DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - March 2020

Options

Replies

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Check-in Tuesday 3/10
    Steps: 16,240
    Calories: Over and lots of sodium--the scale shows it today--hopefully it drops back before tomorrow's weigh day. I have everything pre-logged to help stay on track today.
    Plank Challenge: Day 9 done

I made it to the gym this morning even though I really just wanted to lay in bed-so I kind of feel like a winner.

Happy Wednesday!

• dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Late post as I was so upset at myself.
    Weight 223.2lbs
    Over calories
    Under steps
    Any spare motivation going send it my way plz xx
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Weight 223.2lbs
    Over calories
    Under steps

Sending all the motivation I have to spare. :) Try not to be too hard on yourself. Accept that you made mistakes and you're moving on. I truly understand the anger, though. It's hard to let go of it sometimes. Just try to comfort yourself the way you would a good friend going through the same thing.
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Weight 223.2lbs
    Over calories
    Under steps

It took just about everything I had to get going this morning...I made it though...so what's left is all yours. Better days ahead!🌺
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    Weight 223.2lbs
    Over calories
    Under steps

Try not to be hard on yourself. Every day is a day for a fresh start.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Weight 223.2lbs
    Over calories
    Under steps

The tip I shared today on my MFP timeline.....

•Don't Aim for Perfection and Forgive Yourself

You do not have to be perfect to lose weight.

If you have an "all or nothing" approach, you're less likely to achieve your goals.

When you are too restrictive, you may find yourself saying "I had a hamburger and fries for lunch, so I might as well have pizza for dinner." Instead, try to say, "I had a big lunch, so I should aim for a healthier dinner".

And avoid beating yourself up when you make a mistake. Self-defeating thoughts will just hinder your motivation.

Instead, forgive yourself. Remember that one mistake is not going to ruin your progress.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 50 minute walk
    Steps: 3/10 9,090
    Water: success

My cold is getting better but I was sneezing so hard on Sunday I pulled muscles in my side. Swimming is out for the week as it hurts when I take a deep breath. We have decided not to go to the buffet so I am waiting for hubby to pick a new restaurant. We are also going to sugar bush for his birthday on Sunday. We will be having pancakes and farmers sausage for breakfast.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Tuesday 03/11

Calories: under
    Water: 2,200L
    Steps: 12,352
    Exercise: REST DAY

Good morning ☀️ hope everyone is keeping safe with all this craziness going on with the virus. We’ve been keeping home mostly and trying to just keep ourselves busy cleaning house.

I got my workout in this morning and about to hit the shower. After that it’s homeschooling until lunch. This afternoon I plan on continuing clearing out my basement. Got lots done yesterday but still have so so much left to go.

The scales are at a standstill today. Fingers crossed after today it starts going back down.

MARCH GOALS:

•Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    •Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    •Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    •Workouts -
    Sun - Sunday Funday Walk
    Mon - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻) + Monday Zumba
    Tue - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Wed - REST DAY
    Thu - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Fri - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Sat - Saturday Morning 5K
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    UTMom81
    Week 2
    Previous: 171
    Current: 169.8
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Check-in Tuesday 3/10
    Steps: 16,240
    Calories: Over and lots of sodium--the scale shows it today--hopefully it drops back before tomorrow's weigh day. I have everything pre-logged to help stay on track today.
    Plank Challenge: Day 9 done

I made it to the gym this morning even though I really just wanted to lay in bed-so I kind of feel like a winner.

Happy Wednesday!

Sodium is my biggest enemy for sure!

You are a winner!
  • Kres567
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    UTMom81
    Week 2

Go Tami!!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Weight 223.2lbs
    Over calories
    Under steps

Focus on one thing that will really make you feel good about your day and feel more in control. Is it logging your food so you will be under or at your calorie goal? Or is it getting your steps in. I know moving more for me is what helps me feel better no matter what.

Today is a new day - look forward bit backward!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    UTMom81
    Week 2

Way to go on the loss!
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 247.0
    CW: 247.2
    Next week--no excuses!
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Check-in for Wednesday
    Steps: 22,538
    Calories: good-pre-logging does help
    Plank Challenge: Day 10 done-it's getting to be pretty tough

Made it to the gym this morning for squats and deadlifts then out for couch potato to 5k...my legs are done for the day. Still need to plank.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday Check in

Exercise: 55 minute walk
    Steps 3/11 10,120

Still have pain back/side. I will give it another few days and if it doesn’t improve I will go see the doctor. I got my walk in but it was at a slow pace. Nervous about tomorrow’s weigh in as my weight has been up all week. I do check in and my calories are under but twice this week I ended up eating more after check in so I ended up being over. Next week I have to get a grip on eating after 9 pm. They canceled schools here for two weeks after March break due to the virus. I will have my granddaughters a fair amount the next 3 weeks. They like to walk to Tim Hortons with me, so I have to stick to a tea and maybe lunch there once or twice durning that period.

Tomorrow’s goals
    1. Walk minimum 30 minutes
    2. 9 cups of water
    3. 9000 steps or more
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Thursday Check in

Exercise: 55 minute walk
    Steps 3/11 10,120

Still have pain back/side. I will give it another few days and if it doesn’t improve I will go see the doctor. I got my walk in but it was at a slow pace. Nervous about tomorrow’s weigh in as my weight has been up all week. I do check in and my calories are under but twice this week I ended up eating more after check in so I ended up being over. Next week I have to get a grip on eating after 9 pm. They canceled schools here for two weeks after March break due to the virus. I will have my granddaughters a fair amount the next 3 weeks. They like to walk to Tim Hortons with me, so I have to stick to a tea and maybe lunch there once or twice durning that period.

Tomorrow’s goals
    1. Walk minimum 30 minutes
    2. 9 cups of water
    3. 9000 steps or more

Oh, Linda, I hate that you are having pain! How amazing that you were able to do your walk even though you were hurting like that. I hope it gets better and you can avoid the doctor's visit. I also hope you enjoy having your granddaughters while they are out of school. Sounds like you have a working plan for that time, so you go, girl!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Catching up on Steps (sorry!):
    3/7- 10,372
    3/8- 12,268
    3/9- 8,287
    3/10- 9,812
    3/11- 10,927
    3/12- 9,962

Obviously, I haven't been paying attention or on 3/10 and 3/12, I'd have done enough to get over 10K. Sigh. Need to be more intentional about this! I'm off work for spring break and possible longer due to the hysteria over this stupid virus, so I'll have more time I guess to be more intentional. Maybe I make a goal for pounds lost by the time I have to go back to work! LOL Maybe have something positive come out of all this nonsense.
This discussion has been closed.