2020 - We can be our BEST SELF every day!

Options
1181920212224»

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know Suzy... I'm glad you want to continue with the group and hope the others feel the same and will join us too :)

I am also looking at where I am and what I want for myself. The lack of control over certain aspects of my life due to this pandemic, can no longer be one of the excuses for not focusing on my health. We are in lockdown again, and while I do believe that this year things will improve greatly in eradicating the virus, I can't "wait" to focus on my own health any more, nor can I use it as i said as one of the excuses I've used, and I've had many I used!! None of which included stuffing my face every 30 seconds of course.... no personal responsibility taken!

So I have committed to losing 20lbs and increasing my mobility and strength in the New Year. I have decided for me that I will weigh myself Jan 1st and record it as my starting point, and I am going to go back to the basics that succeeded for me when I first came here. I am going to begin with calorie counting and set a 1400 limit to start, with tweaking as needed. I'm simply sharing my own plans because as we know, having others on the same journey is so helpful to us all, and in truth the accountability aspect has a lot to do with it too...

So I will be starting a new thread for 2021 (or anyone else can if they want to do it of course!) and look forward to achieving my goals and supporting anyone else along the way..

• suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    I’m thinking along the same lines, Snoozie. I need to get back to what worked before and stop all the “fudging” and rationalizations. I kept to a 1200 calorie limit before but now I think I’m going for 1400 or less. My biggest challenge and emphasis will be on strength and flexibility.

I hate that you’re back in lock down. However I’m thinking we should all do the same until the vaccines are given and working. I’m really afraid that the numbers are going to increase dramatically because of Christmas gatherings.

Maybe the thread for 2021 should be something about “back to basics” or “the time is now” or something like that. What do you think?
  • suzyqholland
    edited December 2020
    Options
    ahp2cm9a0blk.jpeg

f0d9zvop7akq.jpeg
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Suz - love them both ty!! But the first one - my favourite!! how would u feel about it with maybe a little tweak?? i think could be our announcement page for 2021 (the one that shows at the top every page?) how would u feel about tweaking it a bit tho to be our inspiration daily... maybe to read "One day or TODAY - you decide! To remind us that every today is the day to keep committed? just a thot...
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I decided to start practising logging my food today .. there have been a lot of changes to the food diary since i last used it (gulp) lol.. so i will have to figure out the whole "scan a meal" option etc... hopefully tho it will make the logging much easier and help me stick to it!!

• suzyqholland
    Options
    Great minds think alike Snoozie! I started logging again this morning just to see what’s what. I haven’t tried the scan a meal feature yet. I’ll have to figure that one out, too. Hopefully it will be helpful.

I love the tweak! Sounds good to me. It reinforces the reality that if you exceeded your calories yesterday then today is the day to stay committed.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    yes EXACTLY Suz... seeing that every day will remind us that its not some day to stay with it, its today..!!

ha on the great minds... i used the bar code scan a lot this morning on my phone, that was the same but i havent figure out the meal thing either .. i have a lot of home made soup in the freezer at the moment which will be handy for lunches, but im not going to try to break down the recipe for calories on those i will just search the data base for home made pea soup or whatever, and average out a # between the lowest and highest that are there..

i think theyve improved the "recent" feature too ... so maybe this time it will be easier doing the logging!! Yay!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    well after 2 days of "practice" logging... where i tried to make sure i put everything in i was actually eating but did "guesstimate" on some... I am no longer questioning how i gained so much weight back.

omg

it was definitely a shock to the system to see just how much i am eating every day.. and i know already that with lockdown, evenings and boredom are going to be my biggest hurdle for sure!! But it has been very valuable ( if scary ) to start logging again... i need to remember it was a big part of my success in losing the excess weight when i first started so instead of hating it, i'm going to see logging as my new best friend LOL.... (somebody MAY need to remind me of that in a few weeks when I start whining again tho haha)

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Definitely keep us going. ...like Suzy said even if it's just a few .......like us three. Well I realize it's more like you two most times. I know I don't get to post much , But I really like keeping up with y'all by a thread....pun intended.

• suzyqholland
    Options
    I managed to log for two and a half days. Lol. I know, I know!!!! I need to do it and I will. I don’t know about “best friend” though. I think it’s more like that high maintenance friend you have that you’ve known for years and who you enjoy being around...until you don’t. Hahahaha!

I get my stitches out today!!!!!! Yay!!!! My finger is still painful, swollen and hard to straighten but it is getting better. I’m anxious to hear what the doctor says about it. At the very least I’ll be asking for exercises to get the mobility back. I’ve started back on my knee exercise program so hopefully that will help my knee. I’m icing the ball of my foot incessantly to get the little “pebble in my shoe” feeling to go away. I’m trying to start the new year off on a healthier more positive note.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Lmao at the High maintenance friend you are so right!!! I knew you were getting your stitches out Wednesday I just didn’t realize today was Wednesday duh!!! Please let us know how it went at the docks and I’m sure they’ll give you some Mobility movements to do with it and it’s awesome you’re keeping up with the knee and foot stuff to we got this and I’m honestly feeling much more ready to get started let’s hope that feeling continues
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Everything went well and I’m doing as expected. He gave me some exercises and said to expect the pain to slowly get better over the next couple months. I’m so relieved to have those stitches out.

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Suzy , Glad the stiches are out... and the foot is better.
    Snoozie, I hope to start back logging some also. It is high maintenance! lol

I need to get a grip on my carb and sugar intake. Holiday!! ugh!

May we all have the Best New Year possible with all this mess we are all going through.

Has any one had any news from Milove or Vail?

• Snooozie
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy 2021. I haven’t heard from MIlove or Vail really hope we see them soon Hugs all around

I've started a new thread for 2021 - hope to see you all there