2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Dr. Fauci is NOT amused that the cheeto's campaign is running a campaign ad that makes it sound like he's praising the cheeto's efforts:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/anthony-fauci-says-he-didnt-consent-to-trump-ad_n_5f8350bcc5b62f97bac4426f
  • mdubbs1
    DH is watching football. Tuffy's on the couch waiting for me. He's my big baby!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    When they say "this is the new normal," I am taking it quite literally. With mutations possible, I expect at least another year of this. March, Friday the 13th was just the beginning for me. I did hear on the news this morning that our state had the 2nd lowest positivity rate.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Jean, I hope your state stays at those low rates. You must have a large population of people following the guidelines and following the rules. We got our ballots in the mail Friday. We’ll fill them out and drive over to town hall to put them in the lockbox. That way we know they arrived in time and don’t have to depend on the postal service.
  • Helene610
    I just read online that Trump planned to exit Walter Reed acting as if he was frail. Then he was going to rip open his dress shirt to display a Superman t shirt underneath. What a spectacle that would have been. I wonder who talked him out of it. Plenty of funny memes out there with him as Superman. My favorite tweet was that Clark Kent was an alien and a journalist. Good one. Anybody notice that we haven’t had any updates on Melania’s treatment or condition. That speaks volumes about his concern for his wife.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    When they say "this is the new normal," I am taking it quite literally. With mutations possible, I expect at least another year of this. March, Friday the 13th was just the beginning for me. I did hear on the news this morning that our state had the 2nd lowest positivity rate.

Jean - sounds like your state is doing well!
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I just read online that Trump planned to exit Walter Reed acting as if he was frail. Then he was going to rip open his dress shirt to display a Superman t shirt underneath. What a spectacle that would have been. I wonder who talked him out of it. Plenty of funny memes out there with him as Superman. My favorite tweet was that Clark Kent was an alien and a journalist. Good one. Anybody notice that we haven’t had any updates on Melania’s treatment or condition. That speaks volumes about his concern for his wife.

Early on I felt sorry for Melania but I've read enough now to decide she's not worth fretting over.

That superman stunt would have been epic - drug induced thoughts I'm sure.
  • mdubbs1
    edited October 2020
    I wonder how much testing Maryland is doing. I'll have to work on googling that!
  • mdubbs1
    Amy Klobuchar's opening statement today. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NXdV0ZJ0Q
  • mdubbs1
    4woj8ur67mhj.png
  • Helene610
    I wonder how many ballots were already in the phony ballot boxes. And how about the ads that use Dr Fauci’s supposedly saying the President did all he could to manage Covid. I hope he takes them to court if they use the ad again.
  • Helene610
    Google the Lincoln Project Covina ad. It’s priceless.
  • mdubbs1
    I wonder how many ballots were already in the phony ballot boxes. And how about the ads that use Dr Fauci’s supposedly saying the President did all he could to manage Covid. I hope he takes them to court if they use the ad again.

They've managed to fire Fauci up big time. That may be a mistake. Fauci's SO much smarter than all the rest of them put together.
  • mdubbs1
    edited October 2020
    Google the Lincoln Project Covina ad. It’s priceless.

Here's an article about some of their ads.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-lincoln-project-advert-coffins-wall-coronavirus-a9688891.html

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Early voting started in Texas today. I have one friend who is working at one of the locations near me and she advised that the crowds will be less next week, so I am waiting until then to vote. But a friend just texted this to me about a friend’s experience who tried to vote this morning.

Went to euless rec center to early vote this morning. Got there about 8:30. It was closed. They said someone had tested positive. Apparently there were people who'd been there since 5:30 to vote. We were told we couldn't go to the one place in Bedford because they were closed for the same reason and that one place in Hurst was also closed - same reason. About 80% of the people there were black. I came home and called Bedford- it was open even though we'd been told it was closed. Even here, voter suppression

Euless, Hurst and Bedford are nearby suburbs. Here, during early voting, one can vote at any polling location. I had seen on the news that the Euless location was currently closed due to a COVID positive worker but that election officials were trying to get replacement staff so it could open later. There was nothing mentioned about problems at any of the other locations. This is infuriating. I hope it makes the news.
  • mdubbs1
    Drop boxes in our county aren't going to be available until the end of the month. DH decided he'd rather try the mail than risk a long line at the drop boxes so Saturday we filled out our ballots and I drove them directly to the post office to put in the post office outside box. Now I guess I watch online to see if it's been received. Apparently if it's not received by election day we can file a "provisional ballot" in person.

There wasn't actually much on our ballot:

President

Congressman

Judges (vote for 2 and there were only 2)

And a whole bunch of spending bills. I looked at those a lot differently than I might have in a normal year. I think our priorities have to shift because the government just isn't going to have the income.
  • mdubbs1
    "Brace yourself while I paint a picture of a nightmarish future. It’s one in which every American gets to vote without impediment or inconvenience. Where the presidential candidate who gets the most votes actually moves into the Oval Office. Where bills in Congress are debated and then voted on, the side with more votes prevails, then those laws take effect and the public can judge the results.

This is the terrifying political hellscape the Republican Party is determined to prevent. For a party with a dwindling base and a broadly unpopular agenda, there is no more profound threat than democracy."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/10/13/republicans-have-seen-enemy-democracy/
  • Helene610
    I appreciate being able to share political views with all of you. I don’t tend to discuss politics with friends because I don’t wanted to lose friendships over something I can’t change. I once read that you can try to convince one third of a group. The pro group and con group are usually firmly set in their beliefs. Those middle undecided voters are the only ones who will tip the scales. Let’s hope they are leaning in Biden’s direction.