2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Last week an article in our newspaper stated that the local positivity rate is 12% and rising. It worries me, but it doesn’t seem as if too many people around here are concerned. People are still going out to restaurants and shopping. Most wear masks, but I see a lot of them pulled down below their noses. I was actually rather shocked when I was at my doctor’s office last week and noticed that the PA was wearing hers that way. You’d think a healthcare professional would know better and do better.

My sister came and stayed with me for a couple of days and I really enjoyed her visit. DH was camping so it gave us a nice opportunity to talk and catch up with other. We did go to a few stores for some shopping as she lives in a small town with few stores, but we were very careful to wear masks, social distance, and use hand sanitizer. We ate all our meals at home, as well. Normally we would have eaten out at least once. That was the first time I had been shopping, other than for groceries, since March.

Sounds like you had fun. My sister and I have spent too much of our lives far apart. She was in California for awhile; then southern New Jersey and now Arizona. It's a real shame!
  • mdubbs1
    7v3vvbogq9t3.png
  • mdubbs1
    I live in t-shirts and I have 3 general types: seasonal, cute cat and message shirts.

My latest shirt?

Underestimate me

That's be fun!
  • mdubbs1
    s6rc2t5l8bkf.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Our’s are still out and they’ve put patio heaters out near the tables. It’s funny because you’re at least 500 miles south of me. I guess we New Englanders are made of tougher stuff.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Our’s are still out and they’ve put patio heaters out near the tables. It’s funny because you’re at least 500 miles south of me. I guess we New Englanders are made of tougher stuff.

We southerners are wusses (sp?).
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Our high temperature today was 64 and I’ve been cold all day, lol!
  • mdubbs1
    zgf1xc257c63.png
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Our high temperature today was 64 and I’ve been cold all day, lol!

Our high tomorrow is supposed to be 64.
  • mdubbs1
  • mdubbs1
    Here's a NY Times headline that work me up:

Covid-19 Live Updates: Some U.S. Hospitals Are Reaching Their Limits

The country has seen a 40 percent increase in the past month in the number of hospitalized Covid-19 patients.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/26/world/covid-19-coronavirus-updates?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

This is where I get really puzzled. The no mask/no stay at home crowd doesn't seem to think about the fact that, even if they or a family member don't get Covid, they or a family member could need a hospital for another reason. And at the rate we're going the hospital isn't going to be an option.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    The no mask/no stay at home crowd believes it is something that can go away easily like a cold or a flu and know someone who had Covid-19 and easily recovered. They don't consider the reality that they can transmit it to a person who does not recover. It is "all about me" and the belief that others are like them. I had heard National Guard Armories, etc. may be converted into emergency hospitals.

My county's positivity rate is 1.27% with the state rate about the same. The percent of people in our state being tested is 39.8%, thanks to the free testing. There wasn't a big turnout for the free testing here. "I don't have any symptoms, so why should I be tested?" seemed to be the belief of many without considering they might be carriers without symptoms.

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Did you know you were supporting Trump?
    (Bloomberg) -- President Donald Trump made fun of Senator Kamala Harris’s laughter, called House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “crazy” and said one of his female interviewers was “crazed,” yet insisted at a Pennsylvania rally on Monday that suburban women will support his re-election.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Did you know you were supporting Trump?
    (Bloomberg) -- President Donald Trump made fun of Senator Kamala Harris’s laughter, called House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “crazy” and said one of his female interviewers was “crazed,” yet insisted at a Pennsylvania rally on Monday that suburban women will support his re-election.

my support? dream on, cheeto, dream on
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    The no mask/no stay at home crowd believes it is something that can go away easily like a cold or a flu and know someone who had Covid-19 and easily recovered. They don't consider the reality that they can transmit it to a person who does not recover. It is "all about me" and the belief that others are like them. I had heard National Guard Armories, etc. may be converted into emergency hospitals.

The governor was preparing to use the convention center as a hospital. I don't recall if it ever had any patients but I'm sure they could bring back the idea if they had to.

• mdubbs1
    Most of the words on the 365 day word calendar I've at least heard. Today? Not so much ---

brummagem

pronounced a little like Mayor Pete's last name

Means not genuine or spurious
  • mdubbs1
    I had a fed ex delivery from walmart yesterday. It was a day late and it came in a uhaul truck. Things are weird out there.
  • mdubbs1
    DH is going to go to the grocery store pharmacy very early tomorrow and I told him to scope out the turkey situation. His first question was "where would I find the turkeys"? LOL!
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    DH is going to go to the grocery store pharmacy very early tomorrow and I told him to scope out the turkey situation. His first question was "where would I find the turkeys"? LOL!

That made me LOL! I can just picture him wandering the aisles looking for a turkey.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Did you have to draw him a map? His grocery store unfamiliarity is hilarious.