TEAM: Gutbusters (January)

Options

Replies

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sorry missed my weigh in, I've been sick and getting back to feeling normal.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hey team,

I wanted to let you all know that I'll be stepping back from the role of captain of this fine fitness family at the end of the month. If you are interested in serving the team in this capacity, please let me know.

Here is a list of the suggested responsibilities of the captain:

Spreadsheet: Entering in Teammates weights on the spreadsheet in a timely manner (preferably daily)

Motivation: Checking in daily to cheer on teammates who are succeeding and give a helping word to those who are struggling. Teams are more interactive when they are being tagged and talked with - and the more active the team, the more weight they collectively lose.

Mini-Challenges (this can be the role of the co-captain): This can be in the form of a weekly (or monthly) challenge for your team OR in the form of daily questions, video posts, etc.; anything that gets your team chatting and coming back for more.

Thanks!!
    Bonnie

Bonnie,
    Thanks for you your hard work and all of your inspiration.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Audreypawdrey
    Jan 20 Week 3
    PW: 140
    CW: 136.2

I am so glad it is dropping!

WOW, that is a HUGE drop! 2.7%!!! What did you do this week?
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @audreypawdrey, remarkable!! Congrats! :star:

@looneycatblue, awesome loss!! Congrats! :star:

@matthewsfive, feel better soon! :heart:

@lacatgirl, nice loss! :star: Hope you feel better very soon! :heart:

@66Pinkie, nice loss!! :star:
  • audreypawdrey
    audreypawdrey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is a long explanation! @BonnieHosk85 @looneycatblue
    Long Story:
    I was out of town traveling to see family and to a conference in Puerto Rico from Saturday, Dec. 28, to Sunday, Jan. 12. I had five days at my MIL’s house, and she cooks really good, old-school Southern food with heavy cream and butter. I am pretty sure there was a block of cream cheese in the mashed potato casserole that I ate for five different meals. I didn’t think about that until AFTER I ate so much of it. While I was in Puerto Rico, I had alcohol every day for five days, and I had not had any for about six months prior. I did try to eat sensibly, but it was a buffet style meal for a lot of the food at the conference. I think there was a lot of sodium in the food.
    I flew from Puerto Rico to Atlanta on Saturday and then to Denver on Sunday. I went from 0 ft. elevation to about 5,300 ft.. I have heard that you retain water when flying. I also went from a humid climate to a high desert climate and was so dehydrated on Monday upon return to Colorado.

Last week, I ate at home and had control over my meals. I ate 1200-1500 calories a day, and I haven’t had any alcohol since Jan. 10. I drank at least 64 oz. water a day.

Exercise:
    Monday: yoga with weights (60 minutes) and 3.15 mile walk
    Tuesday: Buti yoga (60 minutes) and 3.15 mile walk
    Wednesday: 4 mile walk
    Thursday: Morning yoga (60 minutes at 6:00 am) and first CrossFit class(!)-60 minutes
    3.15 mile walk
    Friday-
    Yoga-60 minutes
    3.15 mile walk
    Saturday: 1.5 mile walk and clean
    Sunday: cleaning house and rearranging
    (10 hours of exercise between Monday and Friday)

Short Story:
    Weight gain:
    Flying, alcohol, and sodium heavy foods caused water retention and a 2-3 lb. inflation of weight for weigh in last Monday, maybe more
    I also started my period on Monday when I weighed in last week!
    (hopefully more water weight will come off this week!)
    Weight Loss:
    10 hours of exercise this week (M-F)
    1200-1500 calories a day
    No alcohol
    Stopped period
    No travel

My weight averages for the last six weeks were
    12/2-8- 134.3
    12/9-15: 131.9
    12/16-22: 131.7
    12/23-29:133.3
    12/30-1/12: didn’t have a scale
    1/13-19-137.1
    I weighed 140 on 1/13 upon my return from 15 days of travel. I honestly don’t think I ate enough for a 6 lb. gain in two weeks. I skipped some meals, and I ate healthy for some meals that I had more control over.

It has unfortunately gone up since before Christmas, but I am hoping I can lose 4 lbs. over the next four weeks to get back down to 132.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 2 WINNER Readyornot1234. - 4.28%
    drp1gpnsxy5t.jpg

AND TO FLAB-U-LESS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 2!!

January Week 2 is now in the books!

January is a month where motivation is high with the New Year and it definitely shows this week! We are down 124.3 lbs across all teams which is AMAZING!! So many individuals dropping 2% or more this week, which is super! Awesome job everyone!! Let's take that momentum into Week 3!!

Below are the full results for Week 2.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - Readyornot1234. - 4.28%
    2nd - petrocoetsee. - 3.42%
    3rd - Kayla7303. - 2.56%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Flab-U-Less. - 0.71%
    2nd - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.65%
    3rd - Run Track Minds. - 0.51%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - petrocoetsee. - 3.42%
    2nd - thedestar. - 1.68%
    3rd - gboles79. - 1.34%

The Slimsons
    1st - rissahm139. - 2.28%
    2nd - aprillacey2. - 1.94%
    3rd - Mss9675. - 1.64%

Gutbusters :heart:
    1st - @zengen09. - 2.30% :star:
    2nd - @corriepelc. - 2.01% :star:
    3rd - @Tickie99. - 1.48% :star:

Run Track Minds
    1st - Rozbee1. - 2.55%
    2nd - kyoung1908. - 2.50%
    3rd - AmyG1982. - 2.09%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - Readyornot1234. - 4.28%
    2nd - Kayla7303. - 2.56%
    3rd - mrsjar5311. - 2.09%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - petrocoetsee. - 6.8 lbs.
    2nd - kyoung1908. - 5.6 lbs.
    3rd - @zengen09. - 5.6 lbs. :star:

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 34.7 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 14.7 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 13.0 lbs. :star:
    Run Track Minds - 19.9 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 42.0 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 124.3 lbs
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @audreypawdrey, so many factors determine whether we're up or down on the scale!! So glad you had a great time!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Walking dogs 41 minutes, 1.29 miles; recumbent bike 10 minutes, 1.88 miles; circuits at PF for 30 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hey team,

I wanted to let you all know that I'll be stepping back from the role of captain of this fine fitness family at the end of the month. If you are interested in serving the team in this capacity, please let me know.

Here is a list of the suggested responsibilities of the captain:

Spreadsheet: Entering in Teammates weights on the spreadsheet in a timely manner (preferably daily)

Motivation: Checking in daily to cheer on teammates who are succeeding and give a helping word to those who are struggling. Teams are more interactive when they are being tagged and talked with - and the more active the team, the more weight they collectively lose.

Mini-Challenges (this can be the role of the co-captain): This can be in the form of a weekly (or monthly) challenge for your team OR in the form of daily questions, video posts, etc.; anything that gets your team chatting and coming back for more.

Thanks!!
    Bonnie
    I’m so sorry to hear you’re stepping down. Hope and pray all is well. You were the captain when I started my journey at over 270 lbs and now in my 250’s and trying to break that. 😔.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    All is well, @Kenyaa3. So proud of how far you've come!! <3
  • audreypawdrey
    audreypawdrey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 I will miss you as the leader! You have been an inspiration to me along the way, and I have appreciated your support so much on this journey! Thank you for all that you have done!
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Jan 20
    Exercise? Does running my mouth count? :smile: if not, then no
    Calories? No
    Tracking? No

We have officially finished up celebrating the birthday boys 9th birthday weekend. Between snowtubing, skating, and waterparking, we have been busy and I have not been to the gym. I went to the Nike Outlet looking for comfortable shoes, I also found some exercise pants, they are a tid bit small but that's how I wanted them. I have really got to get my head back in this. So tonight, I had pizza, Reeses, blow pops, and some dipping dots. This weekend is OVER.

I have got to start all over. This is where my black and white comes into play and no gray area. I have to tell myself it's ok to have had this weekend and having this weekend doesn't have to define me or even means that I am a failure to myself. I am working on that.

I have a date tomorrow with the gym. I am looking forward to it. And classes start again tomorrow! Here's to English Comp II and Developmental Psychology and another semester starting!
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Metubal
    January 20, Week 3
    PW: 180.3
    CW: 178.6
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 It’s so sad that you are going.Your support meant a lot for us.I will miss you.My weight loss is not happening.This group and you leaders are great tolerating me.I am all willing and doing.I pray for your success and wish you good luck.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    January 21
    Exercised? No
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Thanks for your kind words, @fe452436 and @audreypawdrey. :heart:

Today we’re looking for a weigh-in from:
    @Kenyaa3
    @shalvy2007
    @sparklydragons - excellent loss! Congrats! :star:
    @tuddy315

Please post using this template:
    Username
    January Week 3
    PW:
    CW:
  • BonnieHosk85