TEAM: Gutbusters (February)

Options

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    February 10
    Exercise: Yes (walk 5km in 40 mins - hills).
    Tracked: Yes
    Budget: Yes

High humidity today. Returned from walk looking like I had been swimming (just perspiration).

I need to go into a client in the city tomorrow (so early start and potentially late finish).
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Posting This As I Binge Ate Last Night And Need To Get My Act Together Today And Going Forward!!!!!!

Monday's Meal Plan And Prep
    -drink water throughout the day

Breakfast
    -1 clementine and 1 piece of whole wheat toast with light peanut butter

Lunch
    -salad (spinach leaves, strawberries, almonds)

Dinner
    -M & M Food Market boneless, skinless chicken breast
    (eat less calories and sugar by eating it plain as opposed to putting on honey garlic sauce or other sauce)
    (eat whole chicken breast or less if not hungry)
    (get chicken in the oven around 5pm) (cook extra to use for other days this week)
    -cooked carrots (peel, cut, and cook when chicken is in oven)
    -small baked potato(es) with margarine (eat 1 or 2 depending on how hungry I am)

Evening
    -have to bring treats to Life Group
    -already put at front door: Party Snack mix, bbq chips, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies
    -this morning or afternoon decide on which fruit to take (e.g., strawberries, raspberries, blueberries) and wash them and find serving bowl(s) to put them in
    -try really hard not to eat any junkfood treats at group as last night I ate some of all 4 treats until I got a belly ache and weight is way up today and I have my official weigh in on Wednesday and I am mad at myself and disappointed in myself as I feel it's been a long time since I binge ate junkfood and I never wanted to go down that road again
    -if hungry can eat fruit I bring

Possible Snack Ideas For When I Am Home Today Only If I Am Hungry
    -grape tomatoes (could take to Life Group incase I want something to eat)
    -peach
    -green grapes (could take to Life Group incase I want something to eat)
    -1 piece of fresh whole wheat bread with light peanut butter
    -almond and dark chocolate nut bar

Need to do a 20 minutes of exercise.
  • zengen09
    zengen09 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @Keepingtrack1234

My intention for the week is to track every "snack."

I've noticed over the past month or so my discipline to forgo snacks has wavered and almost daily I'll have a few peanuts or chips or almonds etc in between meals. These snacks can really add up without being accountable, so my goal is to track everything I eat no matter what.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    looneycatblue
    Feb 10, Week 2
    PW: 166.4
    CW: 165.4

Better, but still haven't been tracking or getting my walks in. Too much going on with work, battling a cold, just not motivated. I know that motivation comes from within, I also know that when I track and get my walks in, it makes the stresses that much easier to deal with. This is something that I am going to work on this week. I also, am going to try and check in more often here... I really enjoy reading about your own journeys, and it is nice to know that we are sharing some of the same issues. Take care everyone, you are an inspiration to me!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    ONE HABIT you want to focus on?

I have TWO, Tracking and getting back to Daily Walks.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    BB_1033 wrote: »
    BB_1033
    Feburary Week 2
    PW 165
    CW 166

Sorry for not checking in much this weekend. Hubby whisked us away to the beach this weekend spontaneously so was just soaking it up, the ocean breeze etc that is haha. Was loose with the food bc we were on a budget and it was a getaway right? Haha. I imagine that's where they pound came from. It'll come back off now worries 😉 One habit I want to focus on this week is getting better sleep.

That sounds amazing! Glad you enjoyed it!! :)
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    abigail659 wrote: »
    Abigail659
    February Week 2
    PW: 152.4
    CW: 150.6

I finally held on to my loss! This hasn’t happened in over a month! This week a habit I want to focus on is not going back to sleep after I wake up in the mornings. I wake up early with my husband and usually go back to sleep once he and my boys are gone. I only get 30 mins of extra sleep but I usually wake up more tired and in a rush to get to work. I’ll try tomorrow morning. :)

FABULOUS LOSS! Very inspiring! GO YOU! :)
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    Posting This As I Binge Ate Last Night And Need To Get My Act Together Today And Going Forward!!!!!!

Monday's Meal Plan And Prep
    -drink water throughout the day

Breakfast
    -1 clementine and 1 piece of whole wheat toast with light peanut butter

Lunch
    -salad (spinach leaves, strawberries, almonds)

Dinner
    -M & M Food Market boneless, skinless chicken breast
    (eat less calories and sugar by eating it plain as opposed to putting on honey garlic sauce or other sauce)
    (eat whole chicken breast or less if not hungry)
    (get chicken in the oven around 5pm) (cook extra to use for other days this week)
    -cooked carrots (peel, cut, and cook when chicken is in oven)
    -small baked potato(es) with margarine (eat 1 or 2 depending on how hungry I am)

Evening
    -have to bring treats to Life Group
    -already put at front door: Party Snack mix, bbq chips, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies
    -this morning or afternoon decide on which fruit to take (e.g., strawberries, raspberries, blueberries) and wash them and find serving bowl(s) to put them in
    -try really hard not to eat any junkfood treats at group as last night I ate some of all 4 treats until I got a belly ache and weight is way up today and I have my official weigh in on Wednesday and I am mad at myself and disappointed in myself as I feel it's been a long time since I binge ate junkfood and I never wanted to go down that road again
    -if hungry can eat fruit I bring

Possible Snack Ideas For When I Am Home Today Only If I Am Hungry
    -grape tomatoes (could take to Life Group incase I want something to eat)
    -peach
    -green grapes (could take to Life Group incase I want something to eat)
    -1 piece of fresh whole wheat bread with light peanut butter
    -almond and dark chocolate nut bar

Need to do a 20 minutes of exercise.

Please don't belittle yourself over a mistake...we are all guilty of it, I know...you can control right now and you are. You are amazing and you CAN do it! :) thank you for this honest and open post. We are all here to help each other!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    zengen09 wrote: »
    @Keepingtrack1234

My intention for the week is to track every "snack."

I've noticed over the past month or so my discipline to forgo snacks has wavered and almost daily I'll have a few peanuts or chips or almonds etc in between meals. These snacks can really add up without being accountable, so my goal is to track everything I eat no matter what.

Love this! I am right there with you! :)
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    ONE HABIT you want to focus on?

I have TWO, Tracking and getting back to Daily Walks.

Love it! Thanks for sharing. And GREAT loss! :)
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Recumbent bike, 15 minutes; circuit workout 16 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Legs/free weights for about 15 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Nope, slightly over, darn brownie...
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes--that's a win for me!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Audreypawdrey
    Feb 10- week 2
    PW: 136
    CW:134.2

I don’t think I posted last Monday. I have had a hard time getting the group section of the app to load on my phone, but it worked today! Last Monday my information was:
    Audreypawdrey
    Week 1
    CW: 136
    PW: 134.4

I am glad it went back down this week!

Looks great! Way to go!!! I am inspired!
  • BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Exercised? Yes 30 mins of strength/resistance training .. leg day
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked ? Yes

Tired??? Oh yes! Lol ... hoping to get to bed on time tonight. Also cut coffee to one small cup today and started the day off with warm lemon water.
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    metubal wrote: »

Good information.

A yes, weight loss is primarily intake. However the body does adapt the metabolism to the intake if it is too far in deficit or excess. Normal reductions (less than 500 cal per day over multiple weeks) seldom makes a noticeable change to base metabolism.

Unless you are an athlete, you burn far more just living than you will from exercise. The temptation is to eat more if you exercise, but often this extra is the same as (if not more) than you just used exercising.

If you walk for about 45 minutes per day (brisk pace - 4 mph), you burn maybe 250 extra calories. 250 calories is about 1/2 a chocolate chip muffin.

For keeping blood sugar low (good to combat pre-diabeties and type 2 diabetes), fasting, reducing snacking and/or a low carb/keto diet are generally used. Carbs have an insulin reaction in the body. Protein has an insulin reaction in the body, but much less than carbs. Fats have a minimal insulin reaction in the body.

Large amounts of fibre are only essential if you are eating a large amount of carbs. Fibre is the anti-carb. But taking fibre without carbs is like taking an antidote without the poison (serves little purpose). On a low carb diet, fibre should not be a major concern.

Glad you have been experimenting to find what causes inflammation. This will help you A LOT.

Just keeping a calorie deficit (averaging 250 to 500 calories per day) even without exercise should see weight slowly start to come off. (about a pounds a week). Limit snacking should help.

Thank you, Craig. You are a wealth of information, as always.

I'm trying to go over everything I do throughout the day to find out why the scale is not moving -or moving in the wrong direction. My weekly average is up .3 pounds today.

I try to track my fiber intake because I cant seem to have any bowel movement when I eat less than 20g of it (TMI, sorry). I'm drinking senna tea today to get things moving because I am on the 3rd day with no bowel movement🙁

I didnt snack all day today. Just two meals😊
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for a weigh-in from:

@Kenyaa3
    @shalvy2007
    @sparklydragons
    @tuddy315
    Please post using this template:
    Username
    February Week 2
    PW:
    CW:
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    Metubal
    February week 2
    PW 179
    CW 180.2

So sorry team. Still haven't been able to pinpoint why I'm gaining..

I am right there with you; it's a blip and it will be ok. Check your habits and find one to focus on...weight loss is a long game and you WILL see the results of your effort. Keep your head up-you got this!
This discussion has been closed.