora0477, Hope it went well! Anniversary dinner and mother's day and all!!!

@cayenne_007 , jealous! I could use a one on one dinner!!! It's been a family affair for a bit too long. But we did talk a little about wedding planning.

@weatherking2019 - that's exciting!!! Have you set a date yet?
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    @cayenne_007 : don’t forget to take care of yourself in all this!
    It is very good that you have asked for help, that is a start.
    And indeed, with all that activity, you will be able to eat a little more.

Take care !
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    When it rains.... my husband got bucked off a horse Friday and didn't break anything but is crippled. Exercise - riding more in the evenings should help deal with all the extra carbs I'm going to get.

OH NO!! That sucks! I wish his speedy recovery for both of you!!
    And like @Antiopelle said, take care yourself! That's a HUGE task on your end. Taking care of horses! My my. Hope your kids comes through- And eat well, rest well!! Thinking of you ;)

Date: 8/7/21
    Place: Backyard
    Budget

That's all we got! We will be starting on putting together guest list. I want small, he wants to invite EVERYONE. I say, if you want everyone, you gotta up the budget. (lol-I want small, intimate, simple party) So we will see. Maybe if I get everything quoted, he will opt for small!!