• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    dzh3frlusbyk.jpeg
    Ok, Week 3 of the March Spring It Forward Challenge is Up! We start on Monday and here is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787221/march-spring-it-forward-photo-challenge#latest

In the middle of the pandemic, I am finding it hard to stay focused. So this week’s challenge is about comfort and positivity. Please try to take a few moments each day and focus on the positive. A million thank you’s to @sleepymom5 for coming up with these themes and the quote idea. See you on Monday!

Motivation Monday- "If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way" ~ Napoleon Hill
    What are some small things have done that made a difference? Have you left a few bites on you plate? Added more steps in your day? Maybe a few extra ounces of water? Are there small things that your are doing right now for self-care or to help out others? Post a photo or describe the little things that make a difference to you.

Transformation Tuesday- “If you can dream it you can do it" - Possibly Walt Disney
    What was your dream when you started this journey? What are your dreams now? Post a photo or describe your dreams.

Workout Wednesday- “Old God sure was in a good mood when he made this place” - Hunter S. Thompson
    Send a picture of your favorite place for tranquility, reflection self-care or a workout rest day. It could be anywhere inside or out. Share it with us!

Thirsty Thursday- “Cheers to life that has given me a number of reasons to fall and much more reasons to rise.” - Arpita Nema
    Post a photo or describe what you drink when you are relaxing. Do you like herbal tea or a glass of wine? May you are into juicing or a skinny cocktail?

Food for thought Friday- “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” - Virginia Woolf
    Ok, show us or describe your comfort food. It can be healthy or not, but we all have our favorite foods or meals that provide us comfort.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 216
    Current weight: 215.2

Going to do what I did this week to hopefully get the same result. Slow and steady is my reality

Great job, Jen! Keep up the good work!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: none
    Water: too much tea and coffee
    Steps 03/12 10,719
    03/13. 10,368

Grocery shopping was so stressful. I thought we would be seeing just toilet paper hard to find. It was crazy. There was a shortage of fruit, vegetables, milk, bread, eggs, pastas, canned items and the meat department did not have a big choice. I worry about people being able to feed their family’s due to the panicked buying that is happening right now.

• gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Weigh in 15th March
    gharvey2753
    Previous 166ibs
    Current 169.2 ibs

Wasn’t focused on losing this week had 2 KFCS’s a McDonald’s and an Indian, wasn’t good for the weight loss but tasted good :wink: Plan to focus this week on getting back on track.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Week 3
    Sunday
    P. W. 251
    C. W. 252
  • Kres567
    Options
    Weigh in 15th March
    gharvey2753
    Previous 166ibs
    Current 169.2 ibs

Wasn’t focused on losing this week had 2 KFCS’s a McDonald’s and an Indian, wasn’t good for the weight loss but tasted good :wink: Plan to focus this week on getting back on track.

Some of that will be water for sure and will come off on no time. Sounds like you already have a plan to put last week behind you!
  • zuzu_smartypants
    zuzu_smartypants Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    zuzu_smartypants
    Weigh in Sunday
    Previous weight 141
    Current weight 139.5 😊
  • kguin0323
    kguin0323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    kguin0323
    Weigh in Sunday
    PW 175.6
    CW 176.8

I just need to track everyday to stop going back and forth... I know for me it doesn't have to be so much working hard to lose weight if I just think hard- mentally prepare the day, make good choices, use the tracker. That's the plan- get my head in the game.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    tyflyxwe9gmn.jpg
    va1gjc5r3vv6.png
    29wun0lcpyty.png
    cb2k2suu6586.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.50%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.47%
    3rd Trimstones 0.36%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 19.7 Lbs
    2nd Shrinking Assets 19.5 Lbs
    3rd Trimstones 17.3 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Gidgitgoescrazy 3.74 %
    2nd @wrkonmedaily 2.16%
    3rd @vegan4lyfe2012 1.75 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @Gidgitgoescrazy 6.8 Lbs
    2nd @wrkonmedaily 5.6 Lbs
    3rd @vegan4lyfe2012 5.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @charlottemilton
    @eggfreak
    @jessicakrall8
    @Beka3695
    @TwinMomma2019
    @raleighgirl09
    @CharlesScott78
    @boehle
    @dillyg08

0zeh3omlrat2.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    zuzu_smartypants
    Weigh in Sunday
    Previous weight 141
    Current weight 139.5 😊

That’s an awesome loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    kguin0323 wrote: »
    kguin0323
    Weigh in Sunday
    PW 175.6
    CW 176.8

I just need to track everyday to stop going back and forth... I know for me it doesn't have to be so much working hard to lose weight if I just think hard- mentally prepare the day, make good choices, use the tracker. That's the plan- get my head in the game.

Keep with your plan! You got this!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Congrats to our top three losers!

0zeh3omlrat2.png

• charlottemilton
    charlottemilton Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    charlottemilton
    week 3 Sunday check-in
    Previous weight 255 lbs
    Current weight 254.5 lbs

After a couple of weeks of big losses for me only 1/2 lb this week. I still have a swollen knee from my fall last week. Even so, I was more active chasing a toddler and carrying a baby.

We are in remodel mode this week and staying in. Our schools, city and county offices closed to the public, and everyone in the area told to stay home except for work and necessary trips. I am not sure how demolition and painting count as exercise.

Goals for this week:
    Finish my sewing room redo
    Log every day
    Eat according to my doctor's orders
    Eat under calories
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    charlottemilton
    week 3 Sunday check-in
    Previous weight 255 lbs
    Current weight 254.5 lbs

After a couple of weeks of big losses for me only 1/2 lb this week. I still have a swollen knee from my fall last week. Even so, I was more active chasing a toddler and carrying a baby.

We are in remodel mode this week and staying in. Our schools, city and county offices closed to the public, and everyone in the area told to stay home except for work and necessary trips. I am not sure how demolition and painting count as exercise.

Goals for this week:
    Finish my sewing room redo
    Log every day
    Eat according to my doctor's orders
    Eat under calories

Congrats on the loss! Take care of your knee. You have solid goals for the week.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,190 Member
    Options
    NEWS FLASH: Something new in the spreadsheets!

You may notice that there is a new section on the spreadsheets - "Weeks in the Green".

This section will automatically track how many weeks a team member is "in the green" or loses weight - any amount. We are going to give this a try to help recognize the people who might be losing small amounts and never hit the winners list. They might lose small amounts, but they do it week after week - or at least more weeks than not.

Have a look - every week with a loss gets 1 point. At the end of March, we'll publish a list of those with a 3 or a 4 points along with all the other winners. Let's start to recognize the slow but steady people! I hope this will encourage fewer instances of someone losing a huge amount one week, and then bouncing back over the next week or two and becoming discouraged.

Please let me know if you see an problems, inaccuracies, or if you have ideas on other ways we might do this. Thanks!!

You can check it out at
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15kaVbWehvGJ6Dt8YBo1LxzUQxd4W-XEyKaOixJpU-OQ/edit?usp=sharing
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! B)

lvg6um24o1v7.png
  • Kres567
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    NEWS FLASH: Something new in the spreadsheets!

You may notice that there is a new section on the spreadsheets - "Weeks in the Green".

This section will automatically track how many weeks a team member is "in the green" or loses weight - any amount. We are going to give this a try to help recognize the people who might be losing small amounts and never hit the winners list. They might lose small amounts, but they do it week after week - or at least more weeks than not.

Have a look - every week with a loss gets 1 point. At the end of March, we'll publish a list of those with a 3 or a 4 points along with all the other winners. Let's start to recognize the slow but steady people! I hope this will encourage fewer instances of someone losing a huge amount one week, and then bouncing back over the next week or two and becoming discouraged.

Please let me know if you see an problems, inaccuracies, or if you have ideas on other ways we might do this. Thanks!!

You can check it out at
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15kaVbWehvGJ6Dt8YBo1LxzUQxd4W-XEyKaOixJpU-OQ/edit?usp=sharing

Awesome idea!
  • Kres567
    Options
    We were hit with self-isolating here in Calgary. My family and I are all fine but it was certainly a challenge to stay indoors. I did okay except for some baking I did. Tomorrow will be back to the schedule regardless of working from home or office. If I work from home I think I’m going to pack my lunch as I would for the office and see if that keeps me from sneaking into the fridge and pantry.

Goals for tomorrow:
    1. Workout in the morning
    2. Drink 100oz of water
    3. Walk at lunch
    4. Log everything
This discussion has been closed.