Jumpstart January 2020 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Day 2
    Staying under carbs-50g total- NO, i has a sugar free hot chocolate with Irish cream liqueur 😋
    Staying under calories-1500 per day- NO! I have no idea how I consumed so many calories today with my 2 1/2 meals
    Logging and measuring-Daily- YES
    Getting in exercise/movement-3x/week- 0/3
    Increasing water intake - Yes!! I was actually thirsty today
    Planning ahead meals-YES
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    My last two days have been good- stayed pretty low carb and have been very active. My water intake yesterday was low so I’ll work on that today. I needed caffeine to keep me moving yesterday on the first day back to work. Love being back in a routine! Have fasted 18 and 16 hours over the last two days but waited too long to eat last night due to appointments so I overate a bit at dinner. Will need to watch that moving forward. Kitchen will be closed by 8 every night to be able to fast and avoid snacks!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    @maureenkhilde - if the issue is being able to grip weights, then maybe some of the ankle weights would be a good alternative...you could strap them on your forearms and not have to grip anything, assuming that whatever your mobility challenges are would not impact your shoulders/elbows...5 lbs doesn't sound like a lot, but when you start doing lots of reps it adds up fast...I have a 5 lb and 3 lb dumbells at my desk and I just do some curls and front/side raises when I'm stuck in meetings and even light weights can make me feel the burn.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Goals for January...going to keep it simple...

Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day)
    Do the planned workouts every day
    Get 10K steps a day
    Write 30 min a day
  • Genmon02
    Genmon02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm back. Again. My goal this year is to reset my mind to focus on my health and not the other million goals I have in my life. If my health is not good, then I am playing with my future anyways and I may not reach my goals, right? My main pitfall is like our dear friend baconslave said, "Failing to plan is planning to fail". I realize I'm just lazy in that area when it comes to this WOE. What's funny is that I'm a super planner in all other areas of my life. SMH.
    I am very happy to see some of the oldies (and goodies) on the forum still. You guys are my inspiration. :)
  • alevbrant
    alevbrant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just completed a 3 day Master Cleanse fast (lemonade, cayenne pepper and maple syrup) in an effort to give my system a rest. My plan is to continue with simple easy digestible food for a week then get back to Keto. I weigh in at 126 (at 5"1") which is where I typically balance out after the holidays. Two years ago I got down to 116 on Keto, but then got sick, got off Keto and have since put it all back on. Goal: to get the weight off with Keto then maintain with good balanced diet and exercise. I already have a regular moderate exercise routine but honestly, not terribly challenging. Time to ramp it up! Good luck everyone with your goals for the New Year!
  • alevbrant
    Options
    What is "DD"?

• alevbrant
    Options
    I'm in maintenance, working on my 3rd year. While I am staying where I want to be weight wise, I need to stay focused on getting my exercise and finally learning to actually use a meal planner to simplify and stay on track. In the past when I got to my goal weight, I'm a WW lifetimer, within 3 years, I had started gaining back and by the 4th year, I had gained everything plus a bunch more back. Not going to happen this time.
    So I will be reporting in here and I am doing the 5 week keto meals run by dietdoctor.com's Kristie Sullivan so I can start out 2020 strong and I know I love this WOE and it can keep me from gaining it all back.

Goals:
    Report in here and the DD Facebook group daily.
    Keep the carbs within the guidelines of the DD 5 week challenge
    Follow the meal plans and make any substitutions ahead of time, not when I open the fridge!
    Attend Body Flex or use at home weights 2 x a week.
    Attend Zumba class and do 2 sessions at home with the DVD.
    Look in the full length mirror at least 3 x a week and journal about what I see. I have body image issues :(.

What is "DD"?
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the loss of such a young life. It makes us so much more acutely aware of how precious our children are and how unfair life can be sometimes. It's normal to feel sad when thinking about those things.

December 2 was a success.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31 Going in right direction!
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day YES!
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day YES!
    4. Exercise every day YES!
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks YES! I planned ahead for another baby piece of pie and it was sooo good.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    alevbrant wrote: »
    What is "DD"?

I believe the DD reference in this case is Diet Doctor. He's a keto guy with a Facebook page (never been to it) and an excellent website (dietdoctor.com).
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Day 3 is done for us. We went over a bit on calories, we were hungrier than normal today. Otherwise everything went fine, carbs & workout & activity etc.

1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    2) 1000 < Calories < 1500 - ❌
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    4) Hit our activity goal every day - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◻️◻️◻️◻️

We hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • taylok23
    Options
    Small victory today- stopped at Whole Foods for lunch and got much less than normal but likely could have been satisfied with less. Finished off the lucky pork and cabbage for dinner and stopped before being too full. Hubs tried to tempt me with nuts but I refrained. Still working ion getting plenty of water this evening. I will conquer portions this month!
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Today was another good day. I know I'm just starting out and in the honeymoon period, but so far, so good.
    Stay under 50 total carbs everyday: Yes
    Exercise everyday: Yes
    Lower my blood sugar: Yes, current blood sugar: 148, down almost 100 points in a few days
    Lose something: I won't weigh until next Wednesday
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Drink all my water - yes
    Take all my supplements/meds/vitamins - yes
    Quit eating after 9 pm (since I'm on day shift this month) - yes
    (past couple days)

Still not eating optimally - some potato chips, wine and cheddar, plus handfuls of raw pecans. Hubs made ham & split pea soup for dinner - too many carbs for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed it anyhow. He's been home for a couple days while I am working like a maniac. One day off on Sunday then 6 straight again on my feet (8.5 km walking in the store yesterday while doing loss prevention.) Everything hurts when I get done - and the drugs I have aren't good enough, lol. So, I feel like comfort food.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    alevbrant wrote: »
    What is "DD"?

Diet Doctor, dietdoctor.com is an awesome website for low carbers/keto folks
    But if a parents uses it, will probably mean dear daughter.

Goals:
    Report in here and the DD Facebook group daily. ✅
    Keep the carbs within the guidelines of the DD 5 week challenge✅
    Follow the meal plans and make any substitutions ahead of time, not when I open the fridge! not starting the meal plan meals til Monday.
    Attend Body Flex or use at home weights 2 x a week.✅
    Attend Zumba class and do 2 sessions at home with the DVD.✅
    Look in the full length mirror at least 3 x a week and journal about what I see. I have body image issues✅
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Stay under 50 total carbs everyday: Yes
    Exercise everyday: Yes
    Lower my blood sugar: Yes, current blood sugar: 147
    Lose something: I won't weigh until next Wednesday

I spent a half hour on the stationary bike and half hour on the treadmill today. I'm listening to the audiobook of Ready, Player One, which I'm reserving for the gym rather than sharing between the gym and my car. If I continue to exercise an hour a day, which seems doable then I'll be finished in about two weeks.
  • al4374
    al4374 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So far going well - planning ahead and sticking to plan. My bday is this week. thinking of planning one higher carb treat. Shld be easier not to slip up if I plan it. This way I have it, enjoy it, and move on instead of feeling out of control and spiraling
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    @al4374 Happy Birthday! And you have a good plan. Enjoy yourself.
  • taylok23
    Options
    I fasted for 20 hours yesterday and 17 today. Have stayed fairly low carb except for some alcohol yesterday. I don’t do that often so am not too concerned but it likely won’t help me lose a pound a week this month. Water intake was decent but could be better. Tried a new soup recipe at lunch today that was super filling with a small salad but rather than waiting, I ate some nuts that it turns out I totally didn’t need. I’ll go light at dinner now. I’m so used to being stuffed after eating that I don’t realize when to stop.
This discussion has been closed.