2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    We'll have animals in the white house again!

• mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    My sister doesn’t believe Trump ever had Covid. She thinks he faked it to change the conversation away from how little paid in taxes. I think he had it but she’s right about the tax stories being overshot by his Covid. At least there are no Trumpers in my family so I can talk to them without hearing alternate reality presented as truth.

I think he had it much worse than he let on. We'll probably never know.

No idea why DH called his brother. He'd said repeatedly he wouldn't but I guess the temptation got too great.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I too, think he was sicker than he let on. Because of exceptional medical interventions, he was able to recover. I fully expected him to relapse from all the rallies he did. He’s made a lot of noise about Biden’s age. Trump is 74 years old himself. He’s an old man himself but obviously doesn’t see himself that way.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I also think he was sicker than the public was led to believe. I also think he tested positive and was started on steroids before the first debate, which would partially explain his manic behavior that night. If you recall, he and his family arrived too late for the Cleveland Clinic to administer the COVID tests that they had agreed to beforehand but he was allowed to go on stage anyway. I think arriving late was deliberate. With all of the logistical resources of the presidency, how could you be late for such an event unless it was intentional? And then it was announced the next day that he tested positive.
  • Helene610
    Pam, you make some very interesting points. They seem pretty logical. Too bad they didn’t delay the debate start time until he took his test, as agreed to. We’ll never know for sure unless someone on his staff leaks the truth.
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - you're most likely right. I remember reading about steroid side effects.
  • mdubbs1
  • mdubbs1
    I went to the 24-hour grocery store last evening at 10 pm. I was prepared to turn around and go home but the parking lot was every bit as empty as when I went at 11:30 or 4 am. AND - best part- they hadn't dimmed the lights yet (which makes the middle of the night visits a little eerie) AND they hadn't started running the floor cleaners or blocking the aisles with stocking shelves.

I was primarily looking for a turkey. They had FAR fewer than most years and only two "brands" - Butterball and store brand. I ended up buying a store 15 pounder. I'd rather have organic but I finally decided this just isn't a normal year. I'd already been searching online stores and online sites for organic turkeys without a great deal of luck.

I also bought a pumpkin pie for the freezer and my favorite kind of foil roasting pan.
  • mdubbs1
    It's a grey, gloomy, rainy day here in Baltimore. I fed this morning in the rain (the outside cats still have to eat).

From the Baltimore Sun:

Maryland reported 761 people hospitalized with virus-related complications Tuesday, up 54 from Monday, and hitting the highest level since June. Hospitalizations have soared since late September, when they were as low as 281 Sept. 20.

Among those hospitalized, 176 needed intensive care, eight more than Monday. ICU hospitalizations have more than doubled since Sept. 20, when 68 people needed ICU care.

We're certainly better off than a lot of places because we have such massive hospital systems but the toll on those hospital systems is unbelievable. The toll includes financial since many have had to cancel elective procedures, the money for which basically helps keep them afloat.

• mdubbs1
    Saw a music video last evening. Struck me as the first one I'd seen that wasn't specifically about the pandemic but rather using masks matter of factly on the band members. And Matt Ramsey is singing looking at a cell phone. To see the words or maybe watching a zoom of the band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A672nPEHOfc
  • PamS53
    5qerk40wfuyy.jpeg
  • PamS53
    bcha8thcicsa.png

My cousin sent this to me this morning. I offered to send a change of address card instead. She has not responded. Good thing we aren’t getting together for Thanksgiving — might be a little awkward.
  • Helene610
    The level some people will go to boost a fraud is astounding. I wonder how many people on her list will respond? How will DeJoy know this is mail he doesn’t want to slow down?
  • mdubbs1
    edited November 2020
    PamS53 wrote: »
    bcha8thcicsa.png

My cousin sent this to me this morning. I offered to send a change of address card instead. She has not responded. Good thing we aren’t getting together for Thanksgiving — might be a little awkward.

People

are

nuts

Plus, of course, having no idea how either the election system or the court system works.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    5qerk40wfuyy.jpeg

Love it!!
  • mdubbs1
    d77982zaudw2.png
  • mdubbs1
    Apparently it could be a month or more until our furnace is fixed (shortage of parts). It's already been 3 weeks or so. It's been so warm we haven't really noticed except for a couple times I wished I could turn on the A/C. Luckily there's no shortage of oil filled space heaters so we bought two spares - we already had enough to heat the house. It looks like this weekend we'll really use them for the first time. I've also ordered a couple extra heated cat beds, just in case. DH is busily calculating wattages in his head to make sure we don't blow a circuit. I keep reassuring the cats that they'll be much warmer than the cats in the colonies but the ones that are used to sleeping against a heating vent are giving me some funny looks. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    From the "newly adopted faces of the week" special on cheezburger:

"This is my little helper for work today. He ran in front of my car on the highway last night and I had to take him home"

sojrczmkyo8k.png
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Nothing new here. I went to the city yesterday, one of our state's hot spots. I got my hair cut, ate in my favorite restaurant, and picked up my Walmart grocery order. I go back on Wednesday for an orthopedic appointment.

The virus is definitely making itself known in our state after months of low rates so I am awaiting further restrictions but I know the governor is hesitant to shut things down if people would just adhere to wearing masks.