2020 - We can be our BEST SELF every day!

Options

Replies

• suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Thanks Snoozie. We have seen some unbelievably inconsiderate people on this trip. We’ve been able to keep our distance but I definitely hugged my relatives (the ones who would allow it). Seeing my mother in law was so very difficult. The first day’s visit went well. The second day she was completely incoherent. Now we’re in the road for our 13 hour drive back to Atlanta.

I hope your car repair works out well. I know you can do that 10k walk! Enjoy being outside with the beautiful weather and take rest breaks!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    safe travels Suz.. im sorry the 2nd visit was so hard but im so glad you got at least one time with her that was good.. i made it almost all the way but even tho i didn't drink anything my bladder started nudging me about 6 km in lol.. so i hopped a bus for about 2 km and walked the last 2 .. so still managed the 8km and i'll take it.. it was actually a lovely day for a walk and nice and shady on my side so except for the really busy traffic it was quite nice lol..

• Snooozie
    Options
    p.s. has anyone else noticed the little white box to the right side of each of the posts? I've never noticed it before... i put a tick in one to see what happened and this little message came up saying "you have chosen one reply to this discussion - take action or cancel" .... ?????? yikes lol.. i hit cancel cause i didn't know what would happen if i chose take action lol!

Maybe they've been there all along and i never noticed them before?
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Thank you again for your support. I honestly really appreciate it, although we have never met. I'm finding things difficult and I know you understand and care. Thank you.

You are not being careless at all, Suzy. Quite the opposite! You have obviously thought it all through and doing it in the safest way possible.

I'm actually not annoyed at the people I'm visiting at work. It has been such a mess here and we have such mixed messages from the government that people don't know if they're coming or going. They held off on masks for so long and kept telling people they were useless, and even when they did start recommending them the politicians aren't wearing them (except for the occasional photoshoot). I don't think people are knowingly putting me at risk - they don't think there is a risk! And of course, they don't know I'm vulnerable.

I'm trying not to get annoyed at my friends who do know I'm vulnerable, but don't want to follow the rules around me. But again, it's about their perception of risk. I need a friend like your pickleball partner, Snoozie!

Must not comfort eat!

• cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    2.5 miles today 🙂😎

Mile 1. 15.33 🤩
    Lap 3. walk and jog
    Lap 4. walk
    Lap 5. walk and jog

Total time 41.59

Go Carol Go

This girl is on fire 🔥 😍
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'll read up on all the posts later

Thanks ladies for letting me share my journey. You guys give me encouragement 🙂😎

Stay safe out there.

Carol in Jersey
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Vail - i didn't realize your highest anxiety is your friends not recognizing your need for them to take precautions - I had to take a bus this morning to go get my car; i couldn't handle another 10m walk but i was terrified.. waited for an empty one and an express so no stops and only 2 other people on the whole bus. But i STILL told my pickleball partner this morning that i had had to take a city bus so she was aware, because she's the only other human i have any contact with, and even tho we always follow all the protocols with each other and always have, she deserves to know i had taken a city bus... it must be so frustrating for you and just adds to the self isolation. Two of my good friends have blown their bubble up so much its crazy... but since they are both at their cottages all summer and plan to stay there im not at risk from them... but I can feel the isolation some days worse than others for sure so I feel for you... I saw this post on FB the other day and thought... yup.... this descibes my friends!!

xvcpwq36igpq.jpg
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    whoa!! 32 posts to catch up on! You girls have been typing some notes!! I haven't begun to try and read any. I hope all is well with you. Hubby had the covid symptoms and is still having some. Luckily not the chest congestion or blood clotting issues I think it is that many have.
    He wouldn't go to get swabbed through the nose, since there was nothing they could do to help his issues. I had to self quarantine due to his having fever. They made me use up my personal paid time off. =They are so wrong for that.

Trying to get back in the groove with work....

No, nope, notta' bit of cleaning done in those two weeks....except, I did think about it everyday...., Oh, I did find that we have a kitchen table after all!! I threw a plastic table cover over it to cover up the stuff underneath....lol The stuff that was covering up the table is on the floor in a Walmart tub! I don't know where to put that stuff! ugh!

Ok, breaks over,
    good night fellow Hatters!
    G
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Hi Gail!!! I’m sorry to hear about your husband and hope he’s over all the symptoms soon. It stinks that you had to take personal time but that seems to be what a lot of employers are doing. My daughter used all her time with her maternity leave so now she has to take time without pay...even if the students are the ones exposing her. It’s crazy.

Our kitchen table is a catch all as well. I hate it.

I did it, y’all!!!!! I went hiking today!!!! The elevation changes weren’t too bad and it was about four and a half, maybe five miles. My Fitbit says 48 flights of stairs total for elevation. My foot is a bit sore but tonight and tomorrow morning will be the true test. I didn’t even have to stop on the uphills which was a huge shocker! I’m so proud of myself!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Gail - sending hugs!!

Suzy huge congrats on the hike!! 48 flights of stairs omg lol... fingers crossed today the foot is okay after its big test!! awesome on the uphills especially... well done you!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Hi! I did a quick run through on the posts...probably can't remember who said what, but glad you all have been ok.

I agree with the awkward feeling when trying to socialize a bit (small scale) but you feel a bit rude , all the ducking and bobbing around to avoid getting too close...and trying not to breathe until you are out of range....Done that?
    In the grocery store too.
    I heard a song that I want as a ringtone...and then when someone is breathing DOWN MY NECK!! in line I would have it ring... It is "Don't Stand, Don't Stand so Close to Me" and oldie that I think is by the Police(Sting) do you girls know that one? it is perfect for such situations....
    don't you think? lol

Hubby is a bit better, still tired with some tummy issues ...but no chest issues as of yet.

ok... out of here gotta go to break.

Milove? I hope she is just busy.
    stay well everyone!
    G
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Gail, that’s hilarious! I love it!

My foot is feeling pretty good. Boy oh boy, are my muscles sore! It’s a good sore though! Now to work on portion sizes.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Gail - i am absolutely going to record that on my "voice memo" thing... that way i can play it whenever one of the freaks just HAS to reach for something in front of my face.. you can't wait 10 seconds while i pluck my can of tuna off the shelf and move on??? Yeesh.. it's bad enuf people ignore the arrows in the aisles but its simply common courtesy during a pandemic to keep your distance until the person who's standing at what you want moves away.... so if i could belt out that song and scare the crap out of them when it blasts away in their ear? yup i'd be doing the happy dance lol

glad hubby is holding his own and pray it continues and the worst is over for him

I too am hoping Milove is just busy.. but that sounds bad too because busy is not good in her world... i may drop a little PM just to make sure she's ok but i hate bothering her if she's swamped...

We are in the 2nd wave here now and cases are rising higher than they have been since back in April; i think they're looking at reducing numbers since people have expanded their bubbles so big and also reducing dine in and gym numbers... its not rocket science so i dont understand why people just cant wash their hands often, stay away from other people or wear a mask if they can't.. how hard is that honestly?? apparently pretty hard..

hang in there my friends...

• Snooozie
    Options
    Suzy forgot to say so glad your foot isn't too bad and i hear ya on the hurtin muscles lol...
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Just checking in quickly - I thought I'd posted but it hasn't showed up so I must have lost it. Thank you for the laugh, Gail! I have that Police song stuck in my head now - and yes, to trying not to breathe! So funny!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Your welcome! hahaha…. I downloaded it to my spotify , but not techy enough to know how to save it as a file to be able to play it like an alarm...
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Managed another hike today. 5 miles but only 38 floors. I swear this hike seemed steeper though. My foot is doing okay, not great but okay. The tendons in my ankle are giving me grief now. I tell ya, I’m falling apart!!!
  • suzyqholland
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I took this on our hike today. It was so nice to get outside. I hope all of you are getting a chance to do something you love in this crazy time. Stay healthy Hatters!

hua2ki97ok0k.jpeg

• Snooozie
    Options
    Oh wow Susie what a stunning picture!!!!! Just beautiful and I’m so glad you were able to get on another hike and that your foot isn’t too bad just be a bit careful not to push it. We have a lovely week of good weather coming up so hoping to get a few games of outdoor pickle ball in and perhaps a nice long walk at one of our conservation areas
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Snoozie, are your leaves changing colors up there? They’re just starting here in Georgia. We’re supposed to go on our annual hiking vacation with my husband’s brother and sister at the end of October. This will be our third year of meeting in Arkansas at a state park instead of doing the backpacking overnights that we did for the two years before that. It’s not a very strenuous hiking trip anymore but usually a lot of fun. They all feel completely comfortable with getting together so I guess we’re going.

Enjoy your nice weather and pickleball! Sounds fun!