• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Tuesday 03/17

Calories: over
    Water: 2 L
    Steps: 17,865
    Exercise: 30 min run 🏃🏻‍♀️+ Insanity Workout

Good morning team. The stress from this lockdown has not been good for me. I’ve been struggling with a headache going on 3 days now, my morale is not good, and I’m struggling to stay away from bad foods. I’m wanting to go back to those old habits of finding comfort in food causing me to eat a bit extra of the healthy stuff but it’s putting me over. I’m still working out but it doesn’t feel the same. I miss my weight training sessions and even tho I still have my running, I’m struggling with my second workout of insanity. I think it’s just too much cardio and by the time I get to that workout I’m too tired to give it my all. I’m having to modify quite a bit and am really dragging myself through it. At least I’m still getting it done.

I spent quite a bit of time in the backyard yesterday with the kids. I cut the grass and had bubble time and hop scotch. Planning on doing the same this afternoon after doing my house chores. Hope everyone is hanging in there. Wherever you are, I wish you health and peace.

MARCH GOALS:

• survive the Corona Virus Lockdown
    • do the best I can under these circumstances
    • don’t make excuses
    • Do my workouts each day...as best I can

Sunday - REST DAY
    Mon - Sat
    30 min run 🏃🏻‍♀️+ Insanity 🏋🏻‍♀️
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    @mari-moulin I am so proud of you for thinking of an alternative for your lost gym time. Hopefully, you will find your rhythm soon and settle into the new routine, finding peace in your runs and insanity workouts. Thinking of you, and knowing that we are probably only about 10 days, if that, behind you in this madness. Please let us know WHEN you begin to see improvement over there. I know it's going to get worse here before it gets better.

I think we are all struggling with the restrictions we find ourselves under due to the virus. I feel lucky that we got ourselves the exercise bike for Christmas, so I have the ability to get on that every day (as long as my knees don't fuss too much). The weather is warming here, thankfully, so I hope to be getting in walks. We have our daughter and granddaughter staying with us during this time (moved them in yesterday), so some stroller walks in parks or around the neighborhood are in the near future I'd say. We may even go to the National Park near us (Great Smoky Mountains) for Emberly's first hike one day soon (staying away from others during all of these outings, let me add.)

I was pleased with my food intake yesterday, and was under my calorie goal. Hopefully I can continue with that now that I won't be eating out.

I wonder what other members of our group are doing for exercise and mental health right now? I'd love to hear from everyone about that topic.

• UTMom81
    Options
    Here is a list of some YouTube channels/videos people have suggested in the past to me. I thought they maybe helpful.

Fitness Blender
    Pop sugar fitness
    Sydney Cummings
    Leslie Sansone
    Fitness Marshall
    Yoga with Adrienne

Linda, I love Leslie Samson's videos. She is just such a calming personality during these times. I'll have to look into some of the others over the coming days/weeks. Thank you for posting these.
  • dness1203
    dness1203 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Last weight 308.2
    Current weight 307.5
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Exercise: 40 minute walk
    Water: sucess
    Steps 3/17 9,740

I still spent too much time in front of the tv yesterday. There’s just one news conference after another but I am going to try an get a longer walk in today. On another note, my dog Molly is not doing great. They increased her pain meds to the maximum. She is almost completely deaf at this point. I knew when I adopted her in July at age 13 that I wouldn’t have her for a lot of years but It is hard watching her go through this.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 45 minutes minimum
    2. 9000 steps minimum
    3. Cut back on coffe intake (3 max)

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    I wonder what other members of our group are doing for exercise and mental health right now? I'd love to hear from everyone about that topic.

My main form of exercise has always been walking. I am going to increase my walk by a few minutes each day until I am back to my 60 minute walks. Walking is also good for my mental health as I tend to zone out and just listen to my music. So for that time I am walking I pause what is happening right now.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Last weight 308.2
    Current weight 307.5

Congrats 🥳 on the loss!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Exercise: 40 minute walk
    Water: sucess
    Steps 3/17 9,740

I still spent too much time in front of the tv yesterday. There’s just one news conference after another but I am going to try an get a longer walk in today. On another note, my dog Molly is not doing great. They increased her pain meds to the maximum. She is almost completely deaf at this point. I knew when I adopted her in July at age 13 that I wouldn’t have her for a lot of years but It is hard watching her go through this.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 45 minutes minimum
    2. 9000 steps minimum
    3. Cut back on coffe intake (3 max)

Linda I’m so sorry you are having to watch molly got through this. Our fur babies are so important and are truly part of the family. I went through the loss of my old boy 2.5 years ago. He was my first baby. I had him even before I had my first child. It truly is hard to watch them go through pain and watch them age and eventually leave us. Stay strong for her and just give her all the love you can give.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    m3s0hkvn4isd.gif
    Hi everyone! We started a F2F community thread where anyone can post their tips and online resources for staying motivated and healthy during this difficult time. I amassed everything I could pull from our team WNM thread. Please feel free at any time! Let’s stay motivated and support one another!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10789350/support-tips-and-online-resources-for-our-f2f-community#latest
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: helped my daughter move today, but got in a neighborhood walk this evening.
    Water: not enough

I haven’t ridden my bike yet and probably won’t. I’m tired from loving even though I didn’t do a lot of the hardest work. I got outside this evening for a nice walk around the neighborhood though and saw these tulip magnolias blooming. Thought I’d share a little beauty with the group to help offset some of the stress we are all under.

xh0bxaz2la82.jpeg

• panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    @mari-moulin I am so proud of you for thinking of an alternative for your lost gym time. Hopefully, you will find your rhythm soon and settle into the new routine, finding peace in your runs and insanity workouts. Thinking of you, and knowing that we are probably only about 10 days, if that, behind you in this madness. Please let us know WHEN you begin to see improvement over there. I know it's going to get worse here before it gets better.

I think we are all struggling with the restrictions we find ourselves under due to the virus. I feel lucky that we got ourselves the exercise bike for Christmas, so I have the ability to get on that every day (as long as my knees don't fuss too much). The weather is warming here, thankfully, so I hope to be getting in walks. We have our daughter and granddaughter staying with us during this time (moved them in yesterday), so some stroller walks in parks or around the neighborhood are in the near future I'd say. We may even go to the National Park near us (Great Smoky Mountains) for Emberly's first hike one day soon (staying away from others during all of these outings, let me add.)

I was pleased with my food intake yesterday, and was under my calorie goal. Hopefully I can continue with that now that I won't be eating out.

I am super glad I ended up buying a Bowflex Max Climber last year, and I have the ability to workout inside when it’s still cold out. For now I also plan to walk and run outside when it’s nice enough, and do body weight workouts and yoga.

I am also cooking more homemade food, so that helps too.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Weekly check in

PW - 170.5
    CW - 170
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Weekly check in

PW - 170.5
    CW - 170

Nice loss!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Being stuck inside and working from home is so HARD!! My husband is taking care of the kids and he doesn’t have the most patience so I find myself having to moderate teaching lessons and jumping in to help more than I would like to. I’m this is a huge adjustment and I have to remember everyone is going through it.

I’m exercising everyday which has been the best part of working from home - I have more options in my schedule to get it in but I haven’t been walking as much so my steps are lower.

@UTMom81 - so far I’ve been doing my Peloton workouts but I’m missing my lunch time walks. I could walk at lunch but I feel I have to give my husband a break with the kids.

Goals for tomorrow:
    1. Workout in the morning
    2. Drink 100oz of water
    3. Choose better snacks!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Wednesday 03/18

Calories: under
    Water: 3L
    Steps: 16,772
    Exercise: 30 min run 🏃🏻‍♀️+ Insanity Workout

Good morning team. I hope you are all well, safe and healthy. I’m sorry I’ve been so down lately. As you all know from my previous posts I’m struggling with the confinement. I’m lucky I get out once a day for my run. I hope they don’t have to restrict that as well. I spend lots of time in the back yard with the kids every afternoon wel into the evening hours. We are lucky to have our garden and nice weather these days. I feel bad for those in apartments. I’m homeschooling everyday and having lots of activities and sporty stuff outside with the boys.

I’ve decided to not do insanity. It’s too much to add on top of my jogging. Starting next Monday I’ll be finding something on YouTube for strength training after my runs. Thanks for à the love and support these past few days. @UTMom81 @Kres567 @lindamtuck2018 and everyone else who has shared threat support and encouragement❤️❤️❤️

MARCH GOALS:

• survive the Corona Virus Lockdown
    • do the best I can under these circumstances
    • don’t make excuses
    • Do my workouts each day...as best I can

Sunday - REST DAY
    Mon - Sat
    30 min run 🏃🏻‍♀️
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 247.2
    CW: 246.0
  • UTMom81
    Options
    UTMom81
    Week 3 ( I think) Thursday Weigh In
    Previous: 169.8
    Current: 168.8

• UTMom81
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Weekly check in

PW - 170.5
    CW - 170

Great job with a loss in such turbulent times. Way to GO!
This discussion has been closed.