2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    lqixwqzjpifk.png

Maryanne--This Type A person really appreciated this.

Doing laundry; isn't that exciting?

I guess I will listen to the Governor again today. His talks are interesting sometimes.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    My Amazon package tracking says it’s at the PO today. I ordered it Friday so if it’s really there, that’s good service. CVS has called a couple times to say my prescription is ready. I called it in 10 days ago, went there 3 times and was told they were running 6 days behind. I don’t blame the staff. There’s not enough of them. But the backlog is ridiculous. So I’ll see if it’s really there today.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    I bought some Jenny Craig food on ebay from a woman in a Maryland town I'd never heard of. I looked it up at the map and whoa, Maryland goes way farther south down there at the tip than I ever had any reason to notice. LOL!

Two more packages now marked "undeliverable" on amazon. Another very, very late one arrived today and it's regular, not diet, root beer. DH says he'll drink it. My NS package is who knows where.

T shirt ordered on amazon not arriving. I'd ordered from these people before. Didn't arrive. They issued a refund. It did then arrive. I emailed and asked them how I could get their money back to them. I offered a paypal payment. They said "order another shirt". I assumed I'd order it and they wouldn't ship it (otherwise, how is that getting their money back to them?) But apparently they did ship, now that one hasn't arrived, and they are talking about doing another refund. Methinks these folks are just too stupid to be in business.

• Helene610
    My prescription was finally available at CVS. I went to Walgreens for my flu shot. CVS requires appointments and you can’t socially distance in the area they use for vaccines. It’s right next to prescription pick up, separate only by a folding screen. Walgreen was taking walk ins and has a separate room for vaccinations. When I was in CVS, I heard them tell a man it would be several days before he could get an appointment. I’m getting fed up with my local CVS. A FB group I belong to was full of complaints about the store. One person was told they had 1200 prescriptions in their backlog. Walgreens is only 5 minutes away, has better parking and better service.
  • Helene610
    BTW, my Amazon package was at the PO. I had signed up for them to put my packages in a package locker. They messed up and I ended up waiting in a long line. I spoke to the clerk. He checked that I’m signed up and apologized for the error. Here’s hoping they do it right next time.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    My prescription was finally available at CVS. I went to Walgreens for my flu shot. CVS requires appointments and you can’t socially distance in the area they use for vaccines. It’s right next to prescription pick up, separate only by a folding screen. Walgreen was taking walk ins and has a separate room for vaccinations. When I was in CVS, I heard them tell a man it would be several days before he could get an appointment. I’m getting fed up with my local CVS. A FB group I belong to was full of complaints about the store. One person was told they had 1200 prescriptions in their backlog. Walgreens is only 5 minutes away, has better parking and better service.

Wow!

I hope to get a flu shot later tonight at the 24 hour grocery store which has a 24 hour pharmacy.

DH is still planning to get his prescriptions mailed from Safeway. I don't think that's a great plan given the current state of the post office.

We have so many choices but I feel so sorry for folks in rural areas that rely on the post office for so many things.
  • Helene610
    There’s probably a lull in the PO back up. Mail in ballots won’t start until next month. Maybe he can get all his prescriptions through before they get jammed up. Tomorrow is our 48 th wedding anniversary. It doesn’t feel nearly that long. I like to tell him I’m extending his contract for another year. Of course, I’ve been telling him that for years.
  • mdubbs1
    There’s probably a lull in the PO back up. Mail in ballots won’t start until next month. Maybe he can get all his prescriptions through before they get jammed up. Tomorrow is our 48 th wedding anniversary. It doesn’t feel nearly that long. I like to tell him I’m extending his contract for another year. Of course, I’ve been telling him that for years.

Happy Anniversary!

2n3b5wlja3lo.png
  • mdubbs1
    edited September 2020
    Got my flu shot about 12:30 last night and then shopped a nearly empty grocery store. I have no clue why this store is open 24/7. The one in the same chain I usually go to, which also has a pharmacy, is not.

I had to wait while the pharmacist was on the phone, probably to medicare or an insurer. I heard him say "3/21/26" and my ears perked up. How often have I had to say "3/21/50" at a pharmacist or doctor? MANY times!

Interesting note: aisles are no longer marked one way.

Shelves are still pretty sparse in many cases. DH has been fretting over scott towels but those seemed pretty well stocked and no limit. There is a limit on kleenex. I wasn't really looking for toilet paper and failed to note if there was a limit on that but I know it seemed well stocked.
  • mdubbs1

On this date in 1972 I had just started student teaching. It was the start of my last semester. In the spring I'd suddenly realized that after student teaching I wouldn't have a whole semester's credits left to take so I had hurriedly signed up for 2 classes and gone to summer school. My roommate and I rented an apartment for a couple months with a few other people. Looking back, I'm sure my parents weren't expecting all that expense that summer but they never said a word. DH was still in Viet Nam.
  • mdubbs1
    A month-long investigation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has found that study participants who tested positive for COVID-19 were roughly twice as likely to have dined at a restaurant within two weeks of the onset of illness than those who tested negative for the virus.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/covid-19-patients-restaurant-dining-study_n_5f5f9b1ec5b6fd3d05277383
  • mdubbs1
    My NS package that went on walkabout from PA to WV is now in Halethorpe MD so I guess that's progress.

Two more amazon packages showing as "undeliverable" and another two showing as "arriving late". I see Amazon is going to add thousands of employees in Maryland. DH's nephew had one of those jobs for awhile and apparently they're awful.
  • mdubbs1
    Trump Blames Biden, Who Isn’t President, For Not Instituting Mask Mandate

“To be clear: I am not currently president,” Biden wrote moments later. “But if you chip in now, we can change that.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-biden-mask-mandate-abc-town-hall_n_5f617ac9c5b68d1b09c9541a
  • mdubbs1
    This is a fun twitter thread started by Lin-Manuel Miranda when his 5-year lost his first tooth:

• mdubbs1
    I want this cat tree:

odcbi9oeqt9t.png
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    My Post Office is very efficient. I have a parcel locker, and when I have a package they put the key to it in my Post Office regular box. If it is too big for the parcel locker, they put a notice to call at the window for the package.

My Amazon deliveries have been on time. In my years I have only had one package to go missing from Amazon delivery. When I was getting NS delivery, I would get the package the day after it was shipped by UPS and then also by FedEx, the one with least reliable delivery. Other vendors, however, have a shaky history with FedEx, especially when shipped from the South.

My Covid-19 screening is done, and I have my flu and pneumonia shots. Now, I just have to have my furnace checked out before it gets really cold.
  • Helene610
    I thought that was a mural of a tree until I saw the cat perched in it. Very cool. DH had his eye exam today. They did the intake interview by cell while he waited in the car. I brought a book to read while he was inside. It went very smoothly. Ran a few errands while we were out.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I just noticed that the sofa in that picture is exactly the one I’m currently occupying in our rented condo at the beach, lol! However, there is no cat tree or cat. We are leaving this morning, and not a moment too soon as we awoke to no A/C.
  • mdubbs1
    Michael Steele, former chair of the Republican National Committee, reached new levels of exasperation after President Donald Trump’s wild news conference on Wednesday.

Trump claimed he’d done a “great job” with the coronavirus pandemic despite the U.S. having the world’s highest death toll and one of the highest per-capita death rates of the industrialized nations.

But Steele said on MSNBC that Trump’s supporters just don’t care.

“I’ve talked to enough of them over the last few days. I’m exhausted, I’m exasperated. You know, at this point, it’s like, save who you can save because there’s only so much you can do. There’s only so much you can say. The fact that we have to literally beg people to wear a mask to save their own dumb *kitten* from getting sick, I’m sorry. To me, it is beyond the imagination.”

Steele also complained about Trump contradicting his own CDC director, Dr. Robert Redfield, who earlier in the day said a possible coronavirus vaccine would not be available to the general public until the second or third quarter of next year, and urged Americans to wear a mask to stop the spread of the infection.

“The CDC director is telling us the truth and Donald Trump is literally lying to us,” Steele said. “And yet, 40 percent of the country looks at it and goes: ‘Yeah, I’m with stupid.’”

Steele said the nation is facing a stark choice in the coming election.

“I don’t know what more you can take before you say you’ve had enough,” he said. “Because, my heavens, this is too much for a country to go through.”

• mdubbs1
    This morning I need to head to the vet to pick up Jack and drop off Sammy. Tomorrow I pick up Sammy. I miss having actual vet appointments but I guess overall that's one of the more minor annoyances.

I decided to break out an audiobook for the trips last week - the most recent Stephanie Plum. Those are usually good for a few laugh out loud moments in the car.