2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    It Was Election Day Eve and All Through the House …
    Everyone was pretty much freaking out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/02/opinion/election-day-biden-trump.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

I am....I definitely am....even though I know I can't do a daggone thing.

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Looks like Trump taught that bear his dance moves. I hope your friend wasn’t injured too badly when she ran into the railing. Did anyone come over to help her?
  • mdubbs1
    edited November 2020
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Looks like Trump taught that bear his dance moves. I hope your friend wasn’t injured too badly when she ran into the railing. Did anyone come over to help her?

She thinks all she did was an easily replaced break in the headlight. Her neighbor has offered to check it out. She worries me but I can't fault anyone's independence. She says about all she's doing is going to p/t 3 days a week. Their goal is to get her walking without crutches.
  • mdubbs1
    Before Monday, around 880,000 Marylanders had cast their ballots during early in-person voting, while 1.6 million Marylanders requested mail-in ballots. Of those, 1.3 million have been returned. Almost 90,000 people voted today. That's 2.27 million give or take. There's at least another week for mail-in ballots to be received and of course in person voting tonight yet and tomorrow.

That's a LOT of people! But there are least 4 million registered voters in Maryland so we have a ways to go!

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    In Texas more people have voted early than the total number of votes cast in 2016, and I don’t think that even includes all of the mailed in ballots. I’m hopeful that this means Democratic voters have been energized and represent the bulk of those votes. Typically in Texas Democrats tend to vote early while republicans vote on Election Day, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. They will start counting all of the early and mailed in ballots as of 7:00 AM, so we might have an idea pretty early tomorrow evening which way the votes went. I don’t think anything will be reported until after the polls close, however.
  • Helene610
    mdubbs1 wrote: »

She thinks all she did was an easily replaced break in the headlight. Her neighbor has offered to check it out. She worries me but I can't fault anyone's independence. She says about all she's doing is going to p/t 3 days a week. Their goal is to get her walking without crutches.

Is this the same friend who used to split feeding the cats with you?
  • Helene610
    I just read that the Republican politicians in TX looking to throw out drive thru votes lost. Yea!
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 wrote: »

Is this the same friend who used to split feeding the cats with you?

No, different one.
  • mdubbs1
    I'm trying to distract myself with work and "other".

From Reader's Digest (paraphrased slightly).

Dust to dust. Ashes to ashes.

That's why I don't dust.

It might have been someone I knew.
  • PamS53
    Maryanne, my mother always hated dusting, as do I and my sister. She used to say “Dust will keep forever, if you don’t get it wet” to justify not dusting very often.
  • mdubbs1
    I love organizing. I love decluttering. Both of those have results that last.

Cleaning? Not so much.
  • mdubbs1
    edited November 2020
    "I'm a horse vet. This adorable little guy fell asleep on my feet while I talked to his people."

ahkv5j4b8n13.png
  • mdubbs1
    Well, Halloween's packed up - that went fast. Thanksgiving decorations are out. I still don't have a turkey, though.
  • mdubbs1
    I am extremely disheartened. Never been so disappointed in my fellow Americans.
  • mdubbs1
    Yesterday's thoughts of dog - so apropos -

38f0py5532wh.png
  • mdubbs1
    edited November 2020
    In the congressional district I live in, Kweisi Mfume raised $160,000. His Republican challenger (who doesn't even live in this district and had a campaign photo that could have graced a trashy novel and even her own campaign bus) raised $6 million (from out of state of course). She got 27% of the vote. Money doesn't buy what it used to......thank goodness!

Yep, I'm being a little catty today. But yesterday I had to follow that dang bus, with this huge busty photo of her, way too far in Baltimore before I could pass.
  • PamS53
    I’m disappointed but not surprised that Texas didn’t turn blue. I’ve been watching the coverage all morning and feeling somewhat encouraged for Joe’s chances. I am worried that tRump will find a way to get a court challenge to the Supreme Court, where he and Moscow Mitch have guaranteed his chances. I am very disappointed that McConnell and Miss Lindsay were re-elected.
  • mdubbs1
    A Biden presidency with a republican senate means at least 2 more years of not much getting done. Of course Biden could replace all the no nothing department heads, undo the damage to the environment regulations, things like that, so it wouldn't all be for naught.
  • PamS53
    I wonder if some republican senators would be more willing to work toward compromise under Biden than they were under the current administration? I know it’s a reach, but I can hope and/or dream.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I wonder if some republican senators would be more willing to work toward compromise under Biden than they were under the current administration? I know it’s a reach, but I can hope and/or dream.

They do all seem to have fallen into a nether world where the cheeto ruled and insanity prevailed. Maybe some would come back to the real world. I hope we get to find out because the alternative is 4 more years of the cheeto.

There's SO much I don't get.

I don't get, e.g. how any parent voted for the cheeto. I'm not at all convinced the climate crisis can wait 4 more years. Don't parents care about whether there's a world here for their kids?

I don't get how anyone can forgive the cheeto's sheer cruelty and want to see it inflicted for 4 more years.

And I could go on but I'm beating a dead horse at this point.