Jumpstart January 2020 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    The last two days have been okay here. Average water intake but I still want to get another 20 ounces a day in. Yesterday I snacked before dinner because lunch may have been too light. But I’m feeling good about my portions overall. I had a less active day at work followed by a pedicure instead of a dog walk so I jogged in place while making dinner and during commercial breaks to close the rings on my Watch. I’m adicted to making those goals! Rain this weekend may slow down getting out and walking so I’ll have to find other ways to get in some steps.

Yeah, we're supposed to get waterlogged too. And it's supposed to be lower 70s Saturday. In January. Bonkers!
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    OH my goodness! 70's and rain would be wonderful. Our weatherman is forecasting 12" of snow and lots of wind to blow it around. That's one foot of snow. We haven't had that amount at one time since last November 2015 (it was memorable). Needless to say, I'll be shoveling for my workouts on both Saturday and Sunday at my house.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for Dec 9
    1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31, Scale is not moving one way or the other
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day YES! Way under again 28 net carbs, 21 total.
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day YES! Way under again at 799. not hungry
    4. Exercise every day YES! treadmill is going well, turned incline up to 2.0, speed 3.4 for 2 miles. I can feel it in my legs
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks, planning way ahead for going out to eat this weekend.

Hope everyone is having a good January.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Eating good, exercise good. Had an OB appointment yesterday - only up 4 pounds this pregnancy. All blood work is perfect.
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Stay under 50 total carbs everyday: Yes
    Exercise everyday: Yes
    Lower my blood sugar: No, current blood sugar: 161
    Lose something: SW: 236.5 CW: 234.5 Loss: 2 pounds

Even though I've been eating similarly each day I woke up with my blood sugar high this morning. I think it might be related to hormones, which a little bit of Googling confirms is probably the case. It could also be that I ate more protein than normal yesterday, which can raise blood sugar. Today I got in my swim even though I had thought about skipping it because my dog was keyed up because maintenance came to fix the dryer. They will be back Monday because they need a part, and if that doesn't fix it I'll be getting a new unit. I've been without it for over a week now, so hopefully it will get fixed soon.

I tried a new keto bar after dinner for my treat, a Dang bar, and I didn't care for it. It was supposed to be chocolate sea salt, but it mostly tasted like seeds and salt, no chocolate and no sweetness, so I won't be picking that one up again.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Jan 10th checkin:

1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    2) 1000 < Calories < 1500 - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    4) Hit our activity goal every day - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◻️◻️◻️◻️

It was warmish so we got out for a nice walk through the park & ravine. Supposed to be even warmer today but there's a severe rainfall warning so probably going to stay inside & keep dry.

We hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Same same same old for day 10 with the exception of a small blip. A vendor at work brought in a ton of devils, I mean donuts, so I sampled one. Otherwise NEAT is up, water intake continues to be a focus and portions are under control. Let’s see what the weekend brings.
  • Violet_Flux
    Options
    Early check-in for us today cos we closed our diary early. 😺

It was warm today, and its been raining hard all day long. We went out for another walk anyways & got soaked! 😹 It was a nice walk tho, mostly. Too bad its all supposed to freeze tonight. 😿

Jan 11:
    1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◼️◻️◻️◻️

We hope everyone's enjoying the weekend! 😸
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I need to exercise today, but it's leg day. I hate leg day. LOL
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Starting as of Wednesday 1/1/2020
    I am doing overall well. Have had a few days where missed Fiber goal.
    The plague has visited our house as well. I had the easier version, I think but now have a sinus/ear infection. So the netti pot and lots of hot tea are being used.
    As of 1/12/2020 down 2.4 lbs in January 2020.

Water: 96 0z per day, got it
    Fiber at least 14*
    Logged Food: Got it

Exercise as Planned: Update, I did in fact go buy ankle weights starting low at 3 lbs to put on forearms. I also am trying Yoga on the wall, for helping low back and hips, and even arm strengthening.

At or Under Carb Level: 50, I changed to 55 based on exercise average hitting 650 and higher daily.
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yes!
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes!, normally make big meals on Sunday so can use several times a week. Just makes life so much easier.
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1) On day 6/37 of no binging 💪Starting to get hungry again. Instead of giving in I am telling myself it's because I am about to drop a bunch of fat and my body is fighting it.

2) Exercise outdoors 💪 I downloaded a walking app from Under Armour and took my dog for a long walk which included some stair climbing. She loves stairs and they are good for her aging hips.

3) Meal prep 💪 Still cooking 2 meals at once and it's much easier now to plan and prep! I bought some small containers so I can freeze a bunch of individual ingredients and full meals. I haven't thrown any food away in a long time and our grocery bill is going down.

4) >1700 calories, >100g carbs & <130g protein, fasting between 8pm and 12pm. 💪

5) Shed “all or nothing” attitude and remain accountable 💪I haven't been challenged the past few days health-wise but I've been applying this attitude towards my work.

I weigh the same now that I did last month but that's okay, meeting the above goals is more important. I am feeling a little smaller so something is happening, just don't have the numbers to prove it. Patience.

Keep on!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Day 10-12:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day) o:)
    Do the planned workouts every day o:)
    Get 10K steps a day >:)
    Write 30 min a day >:)

I'm very annoyed that MFP was up and down all weekend. I wasn't able to pre-log things like I prefer to do so even though calories were ok in the end, I really don't like winging it and would have preferred to be able to actually log...also, I'm pretty sure I forgot some things from Sunday...just have a nagging feeling...

Overall it was a good, if somewhat stressful weekend...and I have decided to switch up my workouts so strength training is only every other day.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I ended the week well and was down 1.4 pounds. I’ll continue to target a pound a week. I am quite happy with how I managed to not log and stop eating before being overly full. I can still tweak that along the way as there were times I likely under ate and times where I could have eaten less and been fine. Here’s to looking at another successful week!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Jan 10
    on-plan cals: lower day:mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: lower day :mrgreen:
    workout: 5/6, cardio :mrgreen:
    NEAT: :mrgreen:

Done deal. Even though it was crazy busy.
    I don't log on weekends. I had intended to workout Sat to get that sixth day in but I had some cleaning to do for a house guest, so while I got some good NEAT, there was no time for exercise.

Back to the Monday grind. I need to call and make the annual vision appts for my herd.
    Off to coffee and to make my rounds.
  • al4374
    al4374 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Checking in - last week got about 5/7 days of pre planning and following my plan.
    The others involved my bday and a visit to grandma 😋
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for several days, 1/10, 1/11, 1/12. The weatherman was incorrect, surprise, surprise and we didn't get the big dump of snow he was scaring us about. We did get a lot of ice so I didn't go out to the fitness center all weekend.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31, Scale has started to move again, I'm happy about that.
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day YES! Under all 3 days
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day YES! Under again all 3 days
    4. Exercise every day YES! I counted chipping ice off the sidewalk and house cleaning over the weekend.
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks, planned well and was successful.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Day 13:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day) o:)
    Do the planned workouts every day o:)
    Get 10K steps a day o:)
    Write 30 min a day >:)

Seriously contemplating dropping the writing, I don't have time for that and the boy child is constantly on the PC with college stuff anyway, so I may just wait and swap that out for sewing once I get to the store and buy some shirring thread.

I've lost half a pound this month...which wasn't really the plan, but I am enjoying eating more food anyway...plus, my love handles are getting squishy...I guess they are shrinking??? but I don't really like the squishy consistency...it's weird...usually my love handles are solid, firm fat...it's weird when they are squishy fat.
  • baconslave
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Jan 13
    on-plan cals: lower day:mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: lower day :mrgreen:
    workout: 1/6, cardio :mrgreen:
    NEAT: :mrgreen:

Got almost 12k steps today. It's still a little warm here for us so I got to hoof it in my yard for my workout.

Rainy rainy today. Looking forward to getting to eat a little more since it's a strength day. I'm going to try to up my weight some more today. Still getting strength back.

Have a great day! :heart: :

• Violet_Flux
    Options
    I know we've missed checking in for a couple days. More 'bad brain stuff'. Despite that, we've been sticking to plan and getting our workouts in, kept carbs down, and calories in the target zone.

It's the end of week 2 today, so we wanted to make sure we checked in today.

1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️ ✅

We hope the past week has been good for everyone, and the week to come is even better.
This discussion has been closed.