2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Helene, in addition to the anxiety over potentially exposing others, it also messed up the family vacation they had planned. In the end, his wife and one daughter and SIL flew to Aruba on Tuesday, as planned, while he and another daughter and SIL remained here. He was flying to Aruba today to spend the rest of the planned 2 week vacation. I don’t know if the other daughter and SIL joined them or not.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Lucky it wasn’t a one week vacation. Was he able to reschedule travel with an extra charge for canceling original flight ?
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    MD website is showing my presidential election ballot as having been mailed.
  • mdubbs1
    0xsc7wcclidb.png
  • mdubbs1
    d2ypxgmk180a.png
  • mdubbs1
    A rabid trump supporter:

Bickley says that while he’s now “on the top of the food chain,” he remembers the years he spent as a lowly worker, helping make other people millions of dollars. He thinks Trump has that same mentality.

Really? The man who had millions handed to him from two prior generations and learned to walk away from all his debts spent years as a lowly worker or has the mentality of someone who did?

This article's right - there's no reasoning with these people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump--white-men-boat-parade/2020/09/27/dcd7bdd8-fe79-11ea-8d05-9beaaa91c71f_story.html
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Back from Tennessee. It was a wonderful getaway. Five days of no TV. Have no idea what happened in the world but it was wonderful to escape politics, etc. I did sneeze hard on the way back, and now have a very red eye from a blood vessel that burst and spread blood over the eye. I see fine, but it looks interesting.

I did eat reasonably while gone. I will say that Tennessee doesn't appear to be as strict as our state is on social distancing in restaurants and events. Masks are required, but there was no six ft. separation of diners but temperature checks were done in some. Keeping fingers crossed.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I watched the entire debacle, I mean debate, last night. I thought Biden performed a lot better than tRump, if only because he didn’t rise to the constant baiting most of the time. Going forward, I really think the people running the show should mute the mic of the opponent during each person’s time. It’s the only way to effectively allow either person to make their points. I’m so tired of hearing nothing but attacks against each other. I was really hoping to hear what each one intends to do about the issues the country is facing. Hoping for it, but not really expecting it. Chris Wallace is getting creamed for the job he did as moderator, but I honestly don’t think anyone could have reined in tRump without a whip and a chair.
  • mdubbs1
    edited September 2020
    I have to confess there's no way I could have watched the debacle.

Pam - great idea about muting the mikes as long as there isn't anything else there that would pick up the sound.

Piece on microphones: https://prospect.org/politics/how-a-microphone-works-2020-presidential-debates/
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! Here's hoping you didn't bring back anything you didn't plan to.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I forgot about the debates and was watching Netflix. When I switched it off and returned to my channel of choice, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. Disgraceful. I saw enough to turn it off.

I worked today and will also tomorrow.
  • mdubbs1
    Well, we made it to October!! What a long slog this has been with no real end in sight. But we're still alive.
  • Helene610
    I watched the debate and kept hoping it would get better. Chris Wallace did as well as any moderator could have given the non stop talking over each other. I heard on the news that the commission is making changes for next time including being able to mute the mic to stop the interruptions. By in large, Joe kept his cool through most of the attacks. He responded to the attacks on his family but not responding would have been hard for anyone. Joe called him a clown and the next day’s news reported clowns were offended being compared to Donald. 69% of viewers called the debate annoying. I’m in that group. I asked DH a couple of times what time it was so I could see how close to the end we were. I’m sure the VP debate has to be better.
  • mdubbs1
    I would pay good money to see Kamala debate the cheeto.

She'll eat Pence alive; that will be no fun.
  • mdubbs1
    Jim Parsons (Sheldon) and his husband had COVID. In describing their ordeal, he mentions the loss of the ability to taste and says he still gained weight during the lockdown but didn't enjoy it. "Definition of wasted calories". That just struck my funny bone.

www.today.com/health/jim-parsons-reveals-he-husband-had-covid-19-march-t192832
  • mdubbs1
    Jimmy Kimmel on the debate:

“Maybe the most egregious lie Trump told was when he said Joe Biden played more golf than he does,” the host cracked. “Phil Mickelson doesn’t play more golf than he does.”

----

“You know who refuses to condemn white supremacists?” he asked. “White supremacists.”

The host stumbled over the word “supremacists,” then joked: “It’s hard to say. Maybe that’s why he won’t do it.”

---

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jimmy-kimmel-donald-trump-white-supremacists-debate_n_5f75a1d6c5b6374c558979c5
  • mdubbs1
    a9wu6d08a77k.png
  • Helene610
    Just read in Forbes article about a survey done by Cornell. It looked at where most of the misinformation about Covid 19 was coming from. This was a global look, btw. Trump was responsible for 37% of all the misinformation on spreading, controlling, treating, etc. No surprises there.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Just read in Forbes article about a survey done by Cornell. It looked at where most of the misinformation about Covid 19 was coming from. This was a global look, btw. Trump was responsible for 37% of all the misinformation on spreading, controlling, treating, etc. No surprises there.

I saw that on the news. They looked at 38 million articles to come to that conclusion. 38 million!
  • mdubbs1
    Our ballots came in the mail today. We're definitely going to use a drop box and not rely on the mail.

I love Hamilton and I understand veneration for the founding fathers but I'd like to tell them that the fact that our votes don't really matter is just wrong. Here's to getting rid of the electoral college! It's frustrating!