TEAM: Gutbusters (February)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• glouis4
    glouis4 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am happy to rejoin you guys this month!
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you Megan for taking the helm
    Let's keep going Team !
  • abigail659
    abigail659 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wohoo! My first challenge under my belt. Im still getting the hang of it. But looking forward to February’s challenge. Thanks Bonnie for being on top of things! Welcome Megan! We’re lucky to have you!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Good morning team and HAPPY FEBRUARY! I am excited to try on the captain hat this month! I will do my very best! THIS POST IS LONG AND I AM SORRY IN ADVANCE! Just trying to be sure I include everything and everyone!

A little about me: I am in maintenance and have been for 20 years. (I lost about 60 pounds at age 20.) I love to talk about habits and how they effect our lives. In the last year, I have had to change my approach to weight and health; I try to really limit/be mindful about added sugars and I strength train rather than do cardio. These two things have been key for me maintaining at age 40--I struggled for a couple years to find a way as my body changed.

With that in mind-January has ALWAYS been a hard month for me and this year is no exception; I am at the top of my maintenance weight and very tired and worn down. My word of the month is: RESET. I would like to reset my relationship to sugar; eating it has become a habit again!
    My plan: I will not eat any treats at work, I will pack enough healthy foods and I will avoid my kitchen at night! I will check in daily on this.
    Is there a goal you have for yourself this month? Feel free to share!

More logistics: (said it was long...)

Your weigh-in day is the day of the week you signed up to be in the challenge. We'll post a reminder each day. Be sure to click on the star above to bookmark this page for January.
    Your weekly weigh-in post should look like this:
    Username
    February Week #
    PW:
    CW:
    A successful month will also include checking in daily on our team thread. We encourage you to post daily following the
    guidelines of another challenge called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). Very simple, but effective, in keeping us focused on our health goals. Please feel free to join that monthly challenge as well. @RangerRickL  
    does a fantastic job there. Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our team! Feel free to share as much as you are comfortable. You might want to include what your goals for February is.

And here we go to kick some February butt!

SATURDAY: Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:
    @allietuge
    @corriepelc
    @Cspdb3
    @FatimaStartsAllOver
    @Kiadams317750
    @matthewsfive
    @bonniehosk85

Please post using this template:
    Username
    February Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thank you Megan! 😁
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    FatimaStartsAllOver
    February Week 1
    PW: 237.0
    CW: 233.6

thanks @Keepingtrack1234 for stepping up. 👍🏾

HOLY WOW AMAZING LOSS!!! WOW!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    The fourth week and finale results are posted on the January thread! Congrats to all our winners. We won week 4, team!!

🏆🏆🏆 AND TO GUTBUSTERS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 4!! 🏆🏆🏆

Go check it out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777095/team-gutbusters-january#latest
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Welcome to the first week for February, Gutbusters! For those of you who are new to the group, here are some weigh-in FAQs:
    • When do I post my weigh-in?
    Post on your "scheduled weigh-in day". So, if you posted a weight in the New Member Registration thread on a Tuesday, then your scheduled weigh-in day will be each Tuesday of the month. Let me know if you have a question.
    • Why is Week 1 beginning on Sunday? Haven't we been already posted our starting weights?
    Think of it as a first birthday. You're born, then you must live a whole year before you can celebrate being 1. In this challenge, you post a starting weight, then you have a whole week to work on weight loss before you post your Week 1 weigh-in.
    • How do I post my weigh-in?

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: Week 1
    PW: Previous Weight in pounds
    CW: Current Weight in pounds
    • What's my previous weight?
    If you're new, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever weight you posted in the New Member Registration thread or check out the current spreadsheet to see what your posted info says. If you're returning, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever your weight was in the last week of the previous month.
    • Team Dynamics!
    A successful month will also include checking in each day with our team. Strive to become acquainted with everyone on the team and encourage each other in the successes and failures we will all experience. Our members are invited to post daily following the guidelines of another challenge called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). Very simple, but effective, in keeping us focused on our health goals. Please feel free to join that monthly challenge as well. @RangerRickL does a fantastic job there of keeping us motivated daily. I don’t think I’d be as far along on my journey if it wasn’t for TBL and UAC. If you’d like to participate in those guidelines, post this daily with the results.
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Along with our daily check-ins we will also have mini challenges weekly. I do not want to be the person coming up with these ideas so if you think of something that may be a good challenge during the week you can post the ideas on the monthly thread or send them to me privately.
    • I'm still confused. (ME TOO LOL!)
    Who can help me?
    Just ask a question here and tag me (@keepingtrack1234). I want you to succeed as much as I want success for ourselves. If you miss your weigh-in, we will message you to remind you. Because I care. If you need to drop out for the month, we’ll hate to see you go but just let us know. Feel free to private message us if you need to.

So, bear with me...I am learning too and have already made mistakes lol

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:
    @33sandy1223
    @66Pinkie
    @Sillycat1975

Username
    February Week 1
    PW:
    CW:

• Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Feb 3
    Exercised? Yes. Walking
    Calories? Probably not
    Tracked? No
  • BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Tracked? Yes
    Calorie limit? Yes
    Exercise? Today has been busy busy nonstop with chores and cooking half this weeks meals in advance from the time I got up til just now lol (husband works out of town and I send him with meals to save money on him eating out, plus its healthier so win win lol) but still plan on doing some strength training before bed. Don't want to waste me meeting my protein and fiber goal today so I'm going to say this counts as my atleast 20 mins haha.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Exercised:yes
    Tracked: yep
    Calories: nope. I had a little "situation" with some wheat thins lol.
    Onwards!
  • 33sandy1223
    33sandy1223 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    33sandy1223
    feb. week 1
    pw 196
    cw 196.6
  • BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Onwards!

Well atleast your situation involved whole grains haha. Silver lining lol.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    BB_1033 wrote: »
    Onwards!

Well atleast your situation involved whole grains haha. Silver lining lol.

I basically told myself the same thing...it wasn't sugar??? 😂😂
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    February 4
    Exercised? No. Just grocery shopping and cooking. Weather was very hot.
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Happy First Monday of...February! How are you feeling today? Ready to tackle the week? Do you have your habits in place to help you reach your bigger goal? My healthy lunch, full of tons of healthy hearty foods (and no wheat thins! :) is ready to go! How are you setting yourself up today for success? With that in mind...

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:
    @abigail659
    @audreypawdrey
    @BB_1033
    @Coccolino30
    @Kaj848
    @looneycatblue
    @metubal
    Username
    February Week 1
    PW:
    CW:

Still hoping to hear from:
    @66Pinkie
    @Sillycat1975

Have a wonderful day, team! And let's hear about a habit you are working to create to help you meet your bigger goals!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Sunday:

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, walking Zoe for 15 minutes, cleanup and setup at church for 15 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, as much as possible (Super Bowl party)
This discussion has been closed.