2020 - We can be our BEST SELF every day!

Options

Replies

• Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Just starting here too. It feels quite mild for October. I love your photo, Suzy. I tried to upload one, but I failed. I live in a small city, just near a river that floods. Because of the flooding there's a wedge of the city that has been left as meadows to absorb flood water, and that's where I tend to walk. If I walk a few minutes one way, I'm in the centre of the city. If I walk another way, I'm out in fields of cows! It's one thing I really like about where I live. I could drive somewhere to walk, but I love being able to just go out of my door. Of course, when it floods the fields are just a big lake, so I can't walk there! But if they didn't flood, they would have been built up long ago.

It was quite busy out there during lockdown, I suppose with a lot of people off work and children off school. It's quieter again now, mostly just the occasional dog walker. Thank goodness for that outside space at the moment! Coronavirus cases are escalating here, but there is no protection now for vulnerable people. Although our case numbers are high, I don't think the actual numbers of infections will be quite as high as they were back in March when they weren't testing, and we weren't social distancing - I keep trying to tell myself that! But it's still very scary particularly if you're vulnerable (and if you can't social distance at work!).

Hope you are all managing to keep safe. And getting some outdoors time - I think needed now more than ever!
  • suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Sounds lovely! We’re thinking about moving further out of the metro Atlanta area. Possibly closer to the mountains in north Georgia. We would love to be able to just walk out our door to a beautiful trail or something. All of our usual trails and walking areas are extremely crowded anymore. I’m glad yours has gotten back to normal.

My uncle and aunt are both sick with Covid. She’s in the hospital and isn’t expected to recover and he is at home with a visiting nurse but improving. He is just completely heartbroken. They’re in their seventies with pre-existing conditions. It’s so very sad.

My daughter may have sold their house and found one to buy. They could be out of our house by this time next month. I have mixed feelings. I’m going to miss seeing my granddaughter every day.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Morning Suzy and Vail

Sorry been MIA.. i think i was doing the ostrich thing with my weight and even tho i was reading everything, i avoided posting lol... i got up the nerve to get on the scale this morning (oh i'd like to point out its our Thanksgiving weekend here.. so even tho i can't blame the pig out alone for what the scale said... it tipped me over the edge into a new set of numbers UP.. gakkkkk... and that's with a lot of pb and walking still going on so just the thot of the winter being pretty much locked inside (we've moved back to stage 2 recently due to the high numbers; restaurants and bars and gyms closed again) ... so as of tomorrow i'm back on the wagon big time... and yes i had pumpkin pie for breakfast today - it counts as a veg, right?

I've been doing my walks; I'm in a city but have access to lots of woodlands and trails fortunatley so i'll post a few of my recent pics of the trees.. still not in full bloom but it does add a nice perk to the walk to enjoy the colors.

Suzy - your trip at the end of October sounds like a lovely tradition and i hope you all have a great time! I hope by now your ankle and foot are improving - wowsa on the kids finding a house (maybe!) I can only imagine the mixed feelings... happy for them but gonna miss seeing your beautiful grandbaby every day if it goes thru..keep us posted! I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt and uncle... sending a hug....

Vail - it actually sounds like the marsh being kept as a water soaker upper is a good thing.. otherwise you'd prob be surrounded by new builds with no greenery left near by.. i'l keep my fingers crossed it stays dry so you can enjoy a stroll in there more often! Our case #'s are skyrocketing too.. im so grateful i'm retired now and don't have to go to work so i can't even imagine the anxiety you are still having to add to the overall situation.. sending hugs and if you need to vent or yap anytime, you know where to find us and i'm happy to try the whatsup app or messenger on FB or whatever to have an actual chat anytime if you need or want it..

I had a lovely virtual "wine therapy" with my sister on Saturday for Thanksgiving.. but i did a little too much of the "wine" part! I really don't drink very much anymore.. the occasional glass of wine when i cook a full meal which is rare... and because most of my drinking revolved around social situations and there aren't any now... it appears my tolerance level has also dropped lol.. 2 glasses of wine over an hour and half chat and i was sound asleep on the couch 45 min later hahaha..

Anyway... thinking of you all... hard to believe this pandemic has been going on for 7 months now.. hope and pray every day that we'll find a cure/vaccine soon.

Gail/Milove - hope you are both well and Gail that your hubby is fully recovered by now..
  • Snooozie
    Options
    31f3jw7vjl8f.jpeg
    oehkor0sp6sf.jpeg
    ffvfn1fxbl2o.jpeg
  • Snooozie
    Options
    g7obf5ekwy3h.jpeg
    8tm6d6ucty13.jpeg
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I didn’t mean to post that many sorry lol. But the very last one it’s a picture of the river that runs along the trails taken from the bridge above before heading down into the trail some selves and I saw a fox on the way home which was pretty cool for a city girl
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!! What gorgeous photos! Wow!
  • Vailara
    Options
    Stunning photos! What a beautiful place to walk! I love the fox. I have tried again to post one of mine - tried the phone and the web, but not doing well. I'm sure I've managed to do it before. I would like to show you my walking spot! It's not quite as lovely as yours, but there are trees, a river, fields, etc.

I'm sorry about your uncle and aunt, Suzy. This illness is so devastating.

Thank you for the offer of support, Snoozie. I might just send a rant off to you at some point and you'll regret it! But seriously, it's much appreciated.

I will write more later, hopefully, but wanted to check in. Thinking of you all x
  • Snooozie
    Options
    We had a beautiful summer day here and I found a new trail only 5 km from me - I didn’t make it to the end so will def go back - it was just like walking in the woods and I had to laugh at the “graffiti” under the bridge - Canadians are so polite even with their graffiti haharccbzn24yk86.jpeg
    zcpfvkcowcvu.jpeg
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Finding a great new trail is like opening your gifts on Christmas morning to me! Congratulations on the discovery! I know that you can never really capture the beauty of nature in a photo, so that trail must be absolutely gorgeous because the photo is just beautiful! You made me laugh out loud at that graffiti joke. Lol.

I managed to drag myself out of bed at 5;00 am this morning and go back to the gym. I was so relieved that the number of people going at 6:00 am hasn’t increased. It seems that Mondays and Fridays are a bit busier so I may skip those days. “Busier” is still less than ten people but I don’t feel comfortable working on a machine anywhere near someone else.

My granddaughter is seven months old today. I can’t believe I’ve been taking care of her that long. My back thinks it’s been longer. Lol.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Sorry i did a quick post then had to go shower before replying to the other posts lol.. i was just so pumped with finding the new trail that i kept going and going .... but after playing pickleball this morning then the walk this aft (not a hike like you suzy.. like i said before.. deep respect for you and your hiking lol) im wiped... thankfully one of my friends gave me a lovely plate of Thanksgiving leftovers so i didn't have to cook!

Vail - re the photos.. there are 2 separate buttons or icons or whatever here.. one says attach file and one says attach image... i think i have used both to attach a photo so maybe try whichever one you DIDNT use last time? i would love to see your pics!! And if you use facebook (well, Messenger works outside of FB too).. but i would be happy to send you my messenger info if you ever want to "chat" (typing wise) in person live.... i think we're 4 or 6 hrs apart (my BIL in Isle of Man i believe is 4) but know the offer is there so that anytime we're on together we can yap-type lol

Suzy!! Good job going back to the gym!! They just closed ours here again this week due to the big spike in cases... restaurants and gyms closed and something else.. can't remember what because it doesnt affect me anyway .. but im thrilled you are able to get back and commend you for getting up at 5am lol... hard to believe just a year ago i was getting up at 4am for dayshift .. blech!! so kudos to you.. hope the ankle is holding up well

7 months. holy cow time does fly!!! ha im sure your back will notice as she gains a few pounds as she grows too!! you wont even need the gym you'll be doing lifts and squats at home all the time!!

ok i have to get up and move before i stiffen up more lol... hang in there ladies!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Stunning pics!!
    Hubby is better, he may have had a mild case...nothing serious.
    My heart goes out to you Suzy, I know it is sad to think you may not see them daily. Sorry to read about the family members with covid. Prayers sent out.
    So glad you are all avoiding covid.
    I am still blown away with work here. We are losing two great employees to better jobs. Can't blame them, they finished their degree, but no offer of more $$ from our higher ups...so they must move on!! This leaves us with more work...but it is what it is! ….as they say.
    I am picking 10 lbs up from my loss, so I have to figure it out again....Don't want to fall back into all my old habits....which is what was happening!!

Back to work. breaks over.

Take care of yourselves!
    G
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    BOO!!!
  • Vailara
    Options
    Sounds like you are really busy at work, Gail. I suppose it's a distraction, if nothing else! I'm glad your hubby is OK. Well done on the gym, Suzy! And good that you have found some quieter times. I still haven't been back to my gym, and it's closing again tomorrow as we go into lockdown again.

After telling you about my walk being a lake when theirs floods, what do you know? We have floods again. Luckily we have flood defences, and those water meadows - which are now a massive lake again!

I don't have much to say, but just wanted to check in. I had lost all my lockdown weight, but it's creeping up again, various things recently some good (celebrations) and some not so good (stress, lol), not that that's an excuse! I do need to get on top of it, as I really can NOT be bothered making the effort to lose that weight again. It's got to be easier to just not put it on. I have masses of bad stuff in the house just now. I could throw it all away, but sad to say, it gives me a sort of comfort knowing it's there, what with the winter coming and going into lockdown!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Vail - you must have read my mind.. i was just thinking November has started and maybe we should do roll call in the group just to make sure everyone is ok... so thanks very much for your post! I know Suzy was planning a hike at the end of October but not sure how long she was going for - if you're back Suz hope you were able to go and look forward to hearing about it..

omg Vail on the flooding.... i know you had mentioned you had defences but still sucks..

huge congrats on having lost all your lockdown weight.. i swear i love what you wrote - its got to be easier to keep it off than lose it again.. i so needed to hear that! I have NOT lost my pandemic weight.... and sadly i have a crap stash too because honestly.. it makes me feel better knowing its there. Unfortunately knowing translates to eating it... but i agree there is some comfort knowing i have something..

I did hear on the news that the UK was going back into lockdown.. i'm so sorry to hear it especially with winter coming on. We're not quite there.. we were put back in restrictions in my area as we're a hot spot.... and for some insane reason our govt has now changed to a color coded system of restrictions, replacing the "stages" we have always used.. i.e. stage 1 stage 2 etc.. now suddenly as of a day ago it's all "orange, yellow, red, etc" people are so confused now its a total joke... of course so many of them weren't following the 3 damn basic rules to start... wash your hands, wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from anyone not in your household.. so if they can't even follow those 3 basics... and with these color stages now and nobody knowing what any of them include or dont include... well nuff said ....

honestly for me life hasnt changed much at all since the start of the pandemic.. we're lucky right now we're having an "alberta clipper" lol.. which means we're having a glorious week of summer weather.. sunny and 70 degrees.. I am still getting to play pickleball outdoors right now; just single games still with the same one opponent all the time keeping us both safe, but other than that and an occasional walk, i'm otherwise at home 24/7. But i'm dreading winter to be honest.. it's so hard to believe its been 8 months since the world went insane...

I definitely have to get a handle on my eating... i did brave the scale but was so horrified i shut my eyes. and i know a lot of it is emotional eating and boredom..... so i have to get my act together.......
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Hi ladies! We’re back from hiking and lots going on. I wanted to drop a note to let you know I’m still alive. I’ll write more when I get a minute.
  • Vailara
    Options
    lqv5psy0pgjs.jpg
    34m5uys2icwh.jpg
    dtr18sssxjqs.jpg
  • Vailara
    Options
    Finally managed to post some pictures! These are just from walks from my house. The bottom one is looking out towards the water meadows. This was flooded, but now the water has gone down. Still a bit squelchy! The middle one is the river near my house, and the top one is a public garden with old ruins (Roman, medieval, etc.) that I walk through.

I'm laughing at closing your eyes on the scale, Snoozie - only because I have very poor eyesight and sometimes don't really want to see it. I still have those fancy wi-fi scales which record it automatically so I don't actually need to look! Although recording and not looking is a bit pointless. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with a crap stash. I shouldn't really ... I did really well yesterday, then last thing at night I had to go for it and get some chocolate. I should have just gone to bed!

That's great about your weather. It's so good to be able to get out. It's not too bad here. We've had storms and heavy rain, but also some sunshine and nice autumn weather. I'm trying to arrange to meet at a distance with a friend outdoors. We are allowed to do that with one person.

Thank you for checking in, Suzy! Looking forward to your update. I hope the hiking was good!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    I hope everyone is managing to stay safe and sane with all this. Still hectic here. With my new job, I don't have the same computer time I was having. ….and with the MIL in the living room...I don't use that computer at all , with her sleeping there.

Still fighting to keep my weight loss....sometimes the scale wins , but sometimes I win( just not for long)

I had to get my AIC checked, it was after I had been eating Little Debbie Nutty Buddy bars everynight (2 large packs worth) So the doc put me on new meds....I told the nurse it was not the previous meds fault It was the operator. Haven't started them yet, maybe soon.

Take care my friends,
    G

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Vail, those pictures are gorgeous!!