DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - March 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    We were hit with self-isolating here in Calgary. My family and I are all fine but it was certainly a challenge to stay indoors. I did okay except for some baking I did. Tomorrow will be back to the schedule regardless of working from home or office. If I work from home I think I’m going to pack my lunch as I would for the office and see if that keeps me from sneaking into the fridge and pantry.

Goals for tomorrow:
    1. Workout in the morning
    2. Drink 100oz of water
    3. Walk at lunch
    4. Log everything

That’s a great idea to pack your lunch as if you are going to the office. Good luck with the self isolating.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    We were hit with self-isolating here in Calgary. My family and I are all fine but it was certainly a challenge to stay indoors. I did okay except for some baking I did. Tomorrow will be back to the schedule regardless of working from home or office. If I work from home I think I’m going to pack my lunch as I would for the office and see if that keeps me from sneaking into the fridge and pantry.

Goals for tomorrow:
    2. Drink 100oz of water
    3. Walk at lunch
    4. Log everything

Jen, are they asking you to stay indoors? I'm hoping if/when they quarantine us, it will just be keeping us from going places, not walking outside etc. Anyway, sounds like your strategy for working from home is a good one, including packing your lunch. Good job!

• UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    kguin0323 wrote: »
    kguin0323
    Weigh in Sunday
    PW 175.6
    CW 176.8

I just need to track everyday to stop going back and forth... I know for me it doesn't have to be so much working hard to lose weight if I just think hard- mentally prepare the day, make good choices, use the tracker. That's the plan- get my head in the game.

That is SO important! So much of this is a mental battle, in so many ways.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: 20 minute walk with dog
    Steps 03/14 9,184
    Water not enough as I drank too much tea and coffee again

My eating was much better this weekend. I still could have made better choices but I ended up in the green all weekend. Friday I thought I was slightly over but Molly dragged me out at 11pm so the added steps saved my butt. My back/side is feeling a lot better. I am still going to sleep with a heating pad tonight but things are looking up.

Monday’s goals
    1. Walk at least 45 minutes
    2. Minimum 9000 steps
    3. Drink at least 72 oz water
    4. Try to be a little calmer over the virus situation
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Saturday 03/14

Water: 2.625L
    Steps: 14,693
    Exercise: Saturday Morning 5K

Daily Check-in: Sunday 03/15

Calories: over
    Water: 1,875L
    Steps: 8,023
    Exercise: Took a rest day.

Happy Monday team. I’m sorry I haven’t properly checked in this weekend. It was not a great one. Things have gone a little insane here since Friday. It was announced that everything will close down with the exception of grocery stores, pharmacies, and medical facilities. My gym closed down and it did something to me. I found out Saturday morning and I haven’t slept properly since. The gym is my only therapy at the moment and I am struggling with the fact that I can’t go. No excuses though. Today I went out for a 30 minute run and came home and started the insanity program again. It’s been ages since I’ve done it. It’s a months long program so it should be good for the entire time everything is closed down.

MARCH GOALS:

Do the best I can do.
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

a little is better than an increase so I'll take it.

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin week: 03/09/2020
    Weighin day: Monday
    Previous weight: 213.6
    Current weight: 213.0

Calories over/under: under
    Water: most of my water has been via tea and coffee so definitely need more water.
    Excercise: I've been painting my house all week so yes but need to get in cardio
    Goals for this week: hopefully I can go to the gym. if not, I'll just go for a walk and use my TRX.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Check-in for the weekend:

3/14
    Steps: 19,593
    Calories: good
    Plank Challenge: Day 13-done (0 seconds, I am good at this😉)

3/15
    Steps : 21,027
    Calories: OK-had a couple of drinks and ordered a Calzone from the local pizza place. Not exactly the best choice for nutrition, but MFP says I'm within calories if I include exercise calories.
    Plank Challenge: Day 14-done, but I'm not sure how much farther I'll make it, it's getting seriously difficult for me.

Stay safe.
    Happy Monday!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-in for the weekend:

3/14
    Steps: 19,593
    Calories: good
    Plank Challenge: Day 13-done (0 seconds, I am good at this😉)

3/15
    Steps : 21,027
    Calories: OK-had a couple of drinks and ordered a Calzone from the local pizza place. Not exactly the best choice for nutrition, but MFP says I'm within calories if I include exercise calories.
    Plank Challenge: Day 14-done, but I'm not sure how much farther I'll make it, it's getting seriously difficult for me.

Stay safe.
    Happy Monday!

Gotcha I’m for the weekend steps. I can’t seem to find your Friday steps? Can you just give me that number again?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/13: 12,966
  • dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in 222.0 small loss but it's a loss.
    Steps this week lower at 37308 but to be honest been confined to a chair at my job.....retail 🥴🥴. Madness at it's best.
    Here's hoping to improve my steps and weight loss xxx
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »

a little is better than an increase so I'll take it.

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin week: 03/09/2020
    Weighin day: Monday
    Previous weight: 213.6
    Current weight: 213.0

Calories over/under: under
    Water: most of my water has been via tea and coffee so definitely need more water.
    Excercise: I've been painting my house all week so yes but need to get in cardio
    Goals for this week: hopefully I can go to the gym. if not, I'll just go for a walk and use my TRX.

Way to go on the loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Week 3 weigh in 222.0 small loss but it's a loss.
    Steps this week lower at 37308 but to be honest been confined to a chair at my job.....retail 🥴🥴. Madness at it's best.
    Here's hoping to improve my steps and weight loss xxx

Congrats on the loss!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Monday 03/16

Water: 2.250
    Steps: 13,076
    Exercise: 30 min run 🏃🏻‍♀️+ Insanity Workout

Welp, France is officiay on lockdown. We must have a form to leave the house and it’s one person at a time. We are allowed to go out alone for workout purposes or to walk dogs so that’s what I’ll be doing every morning plus my insanity videos. I’m feeling very stressed and unmotivated but I will not make excuses. I got out today with the hound and plan to continue though out this madness. I’m continuing home schooling for the kids and getting them outdoors for some fresh air and exercise. Husband is working from home and we are all just trying to keep sane and not kill each other.

MARCH GOALS:

• survive the Corona Virus Lockdown
    • do the best I can under these circumstances
    • don’t make excuses
    • Do my workouts each day...as best I can

Sunday - REST DAY
    Mon - Sat
    30 min run 🏃🏻‍♀️+ Insanity 🏋🏻‍♀️

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday Check In

Exercise: 30 minute walk
    Water: success
    Steps: 3/15 6,628
    3/15 8,711

I spent all day yesterday glued to the tv watching press conferences. Today Ontario declared a state of emergency. It is not a provincial shutdown but closes more than previously closed. It also makes more emergency funds available. I am also stressed about the situation as my Dad is in Florida still (he is a snowbird). I am trying to get him to go home while he can.

Today’s goals
    1. Go for a walk ( minimum 45 minutes)
    2. Get 9000 steps minimum
    3. Stay informed without being glued to tv
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Monday 03/16

Water: 2.250
    Steps: 13,076
    Exercise: 30 min run 🏃🏻‍♀️+ Insanity Workout

Welp, France is officiay on lockdown. We must have a form to leave the house and it’s one person at a time. We are allowed to go out alone for workout purposes or to walk dogs so that’s what I’ll be doing every morning plus my insanity videos. I’m feeling very stressed and unmotivated but I will not make excuses. I got out today with the hound and plan to continue though out this madness. I’m continuing home schooling for the kids and getting them outdoors for some fresh air and exercise. Husband is working from home and we are all just trying to keep sane and not kill each other.

MARCH GOALS:

• survive the Corona Virus Lockdown
    • do the best I can under these circumstances
    • don’t make excuses
    • Do my workouts each day...as best I can

Sunday - REST DAY
    Mon - Sat
    30 min run 🏃🏻‍♀️+ Insanity 🏋🏻‍♀️

Hugs! I can’t imagine what it is like for you.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »

Goals for tomorrow:
    2. Drink 100oz of water
    3. Walk at lunch
    4. Log everything

Jen, are they asking you to stay indoors? I'm hoping if/when they quarantine us, it will just be keeping us from going places, not walking outside etc. Anyway, sounds like your strategy for working from home is a good one, including packing your lunch. Good job!

Hi Tami - it quite yet. Not like where mari_moulin is yet. Although people on my neighbourhood Facebook page are not happy seeing kids together at the park. I don’t know where this will go (because we are trying to get ahead of and flatten the curve of cases) but I fear it will get worse.

Today is my first day working from home. I woke up and did a power walk. Now to keep my food in check.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Here is a list of some YouTube channels/videos people have suggested in the past to me. I thought they maybe helpful.

Fitness Blender
    Pop sugar fitness
    Sydney Cummings
    Leslie Sansone
    Fitness Marshall
    Yoga with Adrienne
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Here is a list of some YouTube channels/videos people have suggested in the past to me. I thought they maybe helpful.

Fitness Blender
    Pop sugar fitness
    Sydney Cummings
    Leslie Sansone
    Fitness Marshall
    Yoga with Adrienne

This is perfect Linda! This is exactly what needs to be shared. There is always a way! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.