2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    I'm still almost speechless about that stunt he pulled last evening. The history books are not going to be kind....
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    As one of my friends commented, he’s a f’ing moron!
  • mdubbs1
    4xhb1rve0t42.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Pam, I’ll second that. And his message about not being scared of Covid. What an idiot.
  • mdubbs1
    Those pictures of him returning to the white house, gasping for air, are just amazing.
  • mdubbs1
    Washington Post op ed title -

Americans showed Trump compassion. He repaid us with contempt.

Does that sort of sum it up or what?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/10/05/americans-showed-trump-compassion-he-repaid-us-with-contempt/
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I didn't read the article but figured the link itself summed it up without clicking on it.

Our state's positivity rate for yesterday was 1.52%. I am used to wearing a mask all day.
  • mdubbs1
    My favorite CNN commentator rips apart Trumps 85 second video victory lap:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/politics/donald-trump-video-walter-reed/index.html
  • mdubbs1
    baby cheeto's team is now fighting the decision to use plexiglas dividers at the vp debate

I so do not envy biden and harris dealing with these idiots
  • Helene610
    Even my nail salon has plexiglass dividers. And people aren’t yelling at each other. What a bunch of idiots.
  • KonaKat
    Plexiglass dividers are in common use here, even in schools.
  • PamS53
    While I agree that plexiglass dividers may add a level of protection, they won’t prevent droplets from going over the top of them, unless it’s a closed booth. I think their best protection is greater distancing among the debaters and moderator, and enforcing the testing rules beforehand. If someone arrives late, they don’t take the stage until their test result comes back and the one who arrived on time gets uninterrupted time while the late one waits.
  • mdubbs1
    edited October 2020
    PamS53 wrote: »
    While I agree that plexiglass dividers may add a level of protection, they won’t prevent droplets from going over the top of them, unless it’s a closed booth. I think their best protection is greater distancing among the debaters and moderator, and enforcing the testing rules beforehand. If someone arrives late, they don’t take the stage until their test result comes back and the one who arrived on time gets uninterrupted time while the late one waits.

Great ideas! And use the plexiglass because it can't hurt. Add the ability of the moderator to control the microphones.

Or better yet - why not do it virtually?
  • mdubbs1
    uwaooftiha39.png
  • mdubbs1
    o88nfafbvqu2.png
  • KonaKat
    I just want my $1200 but with his Highness frequently changing his mind, the airlines and I are in limbo. You don't make decisions without thoroughly considering the impact.
  • Helene610
    His comments that he wouldn’t be acting on a stimulus until after he was re-elected sounded like a threat to me. Once again, he demonstrates it’s all about him and what he’s going to get out of something. Heaven forbid he’d put the people first.
  • PamS53
    One of the traits of a narcissist is that everything is a transaction. In other words, a mindset of “what’s in it for me” in everything they do. They typically have absolutely no altruism and no empathy. Sound like anyone we know?
  • Helene610
    Absolutely him. I heard a report where he told us all about how his recovery is going. He never commented on how Melania or any of the other people circle who got infected are doing. Certainly strange behavior for a husband.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    One of the traits of a narcissist is that everything is a transaction. In other words, a mindset of “what’s in it for me” in everything they do. They typically have absolutely no altruism and no empathy. Sound like anyone we know?

It definitely does!