WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - March 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Oh, and one more point. Since I announced I was retiring, the stock market has plummeted. It's my fault. Now you know.

It was bloated and needed an intervention. Thanks! No more cookies for the stock market!

It is always wonderful when you write us a book :smiley: and your reflections on how things finally, finally change ring true. I have had the same experience. The cookie moments still happen, but a lot of the struggle is past. Those last few dream pounds are fun to go after, but I am also not so sure I'll get there. I enjoy the long path to try, though.
  • jugar
    Options
    @Terytha - I see your wonderful nerd post of this morning, and raise you one from the most nerdy sound guy I know:
    ar5flsnvxu9w.png
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    And it's Zumba today!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @jugar That's wonderful I love it.

Mine was this, for everyone else. Fear no coronavirus!

brgwzhqip0mi.jpg
  • jugar
    Options
    Hey, It's been a while since I checked in, Surgery went well, tomorrow will be two weeks. Recovery also going great except for a drainage port. Can't wait till I get the last drainage port removed. Its driving me crazy's, having this tube in my hip and every time I move it burns like crazy. I also want to get on the scale but don't want to with this drainage port still in. I haven't weighed myself in over 2 weeks. Can't wait to go back to the gym, I have to wait 4 more weeks. Take care

So good to have this news!! Yes, recovery can drive you crazy. And YES you're doing well. The scale will wait, patiently and quietly, in its obscure corner somewhere. There is no hurry to dig it back out. Hugs to you :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Announcement!

I will no longer be logging my exercises into MFP, as I prefer (and believe) the calorie readings from my Fitbit.

End of announcement.

This cracks me up. "Announcement!" I agree that any measurement that actually takes into consideration your age and size (at the very least) is superior to the generalised measurements you get from MFP!
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

[/quote]

This is great progress - and you discovered something that works. Sleep and water - sounds possible and then you can add more movement as time goes by. Even if you don't have time for "official" exercise, try to keep as much movement in your day as you can. The water helps - lots of walks are needed! And add more steps for everyday things. Forget things so you have to go back and get them, go twice around the block to the shop instead of once, get up and do a few squats every hour or two, whatever it takes. Every little bit helps![/quote]

Great tips...I tried the shop one today and it was very helpful. I just noticed the pasta has run out from the big supermarkets so I went to the little ones and they had lots of pasta. It helped me increase my step count.

Monday 5142
  • graceojo999
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Announcement!

I will no longer be logging my exercises into MFP, as I prefer (and believe) the calorie readings from my Fitbit.

End of announcement.

😂😂..I noticed my walking app gives different calculations too.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Monday check in. Had a lot of coffee today! Sure felt early when the alarm went off this morning. Did my workout without any technical difficulties so that was nice. Finally got caught up on all my documentation at work and wrote a few reports before I started my afternoon kids sessions. Got home and it was light out forever! So great. We did fondue night and had a really fun family dinner. Ready for bed soon so I can do it again tomorrow. I'm thinking a barre workout for tomorrow morning!
    @mathewsfive Glad everything went well and hope you ditch the drain port soon.
    @Terytha Sounds like a long day for you. Hope things get better.
    @YinxFed Sounds like the Fitbit gives you much better info on your calorie burn!
  • graceojo999
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I didn't even get 1000 steps today. 8 hour classes are tough. Hopefully we get done early tomorrow. This class is boring as heck. -_-

My weight is up but who could be surprised? I'm very stressed and not sleeping. I think we may have to flee the province and I don't know if we can. If we can, we'll have to go somewhere far from everyone we know and love. If we can't, both of us might end up unemployed or worse.

I'm so angry. So scared. To be driven from my home... what a horrible year this is becoming.

Hang in there. I’ll say a prayer for you and your family. Of course the bodies natural reaction to stress is to hold on to what weight it can to protect itself. Drink lots of water, avoid caffeine, avoid little naps during the day, don’t worry too much because all you can do is your best and God will take care of the rest. I wouldn’t worry about weight loss too much...It’s normal to go up and down again. All the best
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 3/9 = 8388

Have a good day everyone !
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Mon: 8206

Mon food: Nailed it 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🌺❤️
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Well, not so happy on the how-much-it-will-cost-to-get-my-car-fixed front. Ugh. Sometimes I start to wonder if the people who advocate perpetual leasing are right after all. I like my car, but it is costing a LOT of money this year.

Otherwise things are OK!! I just made a batch of yogurt and a batch of sorbet, and I'm sticking with my avoidance of grains for the week. Over the past 2-3 weeks I find myself overeating anything with grains, so it is back to getting all my carbs from veggies and fruits again. I mindlessly finished a lot of millet pudding, and got into a habit of getting cheese bread sticks every time I'm in the bakery part of the grocery store. Time for a break.

@Terytha - you've got me worried! Unemployed "or worse"? Yikes. I hope it all settles down - this sounds serious. :heart:
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    So the 5K people gave us the option of deferring our entry to next years race... I am not sure what to do... this race is in conjunction with the St Patrick's day parade, so attendance is around 50k people, they aren't cancelling either... I'm not super worried about corona virus as it stands, but I am leery of putting myself and my husband who has heart disease in an environment where we don't have to be while this is going on... hmmmmm...
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I didn't even get 1000 steps today. 8 hour classes are tough. Hopefully we get done early tomorrow. This class is boring as heck. -_-

My weight is up but who could be surprised? I'm very stressed and not sleeping. I think we may have to flee the province and I don't know if we can. If we can, we'll have to go somewhere far from everyone we know and love. If we can't, both of us might end up unemployed or worse.

I'm so angry. So scared. To be driven from my home... what a horrible year this is becoming.

I must have missed an earlier post explaining why you have to leave your home or be unemployed, but I truly hope life settles down for you soon and you can have some sense of normalcy, @Terytha.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

I must have missed an earlier post explaining why you have to leave your home or be unemployed, but I truly hope life settles down for you soon and you can have some sense of normalcy, @Terytha.

No, I didn't really post about it.

I work in oil and gas, and husband works for provincial healthcare. My industry is collapsing (it's in the news) and the current government hates all it's own workers and wants him to take a pay cut or lay him off because he's "overpaid." Oh, and they've also done their absolute best to drive away and shut down every industry that isn't oil and gas, so neither of us have anywhere to go.

Except to leave the province probably even though this has always been my home.

I hate, I HATE him so much, I'm sick with hate for our premier and our government and everyone who voted for them. I'm sick with fear that we'll get stuck here, unemployed or underemployed and unable to afford food or housing.

I am taking it all very personally and I'm more scared than I've ever been.
  • jugar
    Options
    So the 5K people gave us the option of deferring our entry to next years race... I am not sure what to do... this race is in conjunction with the St Patrick's day parade, so attendance is around 50k people, they aren't cancelling either... I'm not super worried about corona virus as it stands, but I am leery of putting myself and my husband who has heart disease in an environment where we don't have to be while this is going on... hmmmmm...

That's a tough choice - and the numbers are changing every day. My husband has severe asthma and other health issues, so I am also super careful about travel right now. Where we live there are no cases yet, but I don't think I'd take part in any large gathering where I would be in crowds for a long period of time. Good luck with that decision :grimace:
This discussion has been closed.