Replies

• CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 213.8
    Current weight: 210.8

A great loss for this week! 😁 Let's make March a month of losses! That is my goal...I don't want to have too much hope, in case I don't lose or have a gain, cause then I tend to beat myself up. @sleepymom5 I was JUST thinking last night about creating smaller goals to hit rather than only having that big main goal! And yup, I have a big family...An older sis who passed away, a twin Brother, a younger Sister, and a younger Brother...Also, I have half siblings and, truthfully my older Sister and younger Brother are my half siblings as well, but I grew up with them so I never looked at them as half annnnd they have other half siblings...So it's one big mess! Hahaha...

Well, last night both of my eyes kept bothering me so I rubbed them a lot. Then my right eye quit bothering me, but my left eye felt like it had something in it. I kept looking, but saw nothing. Finally it quit bothering me after a few hours and I went to sleep...Woke up around 8am and it was like crusty on my eyelid and lashes and eyeball wasn't red, but the surrounding skin was, and the bottom part inside my eyelid...Got that off then went back to bed. Just got up and it isn't crusty, but it burns, more red than the right one and it feels different than the other eye, (like when I roll my eyes around, I feel more restriction in the left eye, like it's tighter?) and a bit puffy/swollen like.

I think I will come back later and attempt to do a introduction. Like Pam said, I never do those...lol. 🤪
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    xX_phoenixrising_Xx
    Weigh in Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW 270.0 (122.5 kg)
    CW 267.8 (121.5 kg)

🙂😄😁
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,464 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Check in for February 29
    Food-not logged and over
    Water-36 oz
    Exercise- rest day but did PT and stretching

Yesterday didn't go as well as I had planned but I actually journaled about it and learned from it. I will do things differently next time. I am right back on track today which is also very important to me. My off days would sometimes spiral into weeks and months Today has been good. I have my day planned out and am following the plan. My son is an accountant and is working today and his wife is away so I walked Charlie earlier so I have my walk in. I also am 3/4 of the way to my water goal. My biggest problem is I am freezing! Lol! Where are those damn hot flashes when you need them! I am going to sit down and really think through my goals for this month and reflect on what went wrong last month. I am going to go back and see if there is anywhere in my journal that shows when things were going to go sideways.

Hope everyone is thinking about their goals. Also, the beginning of the month is a good time to take progress pictures and measurements. Remember the scale doesn't always show the whole picture. I am hoping to get back on later tonight or tomorrow with my goals for March.

Congratulations to @timibotkin who has hit a milestone. She has lost over 50 pounds!! Timi you are such an inspiration with all that has been going on in your life. You are stronger than you know! Hugs to you my friend!!

@lennoncpa How awesome does it feel to say you quit eating sweets over a YEAR ago?! I remember when you started with that and look how successful you have been! I am also happy to hear that you are still taking care of yourself during tax season. It is so important to eat healthy and exercise especially when you have so much going on. You are doing great!
    @amsandos. Lol! It didn't sound rude. We use that term to but I just wanted to be sure that is what you meant. I think it is good that you realized that the trainer wasn't helping you reach your goal and decided to try something new. I think that challenging yourself against your previous times will slowly build up your endurance and speed. You don't want to view your workouts as chores, you want them to be something you look forward to doing. Sounds like you are having a productive weekend. Good luck getting all that laundry done Lol!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Awesome loss to start off March! Keep it going! Hope your eye is feeling better soon!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I love the new profile pic! Looks like it you were working out or riding your bike just because the way it looks behind you. I couldn't enlarge because MFP is acting up so I am not sure. Excellent loss btw! That is an awesome way to start March!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    j94sd3xfr3jc.jpeg

Sunday weigh in
    @starcrystal3
    Monday's weigh ins
    @jedaschultz
    @JillyBT
    @podperson1
    Tuesday's weigh ins
    @Phoebe112476
    Wednesday's weigh ins
    @GingerPwr
    @tryingagain5
    @Amsandos
    @Freeglerock
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    95y7yqav5wf3.jpeg

Although this group is very supportive and positive, we all are really on our own "journeys" with weight loss. Some of us met or exceeded our goals for February, some of us didn't even come close ( :# <-me). Sometimes a new month is exactly what we need to reset and renew. That is why we always ask you all to reflect over the past month and set goals for the new month. A new month is a new opportunity to recommit to your plan. Whatever your plan is, is up to you. Let's make March count!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our new team members.
    I'm Tracy, 47, from New Hampshire. I will be married 25 years in April. I have 2 boys 25 and 22. They both just had little girls of their own. One is 4 1/2 months and the other is 7 days. These little girls are so cute and I'm loving every minute of being a grandma. I have a very hard time losing weight, I do try. I gain and lose the same 5 pounds. Very frustrating.

I have spent the last 2 days meal prepping. I have made chicken in the crockpot, meatballs, protein balls, egg cups, cut up lemon and limes, cut up cheese to grab and go. I bought wraps, veggies, fruit, Turkey coldcuts to make my own lunchables. I'm making some small goals.

Goals
    Meal prep
    Drink more water
    Exercise 5 days
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I was out walking at the top of a very high cliff. First time in over a year I've been able to walk that track because of my nerve problems; felt awesome!
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy March, everyone!

My name is Crystal. This month I'm really looking forward to getting back in a regular fitness routine again. I love walking/running/cycling outdoors and definitely fell out of habit the last few weeks due to the cold & snow here in the Midwest. I'm feeling reinvigorated today with sunny temps in the 50s and I just got back from a 30 minute walk:D :D
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    9jspqy4cuyzm.jpeg

Just a few last things about goal setting. There are many approaches to setting your goals. One is the SMART technique explained below.

z9ah4rpu5ppm.jpeg

This technique works well and is successful for many people. It is a good guideline to use to set your goals this month. It is not for everyone though. Some people do not like to have numbers or a certain timeline for their goals. The following is another example you can use to help you set your goals for the month/

dt1bzaz1gj0j.jpeg

Once again, not for everyone. There are many techniques you can look up on the internet and find one that suits you best.

The important thing to remember is-

bue7z0svx87p.jpeg

• sleepymom5
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @ljdanny You have set yourself up for success this week! Great job with all the food prep!
    Love your goals for the month! Those goals are realistic and obtainable AND I believe if you are consistent with them you will lose weight.
    @starcrystal3 I am glad to see you back again this month. The cold (or hot) weather can really make exercising challenging when you want to be outdoors. Hopefully the worst of the winter is behind us and you will be able to be outdoors exercising again. Do you do any workout videos when the weather is bad?
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I love the pictures! You live in such a beautiful area! I also have to say I love that hat. I am not sure if you would even have a reason to know this but that logo is what our Philadelphia Eagles football team uses.

Ok-I am having a good day but need to get a little done around the house myself. I also want to plan for the week. I hope everyone is having or had a great first day of March and I will check in quick later. :)
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @ljdanny. I was also thinking the Habit Share app would be helpful for you with those goals. It is an awesome app, free AND works better than the MFP app! Lol!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    @sleepymom5 That would be because it's a Philadelphia Eagles cap. 🤣 NFL isn't the biggest sport here in NZ but my husband used to play socially and we've been fans for the past 20 years. Actually Cowboys fans but my mother bought hubby this cap when she was in the US last year and I don't mind the Eagles 🙂
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Lisa, 40yo and live in the UK.  I have been with my partner for 20 years and we have 2 kids (son 8 and daughter 4).  Other than occupying myself with kids, work and chores I have 2 main hobbies at the moment which are sewing and allotment gardening  (I have 2 allotments that I used to grow fruit and veg with varying success!)

I am an accountant working in financial services.  Mid 2019 I reduced my working hours to 3 days a week so that I could focus more on my family, which has been great.

So with the work side sort, my weight slowly increasing, and turning 40 in November, I made the decision to return to start my weight loss on the 6th Nov.  Weighing in at 218.5lb at that point, there is a long way to go to my 154lb goal (top end normal BMI).  I joined this group in December, and have found the support and motivation fantastic.

So, February did not go quite as planned diet wise.  Following a bereavement and giving up smoking, I put on 8lbs in the month.  Finished February focusing on tracking, and am determined to make March count.  My March goals are:
    - loss of 0.5lb per week (2lbs for the month)
    - track food everyday
    - minimum of 8000 steps a day (have become really quite complacent in this front!)
    - (and the one that will be most difficult) - no food between 12pm and 6am - I really need to stop this middle of night eating!

Hope everyone one has a fantastic month!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late check in everybody. It was super busy today with hockey for the boys, but I did manage to complete all of the meal prep for the week. I had a good day yesterday. Food was good including a restaurant meal out, I got in a workout and had all of my water. Very happy to be starting a new month with all of you!!

Remember that the photo challenge starts tomorrow!! Have a good night everyone!!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Check in: Friday 28/2 and Saturday 29/2
    Food: logged and under goal
    Water: have not tracked
    Exercise: steps: 7.7k & 7.5k

Thank you for kind words regards my cat Dax - she is missed dearly, but was not unexpected which has made it a little easier.

I have changed my goal to 0.5lb per week loss as seeing the red on my diary was getting demotivating.  Whilst my sleeping is off and I feel so hungry (assumed due to not smoking), I need something a little more realistic to aim for.  Last couple of days I have been tracking and keeping to this calorie target. 

Today has been a lovely day.  As yesterday was chores and shopping, I promised the kids that we would have some fun today, so they were up early this morning ready to get planning the activities - and it was a long list to get through!
    1. Breakfast of pancakes
    2. Nature walk/scooter around massive lake with duck feeding and playing in park there
    3. Basketball
    4. Football
    5. Play with remote control cars
    6. Lunch
    7. Weeding front flower beds (my partner got this activity on the list!)
    8. Climbing (there is a large climbing frame in a park outside my house!)
    9. Cycle ride - this was a cycle ride to 3 different parks with a short stop at each for a play
    10. Dinner

Thankfully the weather has been ok today.  No rain but quite cold, but has been really good to spend most of the day outside and doing fun things - feels like it has been too long since we have been able to do these kind of things properly. 

@podperson1 - welcome! Exciting having someone in the same time zone!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Fab loss - well done! Sounds like you should get your eye checked out - if difficult getting to see GP, are you able to talk to a pharmacist? 
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Also a fabulous loss! Well done!
    @sleepymom5 Out of curiosity - how long have you been journaling?  Do you use it for any particular reason?  I have just taken up doing this hoping that it will help settle me, and (selfishly) to try to get better sleep.  Figured getting stuff down on paper may get it out of my head. 
    @timibotkin Congratulation on hitting 50 loss - that is so amazing!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    uj6eksiix0t6.jpeg
    @timibotkin - I don’t have your steps for yesterday, but even with the 6 days that you did provide, you won the step challenge with week with 90,794 steps@

@brown6267 - You won for the month of February with a grand total of 306,114 steps!!

There were 5 of us participating for February (not everyone every week) and together we walked 973,239 steps!!

Congratulations everyone!!

If you wish to participate in our teams March step challenge, we track each week Sunday to Saturday. Please post your steps daily, or you can post all steps for each day on the following Sunday by 5 pm.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Weekend pics:
    exvrr7q4tryg.jpegzqu44co38pq3.png

7bdtwxm4t9qe.jpeg
    0wdquy48lf7d.jpeg
    Skylynns dinner was a big success! The macarons stole the show!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Here is a list of everyone on the team this month and your weigh in day (and real name if you have provided it):

Sunday
    @cassiegetsfit2013 (Cassie)
    @starcrystal3 (Crystal)

Monday
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx (Kristy)
    @jedaschultz (Debbie)
    @JillyBT
    @podperson1

Tuesday
    @Phoebe112476 (Phoebe)

Wednesday
    @GingerPwr (Casey))
    @tryingagain5 (LindaP
    @amsandos ((Anne-Marie)
    @Freeglerock (Lisa)

Thursday
    @rundgrenrocks (Jenn)
    @ljdanny (Tracy)

Friday
    @lennoncpa (Sheryl)
    @pacsnc6 (Patsy)
    @sleepymom5 (Pam)
    @1Theresamcvean (Theresa)
    @KUMEcyclingteam
    @Fi45
    @Cafelelia (Lisa)

Saturday
    @kirsten11872 (Kirsten)
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @timibotkin (Timi)
    @brown6267

Maintenance
    @mrsbell8well (Angelina)
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    5ep9iuco15w9.jpeg
    6dbnb1nzh83y.jpeg
    show5fw66o9g.jpeg
    Spring decor. New bunny pillows and a bunny pitcher. After dinner I switched the table to a spring setting.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Long day. I made it on my water and step goal. Food was promising till Molly opened a bottle of pink champagne. She made a cocktail with champagne, limoncello and frozen raspberries dropped into a flute. I drank 2 and really wanted a 3rd one, but I stopped. I did fairly well at dinner but ate 3 or 4 macarons. Yum yum. I was 145 this morning so I’m hoping I had a little wiggle room. My goal was 146 by tomorrow.
    I will try to do my intro and get on here as much as possible this week. I’m sure I will be buried in emails etc.
    have a good week everyone!
This discussion has been closed.