2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Who put all that cheese on my pizza? I asked for light cheese and extra pepperoni. So says White Cat.

Yeah, gotta have sausage and pepperoni (and onions).
  • mdubbs1
    edited September 2020
    My Fitbit stopped syncing a few days ago. I read online a number of people had the same problem. I’m kicking myself I didn’t buy the extended warranty. I tried all user suggestions and spent an hour on chat with the help desk worked. I bought it in February so I’m bummed that it failed so soon.

Well, that's a PITA all right! We never buy extended warranties so I don't know whether they are a big help or not.

I've been having some issues with my Kindle Fire (tablet) and suddenly when I go to Amazon what's on the home page but a big blurb about trading in and upgrading your Fire tablet. Coincidence? I think not!
  • mdubbs1
    I'm trusting we'll know when we should use the stockpile (it's annoying having all that food and stuff around but I don't think the worst is over). I'm also trusting that when/if there's a vaccine we'll know when it's safe to get. Maybe that's a lot of trusting going on there but otherwise I'd just be fretting.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Maryanne, that’s great how close to your goal you are. I always found fall. Cooler temperatures put me more in the mood to move.
  • mdubbs1
    edited September 2020
    I want spaghetti so bad and I've been wanting it for weeks!! I'm thinking I'll let myself have it after my cardiologist appointment in 2 weeks.

I started taking cough meds yesterday. I have my annual CT scan of the lungs tomorrow and Wednesday morning a dentist appointment. It's such a horrible time in history to have a chronic cough. I don't want to scare anyone but neither do I intend to say "yes I have a cough" and trust that they'll believe me that I've had it for years.
  • Helene610
    I hope the cough meds help control the cough during your appointments. I know I feel guilty if I’m out and about and I get a stray tickle or a sneeze. You feel like people are wondering if you’re contagious for Covid. I usually say it’s allergies to calm people’s anxiety. You could try that even if it’s not. You know it’s nothing and you’d be setting their mind at ease without a lengthy explanation.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Maryanne--That is one very impressive ticket. You are so dedicated!

Helene--Did the postings say anything about the firmware update that was done affecting it? I have had mine a year this month with no problems

If I would believe the scale this morning, I have lost half of my quarantine gain. I had the senior version "high dose" of the flu vaccine on Saturday. It has 4 times the antigens of the regular vaccine, so the effects might be more intense. I vegetated all day yesterday.
  • Helene610
    I get a message that the system is busy or the device isn’t attached. Yet when I put the charger and tracker by the IPad, I get a message that it’s found. So I’m stuck in a loop that keeps telling me to try again. After so many tries, I quit.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    We are going to a beach here in Texas next Saturday for 6 days, so I am waiting until I get home to get my flu shot in case I have a reaction to it. I usually don’t but I plan to ask for the high dose version this year and don’t know how I may react to that. I don’t want to take a chance on not feeling well during our trip so I will wait.

I’m planning to wait on a COVID 19 vaccine until I get advice from a friend. Her son in law works directly under Dr. Fauci and oversees the vaccine trials. He advised her to let him know which vaccine their doctor plans to use before getting it and that he will advise whether it’s a good choice or if there might be a better one. She promised to pass along his recommendation when they get to that point.

• mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I’m planning to wait on a COVID 19 vaccine until I get advice from a friend. Her son in law works directly under Dr. Fauci and oversees the vaccine trials. He advised her to let him know which vaccine their doctor plans to use before getting it and that he will advise whether it’s a good choice or if there might be a better one. She promised to pass along his recommendation when they get to that point.

Cool! I talked to a friend tonight who said she expects she'll know when to get vaccinated by watching Dr. Fauci's statements.

(She's also going to get a flu vaccine this year which is HUGE for her. She needs it very much but never gets it.)
  • KonaKat
    Pam--I am looking forward to your COVID 19 vaccine. I'm sure it won't be the one that is expected to be ready 2 days before some important event.

I just finished 65 active minutes. Now, I have to do something in the house. The motivation is not there.
  • Helene610
    I’ve gotten the higher dose flu vaccine before and didn’t notice any difference in my reaction. We’re holding off until early October. I saw a news report that the vaccine is good for about six months. If I get mine in October, it should protect me through March. By then, the worst of flu season is usually passed. I’d be interested in what information your friend passes along. I plan to get a Covid vaccination but I’d like to get the best if possible. It may depend on which one becomes available in my area though.

I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing vacation at the beach. I’m picking up a friend for lunch. We’re going to a nice restaurant that has a lovely outdoor patio. She asked if I wanted to go to a women’s club luncheon next week. I decided I wasn’t ready to do that so I’m doing this instead. I don’t know if she decided to go. I’ll find out at lunch.
  • mdubbs1
    d7detcw7qe83.png
  • mdubbs1
    Medical people are an even worse waster of my time than before. Get your act together people!!!!
  • Helene610
    Those poor kids In Baltimore who can’t access online. It’s a disgrace for sure. They really are being shortchanged.
  • KonaKat
    Many school districts here are outfitting busses to be hotspots and will park in areas having difficulty with internet access. From what I heard, our first day went well.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Many school districts here are outfitting busses to be hotspots and will park in areas having difficulty with internet access. From what I heard, our first day went well.

I read that and thought "brilliant; American ingenuity at work, finally!". There are plans to do that in parts of Maryland but apparently it won't be up and running any time soon.
  • mdubbs1
    edited September 2020
    Those poor kids In Baltimore who can’t access online. It’s a disgrace for sure. They really are being shortchanged.

And then there's the problem of homes with only one computer and parents trying to work while children try to attend virtual school. What a cluster......

I hadn't even thought about that until I read this piece: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lockdown-parenting-child-coronavirus_n_5f4e8e2ec5b6250f655bc538