2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Hope Hicks tests positive and has symptoms. She was on air force one with the cheeto tuesday.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hope-hicks-tests-positive-coronavirus-trump_n_5f767398c5b6374c558b9a87
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I wish Texas allowed us to drop our absentee ballots in conveniently located drop boxes. Instead, today our Republican governor signed an executive order mandating that each county can only have 1 location where ballots can be hand delivered. Think about how inconvenient that is for people who live in some of our larger cities, people who are disabled, people who have to use public transportation, etc. Blatant voter suppression, in my opinion. Here in my county, the official location is about a 30 minute drive and in a neighborhood that isn’t very good. I used to have to go into that neighborhood often when I worked with juvenile first offenders, because the juvenile detention facilities and courts were around the corner from the elections office. I called the governor’s office and left a message voicing my disapproval, but it will do no good.
  • mdubbs1
    edited October 2020
    Pam - you are so right! And you'll get at most a canned response from the governor's office like I got when I protested mailing applications for ballots instead of mailing ballots.

Even here, although we have two drop boxes in our general area, they are still more than a mile's car ride. No biggie for us but for the folks you mention, it might as well be across the world.

• mdubbs1
    The cheeto and mrs cheeto have tested positive!

If he doesn't get sick, that's a disaster. That will simply reinforce everything he's been preaching and his disciples have been believing!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Just heard on the morning news that Trump and Melania have tested positive for Covid. Maybe that will shake up his followers on the importance of masks and distancing.
  • mdubbs1
    Kellyanne Conway has tested positive. Since she's not regularly going to the white house any more I think that helps them narrow it down to their rose garden event last Saturday. Basically he hosted a super spreader event at taxpayer expense.
  • mdubbs1
    I'm way behind reading magazines for some reason. I pulled out a February 24 people yesterday and read this news:

"The first American patient, an unidentified 60-year old, has died from the coronavirus in China. As of press time, the death toll had increased to 910 people, surpassing the SARS outbreak in 2003."

How little we knew!
  • PamS53
    I read this morning that 3 Republican senators are now testing positive for the virus and must self quarantine. I wonder if that might screw up the rush to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court? Fingers crossed!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    "Whatever will be will be! The future is not ours to tell." Don't ask me what motivated that unless it was Maryanne's quote from the February People magazine.
  • mdubbs1
    edited October 2020
    If the cheeto getting sick will save some lives - and I believe it will - I find I just don't have it in me to care much. Except that, of course, he's taking up medical resources totally unnecessarily.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I read this morning that 3 Republican senators are now testing positive for the virus and must self quarantine. I wonder if that might screw up the rush to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court? Fingers crossed!

From you lips to....

Except I bet mitch will suddenly decide virtual voting isn't so bad after all....
  • mdubbs1
    There is a Lutheran church walking distance from us. They have a school which is operating in person. Now I must confess I was brought up a Lutheran but I think this is appalling. I did a doubletake when I drove by today on my way to feed. There were a ton of very very young children in the fenced yard all wearing orange with several adults standing around. No masks. On my way back I saw what had to have been one of the adults walking his tiny son home. No masks. Why would you gather a whole bunch of adults and young children on a Saturday morning? It looked like they were playing some kind of a game with a ball. Essential???? I think not.
  • mdubbs1
    There are still things to chuckle at. I had to stop at a light near a local ball field. Adult men were playing slow pitch softball. And the pitcher was completely awful......but I guess he was having fun. The stands were almost empty at least.
  • Helene610
    After reading online articles from various sources, I suspect Trump was worse than he let on. In the briefing, reporters asked several times about supplemental oxygen. The doc said he wasn’t currently on oxygen. In response to more questions, he repeated the same comment. The report said should we assume he was on oxygen at some point? That ended the briefing. The former surgeon general said the non approved drug cocktail he got at the White House indicated some seriousness. I haven’t been online since then but isn’t it strange he hasn’t tweeted in over a day? I too have hopes Barrett’s hearing slow down with senators popping up positive. Time will tell.
  • mdubbs1
    That video he tweeted last night? Where they made Walter Reed find him a desk and flags? What a con man!

History books are not going to look kindly on the elected officials who have been so taken in by a flim flam man.
  • PamS53
    One of the side effects of the virus is hair loss. Maybe that rat’s nest on his head will fall out! He’s probably already got a toupee on order.
  • mdubbs1
    One of the side effects of the virus is hair loss. Maybe that rat’s nest on his head will fall out! He’s probably already got a toupee on order.

That would be so funny!
  • Helene610
    Wonder if he’s lost sense of smell and taste?
  • PamS53
    Helene610 wrote: »
    When did he ever have any taste?
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    When did he ever have any taste?

Good one!