TEAM: Gutbusters (March)

Options

Replies

• allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 45 minutes on treadmill with hill

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes!

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes!!

Did WAY better today!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    March 3
    Exercised? Yes. Gym, treadmill & bike 40 mins
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's TUESDAY!
    Today we’re looking for a weigh-in from:
    @Kenyaa3
    @tuddy315--will you be joining us this month? I know you said you needed some time off, but wanted to check in! :)

We are still waiting to hear from Monday crew! Please weigh in when you can!
    @audreypawdrey
    @BB_1033
    @lacatgirl
    @Metubal

Please post using this template:
    Username
    March Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    @Kenyaa3
    March Week 1
    PW:257.2
    CW:254.8

I’m ready March! Has anyone ever tried Intermittent Fasting? I’m giving it a try this week. I’m doing the 16:8 where I eat within an 8 hour period and the rest of the 16 hrs a day I don’t eat anything. Just water, tea, or coffee. What I like about it, is it doesn’t restrict ever you eat within the 8 hours but first advise you eat sensibly. I figured why not give it a try. Started yesterday and it wasn’t bad at all.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Kenyaa3 wrote: »
    @Kenyaa3
    March Week 1
    PW:257.2
    CW:254.8

I’m ready March! Has anyone ever tried Intermittent Fasting? I’m giving it a try this week. I’m doing the 16:8 where I eat within an 8 hour period and the rest of the 16 hrs a day I don’t eat anything. Just water, tea, or coffee. What I like about it, is it doesn’t restrict ever you eat within the 8 hours but first advise you eat sensibly. I figured why not give it a try. Started yesterday and it wasn’t bad at all.

I do a version of this! I eat only between 6AM and 6PM. I feel SO MUCH BETTER when I am consistent with this--sometimes weekends, we eat out or have friends over and it changes a bit, but otherwise...it's great!
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • lindewey
    lindewey Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had a good day today tracking food and exercising did 50 minutes of strength training. Tracked my food and stayed within my calories. Downfall is that I am sitting here really hungry and trying to drink lots of water to curb the grumbling. Uugh
  • Colleen790
    Options
    lacatgirl wrote: »
    lacatgirl
    March 3, Week 1 - 174.4

Hi All,
    I just got my blood test results from the cardiologist - not great!! I have to start eating more whole grains and fruits and veggies and cut out white foods and fats.

I have been dieting all my life and honestly I cringe when foods become "off limit"! I think that I eat fairly well but apparently not well enough!

So, I will be trying to do better. Repeat blood test in three months and if my numbers do not improve I will have to go on medicine.

Feeling very depressed :(

I also got my blood tests today and my cholesterol is high. I have to curtail my diet to try to lower my cholesterol also or may have to go on medication. Will have to concentrate on healthy fats like nuts, olive oil, avocados.
  • Colleen790
    Options
    March 4
    Exercised? No. Went grocery shopping and got a flat battery.
    Calories? Yes in budget
    Tracked? Yes
  • hsurbhi
    hsurbhi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    March 4
    Exercise - Not really. Walked for almost 25 minutes
    Under Budget- yeah even in Office party I tried to eat calmly.. under 35 cal Calories . It’s good.
    Logged- yeah
  • Tickie99
    Tickie99 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Tickie99
    March Week 1
    PW: 175.0
    CW: 176.2
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    lacatgirl wrote: »
    lacatgirl
    March 3, Week 1 - 174.4

Hi All,
    I just got my blood test results from the cardiologist - not great!! I have to start eating more whole grains and fruits and veggies and cut out white foods and fats.

I have been dieting all my life and honestly I cringe when foods become "off limit"! I think that I eat fairly well but apparently not well enough!

So, I will be trying to do better. Repeat blood test in three months and if my numbers do not improve I will have to go on medicine.

Feeling very depressed :(

Actually have a small problem with this and it depends on what the results of the blood tests are.

There are 3 types of cholesterol LDL, HDL and Triglycerides.

LDL is the "bad" cholesterol (in general)
    HDL is the "good" cholesterol (in general)
    Triglycerides are "free fats"

If you have a low HDL, and a high LDL cholesterol count then the triglycerides can create fatty deposits on the artery walls raising the risk of heart disease.

If you have a high HDL and a moderate or low LDL then this lowers the chance of heart disease.

Pretty much all natural fats, except trans fats, raise HDL more than LDL. You want more HDL.

Trans fats are usually from oils cooked at high temperatures (particularly vegetable oils) - eg. food fried in oil. Trans fats affect the body's ability to regulate HDL and LDL cholesterol.

Whole grains, fruits (not fruit juice) and vegetables are good. Natural fats are also good.

(Whole grains does not mean whole grain bread :) )

The "white foods" are considered to be processed foods rice, flour, pasta, cereals, sugar, etc... These should be limited in a diet, but not completely off limits. The white foods also tend to be very calorie dense and not highly satiating. If counting calories you would tend to avoid these anyway.

"White foods" DO NOT include: fish, chicken, pork, eggs, dairy, nuts, cauliflower, etc.. Whole, largely unprocessed food that happens to be white should be fine.

Hope this all makes sense.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    glouis4 wrote: »
    GLouis4
    March Week 1
    PW: 178.1
    CW: 171.0

Think it’s water loss cause I’ve been sick; we’ll see next week

WOW! Nice loss! Hope you're feeling better!!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, just looking for a weigh in from:
    @inshapeCK

Please post using this template:
    Username
    March Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,340 Member
    Options
    tuddy315
    March week 1
    PW: 209.4
    CW: 210.4
    Not as bad as I thought it would be for being gone for 10 days
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    glouis4 wrote: »
    GLouis4
    March Week 1
    PW: 178.1
    CW: 171.0

Think it’s water loss cause I’ve been sick; we’ll see next week

Oh my! That is a huge loss, even considering that you were sick. Are you feeling any better?
This discussion has been closed.