2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    We filled out our ballots yesterday and put them in the Dropbox at town hall. I’m happy to know I was able to vote safely and that my vote will count.

YEAH!!!
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »

I also have a doctor’s appointment this afternoon. For about three days now I’ve been having a sharp, stabbing pain in the back of my head. It comes and goes but is quite painful. I hoped it would resolve itself but after 3 days I don’t see any improvement so I will go and get it checked out. I’m seeing the PA because the doctor was booked up. It’s almost like someone has made a voodoo doll with my face and is randomly sticking a pin in the same spot in the back of my head. I can’t think of anyone I’ve annoyed enough to make a voodoo doll of me, but who knows, lol?

Ouch! Here's hoping they can tell you what's going on!!!!!
  • mdubbs1
    edited October 2020
    deleted for typos

• mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I completed my ballot last night and today I plan to drive to the elections office to turn it in. It’s inconvenient, but I’m willing to do it to ensure that my ballot gets counted. I had planned to go to an early voting site and surrender my mail in ballot so I could vote in person, but learned yesterday that the process to do that is cumbersome and entails a lengthy wait. Since I don’t want to be there any longer than absolutely necessary, I decided to go ahead and use the absentee ballot.

YEAH!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Maryanne, how did the appointment go? I hope it turns out to be something minor. I went to Plymouth today with a friend. She bought a new car last week and wanted to try it out. Plymouth is known as America’s hometown. Another friend took me to Plymouth Rock years ago. You look down on it from a pavilion. It’s surprisingly small and underwhelming for a historic monument. Anyway, we had lunch at a waterfront restaurant. We were in a tent with open sides, overlooking the water. The weather was perfect and nobody was seated near us. It was a very relaxing day and the food was delicious.m
  • mdubbs1
    Rudy Giuliani's daughter pleads for us to vote for Biden:

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/10/rudy-giulianis-daughter-on-voting-for-biden
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    The PA seemed stumped by my symptoms so she elected to have me see the in-house chiropractor who did some adjustments to my neck and showed me some exercises to do to stretch my neck. The dull headache I’ve had all day is better, but I’m still having the sharp stabbing pain in the back of my head. I’ll give it until Monday and if no improvement I’ll go back. If it gets worse I may go to the ER for a workup. My SIL is an RN and she thinks I need a CT scan. She’s a bit of an alarmist, so I’m not sure I agree yet, but if it gets worse I will do it.
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - well, that's disappointing! I live with an alarmist so I know it's hard to resist them. Here's hoping it goes away on its own!
  • mdubbs1
    ee6hl2sb5kh1.png
  • mdubbs1
    ea0q8kdw6ekl.png
  • mdubbs1
    peakowh3pafk.png
  • Helene610
    Pam, I don’t know how I mixed up that you had headaches and pain, not Maryanne. Maybe it’s Covid fatigue. I hope you get an answer or that it goes away.
  • Helene610
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    Rudy Giuliani's daughter pleads for us to vote for Biden:

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/10/rudy-giulianis-daughter-on-voting-for-biden

I read her comments online. Imagine having Rudy as your dad. Undecideds showing be paying attention to those with Republican ties who are saying. We’ve had enough Trump. Character triumphs over bombast.
  • Helene610
    The friend I had lunch with yesterday is someone who shares my political views. We have mutual friends who are very pro Trump. We’re amazed that they can’t see what a terrible job he’s done as president. It was nice to talk to someone who sees the emperor has no clothes. Neither of us discuss politics with those friends. You can’t convince them so why lose a friendship. It’s actually a good example of being able to have a relationship with someone who’s views you don’t agree with. Too bad the politicians can’t grasp that.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Pam--I do hope you find a solution for your headache.

I had one hour of sleep last night from pain. As a result, at 3am, I went online and cancelled the job I had today. I didn't think lack of sleep would work with first grade students.

Our system is moving from a choice of virtual full time or 5 day in-person instruction to virtual or 4 day in-person and one day of home/virtual. This was the plan originally proposed to the Board which turned it down. The one day without students present would give time for more thorough sanitation, etc without students present.

Our state's positivity rate today is 2.9% which is a small increase. Ohio, next door to us, is experiencing a surge so perhaps we are gearing up for the challenge. The state continues to promote free testing to identify carriers, etc.
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - I'm so sorry about the pain!!!
  • mdubbs1
    Baltimore police have confirmed that an unarmed security officer guarding a polling drop box location was the target of a shooting Thursday morning. City police said officers were called around 4:55 a.m. to the 2200 block of Pinewood Avenue to investigate a reported shooting. Officers found a 24-year-old man suffering from gunshot wounds. He was taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
  • mdubbs1
    One of the few new TV shows this fall is called Connecting. I don't know if every episode is the same but the first one was a group of friends on a video call. They'd come and go. Most are quarantined. Then one comes on who is a nurse, who's living apart from her family. She matter of factly updates them on her day. I know that's fictional but I've heard so many real accounts. How can anyone think it's a good idea to risk this? Hospitals are stretched so thin. And we need them to be available for other people. Like what if Pam has to go to the ER??????
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    This morning I was seriously considering going to the ER because I was having almost continuous pain in the back of my head, but then it stopped and I haven’t had any more pains. I’m completely perplexed about what this is and wondering what to do if it returns. Usually it’s much worse at night, but this morning I woke up with the pains.

I don’t know why people are having such a difficult time understanding and/or complying with common sense recommendations like wear a mask, wash your hands, and avoid congregating in groups. I suspect some of it is just quarantine fatigue, but from comments I see and hear, I think some of it is just people being stubborn and stupid. In Dallas county they’ve raised the threat level from orange to red again. which is the highest level of danger. My county, Tarrant, usually follows Dallas by a few days. And our governor just issued an order allowing bars to reopen, subject to approval from county judges who regulate public health issues. My county (a Republican-led county) reopened them while Dallas (a Democratic-led county) ordered bars to remain closed. It will be interesting to see what happens after they’ve been open for awhile.
  • mdubbs1
    Maybe occipital neuralgia? Sounds like it could be hard to diagnose but not too dire in consequences in most cases.