2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I don't worry too much over things I have no control. Let's face it; the orange cheeto is an expert in all fields. If I ever have knee surgery, I may have him to do it. NOT!!!!!

I did my hour of exercise, and my car was picked up to be detailed. Isn't that an exciting day?
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    hknymdc2q24e.png
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I don't worry too much over things I have no control. Let's face it; the orange cheeto is an expert in all fields. If I ever have knee surgery, I may have him to do it. NOT!!!!!

That's a great approach. I need to work on that!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Every time I hear another one of his outrageous claims, I think what planet does the Cheeto live on? Stephen Colbert talked about the town hall in Philly with the undecided voters. He expressed disbelief that there could be any undecided voters left. When you think about it, how could anyone not know whether or not they thought he deserved a second term or not.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Ruth Badger Ginsburg passed today. I’m afraid tRump and his buddy Moscow Mitch will ram through another poorly qualified conservative justice before January, even if he loses the election. So hypocritical, considering he refused to even hold hearings for Neil Gorsuch for 11 months, saying the next president should get to make the appointment.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Ruth Badger Ginsburg passed today. I’m afraid tRump and his buddy Moscow Mitch will ram through another poorly qualified conservative justice before January, even if he loses the election. So hypocritical, considering he refused to even hold hearings for Neil Gorsuch for 11 months, saying the next president should get to make the appointment.

That is sad on so many levels. She was such a trailblazer. I've been such a fan. I know she was trying to hang on until after the election. What the h____ else can happen???? I'm afraid to ask.

I've got to dig out my RBG tshirt.

Mitch has ALREADY said that the cheeto's nominee will get a vote. So much for the Merrick Garland "precedent".
  • Helene610
    What hypocrites. Trump should have to follow the same rules as they put Obama through regarding nominees for Supreme Court. RGB was a tower of strength. I’m so sorry that she’s gone. If only she’d made it into 2021.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Sad times as the democracy fades into non-existence. Will more of "Do as I say, not as the Constitution says" continue?

I got in 5 days of 60 min each of exercise this week. I had a Wendy's half-size apple pecan salad for lunch.
  • mdubbs1
    Sad times as the democracy fades into non-existence. Will more of "Do as I say, not as the Constitution says" continue?

The stakes for this election couldn't be any higher.
  • mdubbs1
    Wearing my RBG shirt....
  • mdubbs1
    I got in 5 days of 60 min each of exercise this week. I had a Wendy's half-size apple pecan salad for lunch.

WAY TO GO!!!!!!
  • mdubbs1

I read that. I'm thinking we've got at least a year (more) of this so we might as well hunker down.
  • Helene610
    Fortunately, we don’t mind staying home that much. We’ve gone out to lunch every couple of weeks but only at places with outside seating and social distancing. There was a case in MA where a high school student came to school the first day even though he had a positive Covid test a few days before. He and his parents knew he was positive but they let him go to school anyway. About 20 students/staff that had contact are getting tested and have to quarantine. I hope they make him do the rest of the year remotely after he willfully put others in danger. Maybe if there was a serious consequence, people would think before being so irresponsible.
  • PamS53
    edited September 2020
    My cousin’s 37 year old son was hospitalized Friday with COVID. They also have found a mass in his lungs and are unsure if it’s related to the virus or something else. He will be having a lung biopsy this afternoon. Because he is COVID positive, his surgery has to be the last of the day, I assume due to the need for additional time for deep cleaning the surgery suite afterward. He was not a smoker, so a mass in the lungs was a big surprise. He’s been sick for a couple of weeks but finally was having so much difficulty breathing that he went to the doctor on Thursday. They did several tests and sent him home with antibiotics. On Friday they called him and told him to come into the doctor’s office and to bring his wife. When he got there, his oxygen level was at 80 and the doctor told him they were calling an ambulance to transport him the 60 miles to the nearest hospital that could treat him. He’s lost 17 pounds in the past 2 weeks due to the illness. They don’t know where he might have gotten it, but both of his stepsons had mild cases and have recovered, so that is the most likely source.
  • mdubbs1
    Oh, Pam, that's terrible! I hope they can save him!

• mdubbs1
    I wonder if more people would take this seriously if they started reporting not just deaths but numbers of ongoing disabilities. That "side effect" seems to be horribly underreported.
  • Helene610
    Pam, I’m so sorry for what your family is going through. Have you heard anything more about the surgery? I hope he has the strength to survive this.
  • PamS53
    He was discharged today to self quarantine at home while he recovers. No doctor at the hospital was willing to perform the biopsy while he is positive for COVID 19, so that will have to wait. Apparently he has stabilized and is breathing better or they wouldn’t have discharged him.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    He was discharged today to self quarantine at home while he recovers. No doctor at the hospital was willing to perform the biopsy while he is positive for COVID 19, so that will have to wait. Apparently he has stabilized and is breathing better or they wouldn’t have discharged him.

I guess that's not surprising but boy, that leaves him on tenderhooks, waiting for a diagnosis. I get tied up in knots every year just waiting for my CT scan results on my lung masses, even knowing they've been unchanged for years.