2020 - We can be our BEST SELF every day!

Options

Replies

• suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Great news! Daughter and son-in-law’s tests came back negative! I’ll be watching my granddaughter again next week. I can’t believe how much I’ve missed that little munchkin. I’m feeling great...never had any issues. My weight is holding steady but that makes sense because I haven’t been as careful on eating as I should. I hate how my motivation comes in waves. There’s no way I’m going to meet my goal by my birthday with this lackadaisical attitude.
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    So happy Suzy 😊

I don't even pay attention to the "in 5 weeks" ... 😂🤷‍♀️
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear the tests were negative all around... huge relief to all I'm sure and so glad you get to have your grand daughter with you again.. :) I'm trying to ditch the 'dithering" attitude as well so we will absolutely be able to do this and get what we want for ourselves once we get in the groove :)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    That's great news, Suzy!

I'm trying to get motivation as well. I had a burst of it, and I'm jogging along OK, but with that feeling of "You mean I have to do it AGAIN today?". Lol! Like I feel it should be done and I can forget about it, instead of having to start again and do it every day. I feel the same about housework!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Heck of a day...
    August birthday bills are paid

Lawn is mowed (hubby and I worked together... teamwork makes the dream work)
    Hubby bought a new mower... "Happy early Anniversary" ... and yes he always treats me right 🥰

Washed my son's car .. and dried (Ford Fusion) hosed down the front mats

Washed my truck.. and dried (Toyota Rav 4) hosed down the front mats

Brian Jr will vacuum both 🙂
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    This is what 2 miles looks like

Mile 1. 16.11
    Mile 2. 17.23

Go Carol
    Go Carol

You can do this 👍🤩🚶‍♀️🏃‍♀️
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    I mowed the lawn today...front and back yard 😲... 80 minutes well spent ....

Great way to get my cardio in ..
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    I am 59 years old and I have never mowed the lawn. I’m not starting now. 😂 It is good exercise though.

My daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter and two dogs are moving in with us over Labor Day. They’re selling their house and are going to live with us while they do that and then look for their “forever home.” I have no idea how long they will be with us. My only reservation is the dogs. I don’t have a fenced yard and I have a very temperamental crazy old cat. It will be nice not to have to drive 35 minutes one way each morning and evening to watch the baby. Since I won’t have to make the drive, I’ll probably go back to the gym at 6:00 am every weekday with my husband. I was doing really well when I was going. I haven’t gained back the few pounds I lost but I haven’t lost any more. I don’t know how we’re going to handle dinner. They don’t really eat vegetables and they order in several times a week. Should be interesting.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Wow Suzy... that's really nice of you to have them move in while they house hunt.. and for sure there are going to be challenges including the dogs... much as we love family it can be challenging at times when you're suddenly all living under the same roof with different lifestyles and habits and routines! Lovely that you won't have to do the drive anymore and as long as your foot is ok might be nice to have that alone time with hubby even if its at 6am and at a gym lol!

That's awesome you haven't gained back the pounds you lost btw... well done you!!! Maybe before the move you can decide how you want to handle dinner for yourself and i assume hubby (altho he may be into the take out lol).. make the decision before hand that you'll continue to make your own dinners or join in the take out once a week or whatever works for you.. but if you plan ahead before they arrive it might help you stick with the great momentum you're going with now.. keep up the good work!!

I've been getting in my walking and pickleball 3x a week and trying to do much better with my eating.. still tryign to deal with the boredom eat and evening snackage but doing better this week. There's really not much to do these days still... most of my friends have escaped to their cottages during the pandemic and of course my volunteering place is still closed and not sure it will re open at all this year.. and not sure im going to go back either at this point.. so the boredom eating is prolly the biggest challenge right now.. i could of course start all those chores like cleaning out the laundry room and the boxes of stuff packed away... but im not quite that desperate still after 5 months of the pandemic to take those on lol.. I'm avoiding the scales til the weekend so i can hope to see a bit of a loss by then ..

Vail - hope you're hanging in okay as well.. Milove, Gail - hope you get a sec to drop in and just let us know you're all good!!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    This is what 2 miles looks like 👍

Mile 1. 16.11
    Mile 2. 18.34

Ran the first half mile without stopping 🏃‍♀️

Not bad after doing yesterday's lawn 👌

Doggone legs didn't want to work with me 🤷‍♀️
  • suzyqholland
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Went for our old familiar 3 mile walk along the river today. My foot hurt a bit towards the end but it didn’t persist once we were done. I’m really hopeful that it’s going to be pain free soon. I’m going to try a moderate hike next weekend. I’m looking forward to some Fall hiking in cooler weather. Fingers crossed!

I laughed out loud at your “have to do it again today!” remark, Vail. That’s the truth of it, isn’t it? You try so hard and do everything right but you have to keep doing it over and over...for-ev-er! It seems so overwhelming. Snoozie is right, it’s a one day at a time approach. Kind of like AA but with food. I really struggle with the concept of rewarding myself with food too, Snoozie. That’s a mentality that absolutely has to change to be successful at weight loss. My dithering has been out of control this past week so I’ve got to turn it around.

I’m attaching a photo of my sweet grand baby. I hope y’all don’t mind. She has just completely stolen my heart!
    cy3lrgpejhm3.jpeg
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Oh, Suzy, she is the cutest thing ever! What a darling! Does she look like you or am I just imagining it? I'm so glad that you are having so much time with her.

It's great that your foot is finally getting better, and you have a hike planned. It feels like it has been a long recovery!

It will be an interesting challenge with dinner when your family move in! Maybe they have been ordering out due to being busy and tired? I know my son does that sometimes, although he normally eats very healthily. So maybe they won't need to if you are cooking. Will you be sharing cooking? I'm sure you'll work something out! Maybe even convert them to veg, lol! Maybe your granddaughter starting solid food would be a time for everybody to eat healthy and give her an example? I hope you get things sorted with the pet situation. That doesn't sound difficult.

80 minutes, Carol - you must have a big lawn! I have a small one and still find it hard work! I'm really impressed with you running half a mile without stopping after that! (Or running at all!). Congratulations on the new mower! Mine is ancient, but I'm sure if I got a new one I'd be disappointed that it wasn't as good.

Sounds like you are dong well, Snoozie, putting the work in with the exercise and eating. It is strange at the moment, with still not going out and doing the things we used to do. The gym is open, but I'm too cautious to go just at the moment. My dance classes haven't started up again yet. It does feel odd, and isolating, and yes, I wouldn't say I'm bored, but sometimes at a bit of a loss.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    More later I’m just barely awakeBut she’s absolutely gorgeous Susie oh my gosh thanks for sharing she’s beautiful!!!!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Another 2 miles done 😎😂

Mile 1. 15.22
    Mile 2. 16.35

Actually ran the first .75 without stopping 🤩😎🏃‍♀️

You're on fire 🔥 Carol
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Thanks Vailara.

Today was mani pedi 🙂
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Another 2 miles down 🧐🤩😛😎

Mile 1. 16.22
    Mile 2. 18.79

Sometimes you just need to shake your cute little hiney🤷‍♀️
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    This is how I spent my Sunday afternoon 🤩🏡 2 hours of awesome cardio

I mowed both the front and back yards

Go Carol Go
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Great job Carol!

So, I lost three pounds! Yay! Then I proceed to lose my ever loving mind and eat crap and drink an entire bottle of wine with my husband. Apparently I’ve become a dithering master! Enough of that, back on track today.

They say a cold front is coming down from Canada this week. Can’t wait!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Thanks Suzy 😊

My husband gave me a new gas powered push mower for our anniversary 😍

Great job on the loss ... and I definitely understand the food and wine fest 🤷‍♀️

I'm more of a spring and fall kind of girl 🌸🍁🍂

Carol 😎
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Me too, Carol. I can’t wait for Fall hiking weather. I just really hope my foot is fully healed. I’d love to do some backpacking. It has been way tooooo long. Our hiking plans for this weekend were canceled. It was a very stressful weekend. (Hence the wine! Lol)