Jumpstart January 2020 Challenge!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I'm still at it! I'll hit the gym this afternoon. a2jygzmgt5pn.jpeg
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    @Sabine_Stroehm -- Congratulations!!
    I don't know what I am looking at, but seems you've 'hit the mark' every day! :smiley:
    Is the image from an app tracker of sorts? ...is interesting.
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    January 27:
    Good morning!
    My once a week weigh-in is on Fridays. Jumped on scale at home (linked to MFP)- gained 1.1lb. A few hours later I weighed in at work ('Accountability Weigh-In' between a few girls I work with)- lost 1lb. The scale info didn't matter because the clothes I put on for the day said it all! A favorite hoodie I had not worn in a while fit loosely, previously it hugged my body.
    Weekend: Saturday I had one meal early afternoon at a favorite restaurant. Tortilla chips, guacamole, beef quesadillas, charro beans, & a frozen margarita. Food portions were small. I know I went well past my daily food goals, no worries, I already had the remaining weekend planned out. Unfortunately, the margarita was not my friend as I developed a headache later which dampened Saturday night.
    Sunday was productive. Prepared some keto-style meals for the next few days, using my new (unexpectedly tiny) food scale. That thing is smaller than my iPad! Finished laundry & other household chores.

Goals to Habit:
    • Workout: I really need to get it together on this! There are no excuses. Honestly, I should be able to get 5-6 workouts in a week. Why am I stalling?
    • Log Foods Daily: This I need to stick with for at least a year... until portion sizes are ingrained in my brain. I definitely over eat, even with the good-for-me foods.
    • Tan: Yeah-- this is a ridiculous goal, BUT I have several events later this year and want to add a little "glow" to my progress. A temporary vanity goal- 3 times a week.

Good start to a Monday morning. ;)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Day 24-26:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day) o:)
    Do the planned workouts every day o:)
    Get 10K steps a day >:)

I did good, though not super diligent about tracking, and not walking much at all. Had a very relaxing Saturday including a coffee date with hubs, which was cool!!!
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    I'm still at it! I'll hit the gym this afternoon. a2jygzmgt5pn.jpeg

Great job closing your activity rings! Your an inspiration! I wish my rings looked like yours. I need to put forth more effort into myself, before it gets to hot here
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Glad this is the last week of the challenge because I’ve come to the realization that ad libitum does not work for me for a weight loss tool as I’m terrible at listening to my body. I seem to be able to maintain but have not been able to break the cycle of eating when I’m not hungry or eating far more than I need to be satisfied. So next week, I’ll be back to tracking for accountability purposes to shed a few pounds (targeting 10 but 17 would be awesome). Hey, at least I confirmed something this month I already suspected.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Check in for Friday 1/24- did good, low calorie and low carb and scale is looking real good.

Not so good for 1/25 and 1/26. We had family Christmas at my house which was a grazing of all kinds of different foods. I did track so calories weren't so bad but carbs were. Sunday, I had left overs and I was so tired from all the hullaballoo on Saturday I didn't even log in my afternoon. Scale not so happy with me.

I plan to do very very well the rest of this week to see if the scale will reflect getting rid of the excess water weight I've likely accumulated from taking in so many carbs. That's what I'm hoping anyway, guess we'll see.

This is my last "holiday" for awhile until the March birthdays celebration so I'll have no excuses until then.

Only a hand full of days until we can start fresh with another challenge.
  • tcunbeliever
    Day 27:
    Do the planned workouts every day >:)
    Get 10K steps a day o:)

I skipped working out...just lack of time in the schedule since I was home late and super hungry...technically it's a rest day anyway, I just usually yoga and pilates...the studio is closed since the instructor is in Hawaii, so just sat around and was lazy.

I have set my food goals to my Feb cut values...I've decided to call it "Shreduary" so I can get shredded - or that's the hope!!! Ill take the last few days of the month to transition and hopefully start Feb already with the lower food values established.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    taylok23 wrote: »
    Glad this is the last week of the challenge because I’ve come to the realization that ad libitum does not work for me for a weight loss tool as I’m terrible at listening to my body. I seem to be able to maintain but have not been able to break the cycle of eating when I’m not hungry or eating far more than I need to be satisfied. So next week, I’ll be back to tracking for accountability purposes to shed a few pounds (targeting 10 but 17 would be awesome). Hey, at least I confirmed something this month I already suspected.

Chasing the silver lining! A lesson learned or insight discovered is always great.

Re: ad libitum. Some of us just can't do it. Personally, my signals sometimes do come, but by the time they do it's already WAY far past what is actually "enough" if you know what I mean. The plus side is that you know how to maintain now for sure. So once you get past shedding what you want, you already know what to do. Figuring out how to maintain is sometimes harder for some. So positive #2, you discovered a maintenance game plan. Now if we can just figure out how to thwart the Saboteur in our lives. :smirk:
  • baconslave

Jan 27
    on-plan cals: lower day :mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: lower carbs :mrgreen:
    workout: 1/6, cardio :mrgreen:
    NEAT: :mrgreen:

Not a lot to say, did the Dredmill for cardio, walked briskly for an hour listening to an audiobook. Today is strength. I'll just be cruising along a 18-20lb dumbbells depending we'll see if later in the week I can up the weight a hair but that will wait until Thursday.

• taylok23
    @tcunbeliever, LOVE the Shreduary! I’m officially adopting it, right after the super bowl, that is.
  • vkrenz
    Check in for January 27

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31. good news, I'm quickly losing the "water weight" from the weekend
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day way under
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day way under
    4. Exercise every day, did a short 1 mile walk on treadmill, very busy day at work
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks. Good planning

Only a few days to go for this month! I'm excited to start a new month of challenges.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    Day 28
    🤦🏼‍♀️ this past week has been mentally exhausting. I’ve neglected to take care of myself amid all the chaos. I found myself craving sugar and junk food. I’m so ready for February, hoping it will be a better month in general. Gonna get my thyroid checked. Stress is through the roof which causes me to binge. 😬 I’m just to sensitive to my surroundings. This is usually the time of year were the energy picks up and it starts gettin Warmer. I’m not ready for warmer weather... ugggh
    Ill be back in a couple days for final weigh in and update. I think I’ve plateaued, which is a new thing I’ve got to figure out. Should be easy, eat right, drink lots of water, get some exercise, scale goes down. Yeah, no.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    @Sabine_Stroehm -- Congratulations!!
    I don't know what I am looking at, but seems you've 'hit the mark' every day! :smiley:
    Is the image from an app tracker of sorts? ...is interesting.

It's the Apple Watch, yeah. You set goals. You get "progress" toward closing rings for standing (for 12 hours), exercising (at least 30 minutes), and moving (burning at least 500 calories moving).
  • tcunbeliever
    Day 28:
    Do the planned workouts every day >:)
    Get 10K steps a day o:)

Went out with friends and had wine and ice cream for dinner...which was a better choice than pasta and wine and ice cream...but still, I definitely need these days at the end of the month to ease into my shred because I do love to eat...and no working out just because I got home from the event late, and what little time I had at "home" before going was spent going by the mechanics and paying them so we could get the truck back...errands and some time with friends, not the end of the world...maybe I can double up tonight???
  • baconslave

Jan 28
    on-plan cals: higher day :mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: higher carbs :mrgreen:
    workout: 2/6, strength :mrgreen:
    NEAT: >:)

Constant random horsecrappery happened throughout the day so I missed my hourly Nagbit goals quite a bit. I did move around but I can't say how much. I still need to do more. Unfortunately, me doing my "job" better and more thoroughly (schooling the kids) often means more instruction and more sitting with them. I'll do fine today as I have to work the Wed night program at church. A solid 3.5 hours on my feet.

I'm feeling fat. Which is par for the time of the month it is but I REALLY don't like it. I need to get on the scale, which I'm not likely to do until that garbage is over. It's possible I need to reevaluate my protocol. I did just turn 41 and though it sounds ridiculous, when I turned 40 a switch flipped and a lot of changes happened and it's doing it again at 41. Last year it included after-40 old lady skin :angry: , this year it's a slightly receding hairline and increased peri symptoms. :rage: Could be that with it is also decreasing of calorie needs. We shall see. I've gone back to "loss protocol" this week. And maybe by Saturday I can weigh. We'll work on a Shreduary for me as well. :neutral: Anywhichway that it falls, tweaks must be made.

• tcunbeliever
    I found DIM helpful with dealing with the belly gain and some other peri symptoms...I'm currently off of it, but if I start up again with the flashes and such then I'll go back on.
  • vkrenz
    So sorry to hear about woman's issues tripping you up. I do not miss those days at all. I'm quite a bit older than 41.

Check in for Jan. 28

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31. great news, I have lost all the weight from get together this past weekend
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day, very, very under b/c I want so much to meet goal
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 under also
    4. Exercise every day, no treadmill, too many meetings at work
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks. did good.

Stay strong for the last few days of January, that's my plan....
  • taylok23
    I want to finish the week strong! I’ve tracked the last couple of days which makes me more aware of the amount I want to eat versus what will likely satisfy me. Fasting this month has been a piece of cake so while I won’t focus on it as much I’ll keep it up. Water consumption is getting better but today required more caffeine to get through work. Where did the month go? While I wasn’t as mindful I would have liked it was great checking in here regularly and feeling inspired by everyone else. Looking forward to February!
  • vkrenz
    Check in for Jan 29

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31. SUCCESS!! I am so excited the scale is moving again. I wonder if it has anything to do with going over calorie and carb goals for 2 days then getting back to it? Does anyone have a thought about this?

2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day, well under
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 under goal
    4. Exercise every day, treadmill uphill for 2 miles
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks. Good planning, brownies at our Wed night bible study and I didn't have one.

I'm ready to be done with January and have a fresh start for February. I am buying myself a pair of running shoes to celebrate meeting weight loss goal.
This discussion has been closed.