2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Conservative TV Host’s Attempted Smear Of Joe And Hunter Biden Spectacularly Backfires

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/john-cardillo-joe-hunter-biden-photo_n_5f914203c5b62333b24266de
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    If he’s determined to get a Butterball, task him hunting one down. I think it’s probably too early to find them in the stores. They should start showing up in early November. If DH wants another freezer, he should decluttering some of his junk. You already did your part. I had to go to the lab today for bloodwork. I slept late because of fasting and no breakfast. I got to the lab at 10 and was all done in 30 minutes. I treated myself to a Dunkin breakfast sandwich. Since I had it so late, it was probably brunch.
  • mdubbs1
    I think it would be super ironic if I had every other part of thanksgiving dinner, and had cleared out a space in the freezer, and then didn't have a turkey. LOL! I'd roast a chicken if a had to but........

I agree - not another freezer. I'm sure there are some folks that would think there is too much food in this house. That's debatable IMHO. But another freezer? No way in heck.

I think I'm having trouble adjusting to a retired DH who doesn't really know what he wants to get into. He knows what he doesn't want to do - work - but not what he does want to do. Meanwhile between work and CROM and food deliveries, I'm swamped.

Sometimes my mind goes to dark humor. It amuses me, in a very dark sort of way, to imagine someone having to come in and clean out this house if we succumbed to COVID. Between the food and supplies stockpile(s) and DH's clutter, they'd probably be tempted to just use a match.
  • Helene610
    Could you put DH in charge of food delivery? It would lighten your load, give DH something productive to do and let him see how much work it is. Worse thing that could happen is he over or under orders. If he’s under, you have plenty of food in the house. If he’s over, suggest he eith spaces deliveries out or orders less. Either way, it could be a win-win for both of you.
  • mdubbs1
    Lil's husband holding Archie, newest kitten we're going to try to find a home for. He showed up at a barn. One of Lil's friends boards her horse there. The owner wanted him fixed but didn't want to give him up. We couldn't see him living his life at a barn so we pushed.

1e7vyx7432ne.png

• mdubbs1
    Well, the Amazon Fresh driver got sort of close to following instructions to put in the white bin:

4sawfwdfwclg.png
  • mdubbs1
    ji67nrm2k72s.png
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I had a great night of sleep, getting in over 8 hours. The reason? I guess I was tired from driving 447 miles yesterday.

I knew the weather was going to be good yesterday and today, so I had a back up plan in effect if I was not called to work. I went on a driving tour of the mountains by using a combo of interstates and scenic byways (translated to more challenges in driving). I went through the Monongalia National Forest and the George Washington National Forest and experienced the mountains in both my state and that of Virginia.

The leaf color was well past peak but some roads still remained a challenge with their 8 and 9% grades with drive offs for trucks to test their brakes before tackling them. If 8 and 9% grades were not enough, it was combined with the roads having extreme curves serpentine in nature. I wanted to experience it but since I am not fond of those types of roads, I'll pass in the future.

My parents when I was young used to go to Virginia Beach and these roads were the primary way until interstates were built. I honestly didn't remember those roads being that bad. I don't like meeting myself coming on a 9% grade. The interstates also were very scenic but super easy to drive.
  • mdubbs1
    Wow, Jean, that was really adventuresome!

I know we went to Luray Caverns when I was a kid but other than that not a lot of Virginia mountain experience!
  • KonaKat
    Personally, I wouldn't mind getting another stimulus check. My state retirement is fixed and has been for 20 years. I took one of those methods to determine the impact of inflation over that period of time. Basically, it said my state retirement needed to be $1000 more a month to have the same purchasing power it did 20 years ago. Social Security increases are a joke and the cost of living increase here is more than what is given for the national figure. A single income home has to pay the same for repairs as a double income home and possibly more when one of the double income people might have the talent to do part of the repairs. No competition in small town of limited resources results in higher prices.
  • mdubbs1
    edited October 2020
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Could you put DH in charge of food delivery? It would lighten your load, give DH something productive to do and let him see how much work it is. Worse thing that could happen is he over or under orders. If he’s under, you have plenty of food in the house. If he’s over, suggest he eith spaces deliveries out or orders less. Either way, it could be a win-win for both of you.

I'd pay good money to see that! LOL!

I do have things I've asked him to do - like repair the sisal and carpet on the cat trees and declutter the dining room (not the whole house; just the dining room) but nada so far. Apparently me wanting something done is the kiss of death for that project so I've stopped asking.
  • Helene610
    He might take responsibility for getting a Butterball if he really wants one. Tell him you’re going to get whatever brand turkey you can get. You don’t have time to turkey hunt but if he finds one, you’ll cook it. If he actually gets one, you can put the one you get in the extra freezer. And if he doesn’t find one, at least you have a turkey.
  • mdubbs1
    Send DH on a turkey hunt. That just strikes my funny bone!!!
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    t85gi1rk52hq.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - how funny (and sad at the same time).

I guess what's really sad is how many of our fellow citizens seem to be ready to forgive him the lies.
  • KonaKat
    This is odd or funny, or whatever. Earlier today, I posted a reply based upon Pam's great post. I read it, submitted it, checked another site, came back and it was still there as posted. I was getting ready to post another when the phone rang. I came back and the earlier post was gone. There are people who live in a fantasy land but I am not one of them.

Our state's positivity rate for yesterday was 1.90%. The cumulative positivity rate is 2.87%. If we look at surrounding states, the cumulative positivity rate is 6.94 for Virginia; 7.94% for PA;
    4.70% for Ohio; 4.35% for Maryland; and, 5.29% for Kentucky. The cumulative positivity rate is determined by the number of positive test results compared to number tested. In WV, 39.88% of the population has been tested; in MD, 52.1% of the population has been tested. The national average is 38.54%.

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited October 2020
    Last week an article in our newspaper stated that the local positivity rate is 12% and rising. It worries me, but it doesn’t seem as if too many people around here are concerned. People are still going out to restaurants and shopping. Most wear masks, but I see a lot of them pulled down below their noses. I was actually rather shocked when I was at my doctor’s office last week and noticed that the PA was wearing hers that way. You’d think a healthcare professional would know better and do better.

My sister came and stayed with me for a couple of days and I really enjoyed her visit. DH was camping so it gave us a nice opportunity to talk and catch up with other. We did go to a few stores for some shopping as she lives in a small town with few stores, but we were very careful to wear masks, social distance, and use hand sanitizer. We ate all our meals at home, as well. Normally we would have eaten out at least once. That was the first time I had been shopping, other than for groceries, since March.
  • Helene610
    I’ve done some Amazon shopping but no visits to the mall or other stores. I’ve been to the drugstores, a few outdoor cafes and lots of takeout. We make sure tables are socially distanced. So far, so good.
  • mdubbs1
    edited October 2020
    KonaKat wrote: »
    This is odd or funny, or whatever. Earlier today, I posted a reply based upon Pam's great post. I read it, submitted it, checked another site, came back and it was still there as posted. I was getting ready to post another when the phone rang. I came back and the earlier post was gone. There are people who live in a fantasy land but I am not one of them.

Our state's positivity rate for yesterday was 1.90%. The cumulative positivity rate is 2.87%. If we look at surrounding states, the cumulative positivity rate is 6.94 for Virginia; 7.94% for PA;
    4.70% for Ohio; 4.35% for Maryland; and, 5.29% for Kentucky. The cumulative positivity rate is determined by the number of positive test results compared to number tested. In WV, 39.88% of the population has been tested; in MD, 52.1% of the population has been tested. The national average is 38.54%.

Last night there was a period of time when this site wasn't available. I wonder if they are having technical issues.

So far Maryland has been doing halfway decent, knock on wood. I saw a chart that compared the compliance with mask wearing to number of cases and Maryland was at the end toward higher compliance and lower cases.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I’ve done some Amazon shopping but no visits to the mall or other stores. I’ve been to the drugstores, a few outdoor cafes and lots of takeout. We make sure tables are socially distanced. So far, so good.

A couple restaurants here that I drive by had added outdoor tables and now they've removed them. It's getting COLDER!!