2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    Not having heat is just piling on to my already deep list of "just what else can go wrong?"
  • mdubbs1
    Despite President Donald Trump’s brazen negligence in handling the coronavirus, the president actually performed better this year than he did in 2016 in counties with high COVID-19 death rates, according to an internal analysis from Reuters.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I watch a it of election results Tuesday night. I switched to Christmas movies because the alternative was too stressful. I started watching at 5 tonight. I’m heartened that Biden is leading but I won’t relax until it’s over. I’m disappointed about the Senate especially McConnell and Graham winning. One Senate seat in GA will be a January runoff because nobody got 50% of the vote. Perdue is just above 50% but if he drops below 50, that seat could be a runoff too. I’m hoping Biden will be able to work with some of the moderate Republicans if Trump is gone. I think many of them were afraid to cross Trump because of retaliation.
  • mdubbs1
    A lot of truly depressing op-ed pieces in the Post and the Times today.

I've actually been watching Christmas movies. Partly because we haven't seen the fall premiere yet of a lot of shows and partly because they don't take much concentration.

I called the Giant tonight and talked to the meat department. She told me their turkeys were to have come in 3 days ago. Maybe I'll go over in the dark of night early next week and check.

I SO wanted Lindsay Graham gone. What a terrible excuse for a human being.

If those paragraphs don't give you the idea that my thoughts are disjointed........LOL!
  • Helene610
    I felt the same way bout Graham. I’m also thinking I wonder if those who didn’t vote have any regrets with the margins so razor thin? Unless they were seriously ill, I wonder what excuse they told themselves that justified not voting.
  • mdubbs1
    Management company owned by Jared Kushner files to evict hundreds of families as moratoriums expire
  • Helene610
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    Management company owned by Jared Kushner files to evict hundreds of families as moratoriums expire
    Too bad that news wasn’t released last week. The timing was probably part of their game plan.

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Time for a change! As individuals, we must take the responsibility of ensuring that we make the most of each day and control those things we can control....today is National Donut Day!

twd14izlezpa.png
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - that's hilarious!
  • mdubbs1
    I'm not a huge fan of our governor (didn't vote for him either time) but even I have to admit he did a decent job on the coronavirus (except for the election decision).

His latest that I can't quibble with:

GOP Governor Calls Trump’s Premature Victory Remarks ‘A Terrible Mistake’
    Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said the president’s false declaration that he’d won was “outrageous and uncalled for.”

Would be funny if he and Trump both tried to get the 2024 nomination. Please heaven the cheeto will be in jail and bankrupt by 2024.
  • mdubbs1
    Well, the furnace people came for a second time today. We got a supervisor this time who did a bunch of tests. He concluded that it's not safe to use. Not a huge surprise; it's 23 years old. They are sending someone tomorrow to show us options. DH will need to clean out the furnace room. I'm pushing him not to dilly dally on that. It is warm now but that won't last. And I've love to get the new furnace while Lola's still boarding at the vet.
  • Helene610
    Lucky you found out the furnace isn’t safe before you had a fire. Or that it broke down and you had no heat once the weather turned cold.
  • Helene610
    I went to the podiatrist today to have a strip on my toenail removed. It sounds worse than it was. My nail had a curve to it that led to ingrown toenails and infections. The doctor suggested it 3 years ago when I needed treatment. I decided to take my chances and he just cut the ingrown nail and gave me antibiotics. After 3 painful infections, I decided to pull up my big girl pants and get it done. The procedure is a permanent fix. He used a freezing spray on my foot and then gave multiple shots of lidocaine. I felt a twinge or two from the shots but the procedure was painless after that. I won’t be able to get a pedicure until everything is healed up. My naked nails look ugly so I can’t wait. Maybe a pedicure will be a Christmas present to myself.
  • mdubbs1
    Cuddling at home while the storm rages outside (be it the political mess or the pandemic):

s8ak29rbts1r.png
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Lucky you found out the furnace isn’t safe before you had a fire. Or that it broke down and you had no heat once the weather turned cold.

So true! It's actually hot in here tonight. We're lucky it's warm outside.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    4ks5h412kw3r.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - that's too funny!
  • mdubbs1
    fy3fsfmkc05d.png
  • mdubbs1
    edited November 2020
    ‘Wear the damn masks’: Maryland Gov. Hogan sounds alarm as COVID-19 metrics rise, stops short of new restrictions

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-hogan-coronavirus-thursday-20201105-6kwlctmlqvevhb5hzpy42j65uq-story.html
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    3qk6swltdjmm.png