DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - March 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,556 Member
    Options
    PW 209.0
    CW 210.8

I was going to just log my weight in the spreadsheet and not post it here but it is only fair I share that I am struggling. Daytimes and early evening are no trouble for me. It is the weekends(especially Saturday’s) and after 830pm. I have to get a grip.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 216
    Current weight: 215.2

Going to do what I did this week to hopefully get the same result. Slow and steady is my reality
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Check-in for 3/12
    Steps: 25,838 (mowing grass results in quite a few steps even though my Fitbit recognizes it as "outdoor bike"?)
    Calories: good
    Plank Challenge Day 11: done

A couple of high activity days in a row-so today is a planned rest day. I will still do the plank challenge and should get plenty of steps with a bunch of errands to run and shopping to do.

I did squats and deadlifts yesterday. There's probably some physiological explanation, but for me, the day after big lifting is "Big Hungry Day". I feel like eating everything in large quantities. 🌮🥩🥓🧀🥞

I have the day pre-planned and pre-logged...

Happy Friday the Thirteenth!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Thursday 03/12

Calories: under
    Water: 2,5L
    Steps: 20,090
    Exercise: Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)

Running late again. Crazy day for me today. Got up super early to make sure I fit my workout in. No excuses! I Had a couple of appointments this morning then this afternoon did my sons homeschooling and outdoor playtime. I refuse to have him sit in front of the tv all day long. The scale is going back down today so I’m happy about that. And....after weeks of rain the sun is out ☀️❤️. Things are pretty calm here with the virus situation. It got a little crazy last week but it seems things are calming down. Everything is still shut down with the exception of grocery stores and some restaurants and government buildings. Just gotta take things one day at a time here.

MARCH GOALS:

•Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    •Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    •Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    •Workouts -
    Sun - Sunday Funday Walk
    Mon - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻) + Monday Zumba
    Tue - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Wed - REST DAY
    Thu - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Fri - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Sat - Saturday Morning 5K
  • ErinBEW
    ErinBEW Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Username: ErinBEW
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh day: Friday
    PW: 149.8
    CW: 150.2
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Jennt817
    Pw:138.9
    Cw: 138.7

Well it’s something! Something is better than nothin! 💕😊💕😊💕😊

Great job everyone! You got this!!! There is no such thing as a set back, just another opportunity to learn about yourself, your body- love who you are you deserve nothing less!!
    Jenn
  • jennt817
    Options
    PW 209.0
    CW 210.8

I was going to just log my weight in the spreadsheet and not post it here but it is only fair I share that I am struggling. Daytimes and early evening are no trouble for me. It is the weekends(especially Saturday’s) and after 830pm. I have to get a grip.

Some weeks are better than others but you are invested in the journey. I thrive on routine myself and do better when I pack my lunch unlike weekends! I was thinking of doing this myself too so I was thinking of packing my lunch on weekends. If I eat my salad for lunch then I won’t take such a hit on the weekends. Also, I try to pick a new meal from my eating well magazine and that perks me up to. I get excited and I feel like I’m treating myself- which we are. Taking the time to make something tasty and nutritious is great self care. You got this Linda! Also our bodies get into food ruts. Try changing your food choices during the week too. Those are things that help me when I feel like I’m getting off track! Looking at friends diaries help me too. I forget sometimes how much I enjoy oats, nuts, fish- a variety of foods to feel satiety 😊🌸😊🌸💕💕💕
  • jennt817
    Options
    Also- tea at night with honey helps me curb the night munchies - it really helps me...
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Cancellations due to the virus are coming in really fast here in Ontario. I just spoke to the place I go swimming and the fitness center and the pool have been closed until further notice. I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. Walking will continue to be my main source of fitness for now.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jennt817 wrote: »
    Jennt817
    Pw:138.9
    Cw: 138.7

Well it’s something! Something is better than nothin! 💕😊💕😊💕😊

Great job everyone! You got this!!! There is no such thing as a set back, just another opportunity to learn about yourself, your body- love who you are you deserve nothing less!!
    Jenn

Congrats 🥳 on the loss!
  • mylifeasoliveoil
    mylifeasoliveoil Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Username: mylifeasoliveoil
    Weighin week: 2
    Weighin day: Friday
    Previous weight: 212.8
    Current weight: 214.2
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jennt817 wrote: »
    PW 209.0
    CW 210.8

Some weeks are better than others but you are invested in the journey. I thrive on routine myself and do better when I pack my lunch unlike weekends! I was thinking of doing this myself too so I was thinking of packing my lunch on weekends. If I eat my salad for lunch then I won’t take such a hit on the weekends. Also, I try to pick a new meal from my eating well magazine and that perks me up to. I get excited and I feel like I’m treating myself- which we are. Taking the time to make something tasty and nutritious is great self care. You got this Linda! Also our bodies get into food ruts. Try changing your food choices during the week too. Those are things that help me when I feel like I’m getting off track! Looking at friends diaries help me too. I forget sometimes how much I enjoy oats, nuts, fish- a variety of foods to feel satiety 😊🌸😊🌸💕💕💕

I do tend to eat the same things over and over. I tend to eat eggs and toast for breakfast and lunch. I am going to spend this weekend researching some new recipes.
  • jennt817
    Options
    You’re doing great Linda! You inspire me everyday!!! 💕🌸😊

This virus is definitely making it hard to eat well, feel good and get exercise. You’re sooo dedicated as you continue to remain focused and find creative ways to get your exercise. Walking is great exercise! You got this!!! 💕😊💕😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday check in

Calories: slightly over
    Exercise: 55 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Going to venture to the Walmart superstore in the morning. We are going when it opens at 7am to beat the lineups. Not sure what the stock on the shelves will look like. We are going to sugar bush for hubby’s birthday tomorrow and then having an old fashioned fudge cake after. I will have to make sure I get my walk in to burn the cake off.

Saturday’s goals
    1. 45 minute walk
    2. 9000 step minimum
    3. meet water goal
  • Kres567
    Options
    ErinBEW wrote: »
    Username: ErinBEW
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh day: Friday
    PW: 149.8
    CW: 150.2

That small loss will come off in no time!
  • Kres567
    Options
    It’s so cold and blizzardy here today. All I want to do is lie on the couch, watch movies and eat chips and baked goods all weekend!!! But I won’t!

Goals for the weekend:
    1. Workout both mornings
    2. Get at least 10K steps each day
    3. Get my 100oz of water in at least
    4. Weigh and log everything
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in:
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Weigh-in week: 2
    Previous weight: 189.2
    Today’s weight: 187.8

Daily Check-in: Friday 03/13

Water: 2.5L
    Steps: 12,085

Finally! Down more than a few ounces! I am so incredibly pleased and feeling so positive about my recent changes. It’s been 1 week since I took a leap of faith and followed my trainers instructions. I’ve upped my calories from 1450 to 1730 for a couple of days then pushed it to 2030! The scales have gone down and my measurements.....😲

Chest -0.4 cm
    Arm - 0.2 cm
    Waist -2.2 cm
    Hips - 1 cm
    Thigh - 0.6 cm
    Calf - same

Also feeling so much more energetic and positive. I was really dragging myself around for a long time only having enough energy to do my workouts and was feeling sluggish the rest of the day. I’m not hungry like ever or thinking about food constantly. I have to remind myself and make myself eat when my trainer said and struggling to get it all in. I cannot wait to see the results at my next weigh in a little over a week!

MARCH GOALS:

•Workouts -
    Sun - Sunday Funday Walk
    Wed - REST DAY
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in:
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Weigh-in week: 2
    Previous weight: 189.2
    Today’s weight: 187.8

Daily Check-in: Friday 03/13

Water: 2.5L
    Steps: 12,085

Finally! Down more than a few ounces! I am so incredibly pleased and feeling so positive about my recent changes. It’s been 1 week since I took a leap of faith and followed my trainers instructions. I’ve upped my calories from 1450 to 1730 for a couple of days then pushed it to 2030! The scales have gone down and my measurements.....😲

Chest -0.4 cm
    Arm - 0.2 cm
    Waist -2.2 cm
    Hips - 1 cm
    Thigh - 0.6 cm
    Calf - same

Also feeling so much more energetic and positive. I was really dragging myself around for a long time only having enough energy to do my workouts and was feeling sluggish the rest of the day. I’m not hungry like ever or thinking about food constantly. I have to remind myself and make myself eat when my trainer said and struggling to get it all in. I cannot wait to see the results at my next weigh in a little over a week!

MARCH GOALS:

•Workouts -
    Sun - Sunday Funday Walk
    Wed - REST DAY

Amazing progress!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited March 2020