Jumpstart January 2020 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @amckholmes, We have all been there and went through it myself to a certain degree at Christmas. I got rid of all the sweets, either ate them or sent them home with my sister. Then I made bacon, hamburgers, and chicken ready to warm up in frig and for 2 days I told myself that those items were all I could eat if I felt like a binge.

Another person that is part of this group makes herself wait 20 minutes to eat anything when she feels out of control. I believe it gives her time to process and make sure the desired food is really worth it.

I hope you find whatever works for you. Hang in there!
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for January 13 (haha, I just noticed that I posted earlier a check in for Dec 9, whoops wrong month in my head)

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31, scale is moving slow.
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day Yes, only 7 net carbs
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day Very low, I wasn't hungry.
    4. Exercise every day YES! Back on the treadmill. 36 minutes and 2 miles seems like no big deal anymore which is amazing
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks, doing well.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My water intake has been down yesterday and today so I’ll try and get that up over the rest of the week. I snacked a bit yesterday after dinner as I didn’t eat much but didn’t overdo it so will call that a win. I haven’t had the urge to snack as much the last two days, even though work was stressful today. Having my mind occupied on something other than food is nice but I could do without the angst of work drama too! Fasting windows are still between 16 and 18 hours and seems to be working well. @tcunbeliever, I thought it was weird that my cellulite was looking more pronounced as I become more fit but maybe I’m not crazy- something is definitely up!
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Day 14
    I’m doing weekly updates instead of daily. It was occupying to much of my time everyday which was becoming a bit obsessive for me.
    Days 8-13 were rough. My menses mixed with the full moon brought a lot of cravings and crazy emotions and crazy head stuff. I’m doing better now. Last week I even ate gluten (on purpose! Twice!) which made me sick and I’m still battling headaches from my experiment. Staying at the top of my carb range. Been doing good the last couple days on staying within calorie range and been doing great at getting in my water. Back to my evening strength exercises. So all in all I survived the crazy week and am back on track moving towards greatness. 👍🙂
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Day 14:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day) o:)
    Do the planned workouts every day >:)
    Get 10K steps a day >:)
    Write 30 min a day >:)

Food was good mostly because while I was super hungry all day, I had very little appetite in the evening, which helped keep me on target. I really could have used more protein, I need to plan better for that.

I really struggled to get in any kind of an evening workout, just sooooo meh, and not really tired, but just feeling very blah, if that makes any sense...I did about 5 min. on the stairs and then my calves were starting to be unhappy, so I switched to the treadmill, but then really only for like 10 min then my feet were unhappy with me, I probably should increase magnesium in light of how my muscles have felt this week.

8.5K steps, so some walking, but not as much as usual...had to walk indoors and I don't get signal downstairs, so it's possible that I did actually walk that whole 10K but it didn't register, it's also possible that I didn't get as many steps because walking indoors I am slowed by other people being in the way...but, the weather and the lack of gps in the basement is out of my control, so I'm not going to fret about it.

@taylok23 - so much YES

If I lose in my love handles, then my belly looks larger in comparison and becomes much more pronounces as my "fat stash".

If I lose in my belly or upper thighs, then there's this phase where the skin is all wrinkly and bumpy and cellulite looking for a long while before it kind of catches up and eventually smooths out.

And now apparently some parts feel squishier than before...who knew???

Eventually, I'm sure I'll get to where I want to be, but some of the detours along this journey are not where I would have chosen to go!!! :p
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,951 Member
    Options
    Jan 14
    on-plan cals: higher day:mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: higher day :mrgreen:
    workout: 2/6, strength :mrgreen:
    NEAT: :mrgreen:

Bumped up to the 18lbers. Whew! I'm going to need to hang out there for a bit. Anyway, cardio is today. I have to run my 15 (son) to the library at 11 to meet with his homeschool co-op lit group. They have a group project. *eyeroll in progress*

Cardio needs to be squeezed into the day. Off to see what there is to see around here. ttfn

• vkrenz
    Options
    Jan 14 check in

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31, scale is moving very slow.
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day Yes, only 21 net carbs
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day Very low, again I wasn't hungry.
    4. Exercise every day YES! Back on the treadmill. 36 minutes and 2 miles, I raised the incline so after awhile my legs are feeling it.
    My Fitbit logged me with 12,281 steps yesterday, the most ever!
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks, doing well but weekdays are easy, weekends are harder.

I wish the scale would move. I replaced the batteries.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Sorry we've missed a few days.. not sure when we last checked in. We've been sticking to plan but by the end of the day we've been very discombobulated & memory isn't as good.

Had some difficult stuff today & faced some different temptations, but we found some activities to keep the hands busy and the mind distracted from food, and the temptations passed.

1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    2) 1000 < Calories < 1500 - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    4) Hit our activity goal every day - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️

We hope week 3 will be good for everyone.
  • taylok23
    Options
    Today I felt like snacking throughout the day and even more so tonight but I fought the urge. It is SO hard to distract! I think stress at work is creeping in but I keep thinking of how much effort I put in to exercise regularly and truly know what you put in your mouth matters. So I prevailed today. Water was meh, so I have some work there. I ate more than I needed at dinner but don’t felt super full so I’ll keep working on that. All in all, a good day.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Day 15:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day) >:)
    Do the planned workouts every day >:)

I went out for margaritas after work, and had a giant one, and a smaller one, which was still pretty giant - so, about 1,800 over in calories. I only get a margarita craving about once or twice a year, so I'm not going to fret over one day.

Didn't workout, but I plan to do yesterdays and tomorrows strength training tonight since I know Friday will be travel to the beach - so at least I have a plan for making up the missing workouts, yay me.

Walking was 8,700 because I got busy with work and missed my afternoon walk, but that's still better than nothing.

Still no writing...I'm so slack!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Jan 15
    on-plan cals: lower day:mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: >:)
    workout: 3/6, cardio :mrgreen:

Pizza happened due to church last night but my cals were still good even though carbs wasn't. There were donuts at church, which I did not touch even though they were Dunkin and I LURVE donuts. So...good for me? Got a good cardio workout in.

Ladies night tonight so I'm going to try to eat sparingly the rest of the day. And def need to get my strength in so the cals can be used to make me some muscles.

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Pizza happened due to church last night but my cals were still good even though carbs wasn't. There were donuts at church, which I did not touch even though they were Dunkin and I LURVE donuts. So...good for me? Got a good cardio workout in.

That is a WIN!!!!
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for Dec 15.

There was Amish friendship bread at church last night, I stole a crumb from my husband.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31, doing well
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day Yes, only 16 net carbs
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day Under goal so happy about that.
    4. Exercise every day YES! Back on the treadmill. 36 minutes and 2 miles, I raised the incline so after awhile my legs are feeling it.
    Got in over 10,000 steps again so tomorrow going to a 3 day stretch
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks, doing good.

No beach for me in this cold cold north, bundling up for below zero wind chill. So go for the beach whenever you can and have fun!
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Jan 16th. Another on-plan day. I'm kinda hoping we can get through the whole month without messing anything up, just so we can say we did it for a month. 😸 Like, I could say I've been at it since Nov 25th, but I know we had 2 'bad' days in December, so I can't really say we've been good since November. 😿

Still having some 'brain issues' but maybe not as bad today. No cravings tho - actually i got busy doing something distracting (one of the others convinced me to try writing) and I got kinda lost into that for a few hours, so I didn't even think about food, lol. 😹

1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    2) 1000 < Calories < 1500 - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    4) Hit our activity goal every day - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️

So we're doing ok, but no idea if we're actually losing weight. I think maybe next month we'll hafta risk getting on the scale at some point... just so we know? 😼

Hope everyone's having a good day! 😺
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Starting as of Wednesday 1/1/2020

Things back to normal, which has helped food prepped, getting exercises in. Water in, logging everyday.

Update as of 1/16/2020.

Water: 96 0z per day, got it
    Fiber at least 14*
    Logged Food: Got it

Exercise 45 minutes daily

At or Under Carb 55
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yes!
    Planned Day Ahead: meals prepped through Saturday
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Day 16:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day) o:)
    Do the planned workouts every day B)

Food was really good...I didn't do Thursday's workout, but I did do Wed/Fri strength training plus 20 min on the stairs, so awesome way to make up for missed time.

I'll be at the beach this weekend, and I have not been able to get MFP working on my phone for some time so I'll be tracking food with FatSecret. We are tackling the last of the backyard bamboo and brush including removing the collapsed shed and it's contents. Since I'll be doing manual labor, I won't do any formal workouts except maybe some yoga.

My biggest challenge for the weekend will be not snacking if I decide to drink. I'm pretty off snacking everywhere else, but there's something about all the physical labor combined with alcohol that kicks my appetite into overdrive in the evenings. I'll either have to skip the alcohol, which is kind of a shame because it's a fantastic muscle relaxer, or maybe I'll try to make sure I really up the protein...I suspect a super high amount of protein might fill that void...but I haven't tried that yet...maybe steak on the grill is in order for tomorrow night.
  • baconslave
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Jan 16
    on-plan cals: >:)
    on-plan carbs: >:)
    workout: 4/6, strength :mrgreen:

Ladies Night happened. That's all there is to say except that I did get in a good strength workout and kept NEAT up.

• vkrenz
    Options
    Check in January 15

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31, doing well
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day Good!
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day Good!
    4. Exercise every day YES!
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks Good!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend
  • taylok23
    Options
    Yesterday was no bueno for me as well. I had a bento box at lunch with more carbs than I would have liked but at least the portions were small. Then at dinner, more carbs slipped in and I totally overate. Oh well, I got over myself and moved on today. Stuck to all carnivore at lunch and will go light for dinner.
  • baconslave
    Options
    weekend bump!
This discussion has been closed.