WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - March 2020

Options

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in

I was on plan yesterday, did 30 minutes on the bike and 15 minutes HIIT, and drank all of my water. I got less sleep than usual as I was up late dealing with these audit requests that I am getting from my professional body. I fulfilled all requests, which is great, but there will likely be follow up. I slept 2 hours less than I normally do, and I feel it this morning. I am not a nap person, but am really going to try to have a short one after lunch today.

@brown6267, @freeglerock and @Gingerpwr - You are knocking it out of the park with those steps! We are going to have quite the challenge this month!!

@timibotkin - That’s great that you are in for the challenge. I know that you post all of you steps in one post, so we will wait for that at the end of the week.

@sleepymom5 - I hear you about being so tired, omg.

@tryingagain5 - You are an inspiration! Having yourself as a reason to be healthy is a really good one, and I often list that on my plan. Plus you have to keep on being inspiring for all of us!!

@rundgrenrocks - People were really more glamorous back then! I love the photo of your in-laws and you are wonderful daughter-in-law for having taken care of them.

@1theresamcvean - I am so sorry for your loss and all of the grief and difficulties that you are experiencing. That is a lovely photo, and as a fellow Canadian, I totally got the 50 reference! My nonna also enjoyed a 50 while watching the horse races on tv on Saturday afternoons. None of us knew and it was her secret thing. She was a traditional, strict Catholic Italian nonna, so the image of her drinking beer and watching horses is hilarious! Love your Bitmoji!

@Mrsbell8well - I am sorry about your mom and hope that she is doing ok. Take care of yourself too, especially now that you are back to work!

@JillyBT - Fantastic loss and love your bitmoji! Thanks for the love!

@podperson1 - Outstanding loss and welcome to the team!!

@ljdanny - Hope that the shots went ok and they work. Fantastic that you are in the step challenge!

@jedaschultz - Great loss and you are doing great!

@kirsten11872 - Amazing that you are down 5 lbs and doing so well! Spring is coming and it is a great time for a reset!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Monday 3/2 check in
    Food: logged and under (forgot to complete diary for food and exercise)
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute walk, PT, stretching and strength.

Good morning my friends! Another good day yesterday! I feel like I am back in the groove finally after 2 months. I was proud of myself. I had two temptations yesterday that I resisted.
    My daughter in law gave me candy for driving me back and forth to the airport. She is so sweet so I couldn't tell her to keep them. I know my son in law a lot better as he and Nicole were dating since they were teenagers. I would have told him to thanks but to keep them for himself. I don't know her quite as well. Danny was out of the house by the time they started dating. So I took the candy but didn't eat it. Another thing was Jim got a box of cookies from clients that he brought home. I told him to bring them to the bar for the employees. I am going to put the cookie and candy on my plan at some point. If they fit in. I have to see if they put me over in calories or if I am not hungry for them. I want to be able to have treats but have control over them.

Today is pretty free so I am plan to get a lot done. It is nice out now but it is supposed to rain this afternoon. Hope everyone has an amazing day!

@brown6267 Nice job with the steps! Hope all is going well!
    @Cafelelia I bet you're tired! I can't nap either because I want to sleep for hours Lol! Shannon actually can take a 15 min nap and feel refreshed. I wish I could do that Lol!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello all! It is a warm day, might rain later, just loving it is not freezing outside!

3 successful days under my belt! I am feeling so good! The scale was down another pound this morning! I got home from work last night, did my workout, ate a light dinner & started my fast. I just feel so much better, not bloated or feeling overly full. I can even feel a little difference in my clothes, not digging in me. I keep telling myself how good I will feel at the end of the month if I keep following my plan. I keep thinking about the clothes that I will be able to fit back into. If I stay on track, I will be right where I want to be by summer.

Really trying to drink lots of water, I always drink a good amount, but I think I can increase.

Got in 23,324 steps! Walked with my friend at lunch, did laundry, plus my workout! Should be another high stepping day today, going to walk again at lunch, then the elliptical tonight!

@Mrsbell8well sorry to hear about your mom! Sounds like she is doing better!

@1theresamcvean so sorry for the loss of your grandmother! She sounds like a wonderful woman, very devoted to your grandfather! Love their picture! Also, sorry for all the loss you are experiencing! Keeping you in my prayers!

@sleepymom5 thanks, I am trying to make March an awesome month! We are going to have a great month! Love the picture of your kids, beautiful family! Also, can I participate in the step challenge, I usually get about 13-15k per day.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 For February I was doing the same as I had been doing. I eat between 1000 and 1200 calories a day and I get at least 10,000 steps a day. so I'm not sure why I didnt have much of a loss that month. But hopefully for March I will start to see the scale moving again. I'd like to lose at least 1 pound a week
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    5cvjqgl3ww0s.gif

We are looking for a team motivator! There is no real job description and generally, motivators post encouragement or advice from time to time. You can make the job your own and a furry mascot’s costume is not required (although that would be cool!). If you are interested just post here to let us know.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 3/2
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 15 minutes speed intervals on the treadmill, 30 minute session with my trainer

I was asked if I wanted to stay for OT today at 6:28. We get out at 6:30. They forgot to come around and ask. I said no. Even if I had been asked earlier I was going to say no for today. I'm guessing nobody stayed, by 6:28 everyone is ready to go home.

Had a good session with my trainer. He kept telling me I was doing great. He is really helpful for me. A couple of his other clients told me I was doing great too. It's nice to get that feedback from the others who see me at the gym.

Leaving soon to go to my book club and then to work after that.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    I don't have a picture but the person who motivates/inspires me to do better is my trainer at my gym.

I've been working with Alex for a little over 2 years and he's always supportive, telling me I can do things. He's had me do many things I didn't think I could do. Some of those things are still difficult for me but I'm able to do them. He's always telling me I'm doing great, whether I think so or not
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    3/2 steps 10,763
    Sorry no time to post. But...beautiful picture @hope002! Happy birthday!!!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @hope002 .
    Housekeeping great @tryingagain5 ,
    I have had a heartache for about a week so trying to rest and not getting much exercise I even skipped water aerobics yesterday. I ate very light for a couple days and have seen the scale drop a little. No idea what's going on but getting some rest and will keep trying to figure it out.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    That should say tummy ache.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    The OT pay is nice but it does cut into other parts of life. I did hear back from the job board for the position I applied for. The company had moved on to the next step in their process so I won't be getting that job.

Although I may have stay where I am for now. I checked with my primary care doctor to see what else needs to be done with my diagnosis of anemia. For now I have to stay off the aspirin, continue with the iron and do bloodwork in about a month or 6 weeks or so and then he"ll decide from there. I'm also not allowed to donate blood for now. So, I need to keep my health insurance, especially if more bloodwork or tests need to be done. If I go to another job, I wouldn't have insurance for 30 to 60 days or whatever their policy is. And since I'm now half way to my deductible I need to stay with it.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Tuesday 3/2
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute session walk, PT, stretch, and strength

I am doing well. Another day on track! Whoo hoo! I made plans to go to see my son William in Houston in 2 weeks. I am excited! I have only been to Texas once and I have never been to Houston. He already has planned for us to go to a rodeo and to the space center. I think he hasn't really done the tourist thing since he moved. He also wants to go to a steak place, BBQ and Mexican. It should be interesting. I am not worried, I have done well on vacation before and I actually think this will be easier than when I go with my husband. I won't be staying with him as he and his girlfriend live in a small apartment. I am happy I will have time to myself to check in with all of you, exercise and hopefully sleep in a little. I am going to hit the hay now. Good night everyone!

Check out Lisa's post above about Team Motivator and let us know if you are interested!

@kirsten11872 Another awesome day!! I added you to the step challenge. You always get in an amazing amount of steps.
    @Zumba_Luvah It sounds like you are doing great! Keep it going and I am sure that you will see a loss on the scale soon. I am sure you are seeing a lot of NSV too :)
    @hope002 Happy Birthday!! You are looking beautiful!
    @Cafelelia I love that post for the motivator!
    @tryingagain5 It is nice hearing such positive feedback from others. It sounds like you found yourself a great trainer. It is important that they give a little push without discouraging you. It sounds like you have learned a lot from him with both nutrition and exercise. Have a good night at work :)
    @pacsnc6 Thank you for correcting that Lol! I was wondering if heartache meant chest pain. Phew, glad it wasn't that but sorry that you aren't feeling well. Have you seen a doctor. A week is a long time to not be feeling well. Hope you feel better soon.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    7jhto684t7va.jpeg

Workout Wednesday - Post a workout or movement selfie!!
    Maybe you are walking, dancing, stretching, cycling or doing yoga. Show us or describe how you move!

You can post here, on the link or both!

Here is the link-
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787221/march-spring-it-forward-photo-challenge#latest
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Step counts:
    3/1: 20,511
    3/2: 23,324
    3/3: 25,619
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    User ID: amsandos
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 157
    Current weight: 158

for the past couple of days my eating has gone to heck. I have been cramming my face with all kinds of rubbish. My healthy habits are out of the window. I need to get my healthy habits back bit by bit. I have 5 weeks to the coal carrying championships. I have figured out that my extreme fitness goals and high expectations of myself need to be adjusted and I need to find joy excitement and happiness in my weightloss journey for me to show up for myself.

today I am having a 1 day plan and make sure that I have 5 a day. I also need to make sure I check in everyday. I am not sure why I am finding it so hard. I need to check into my machine at work so that I can log in. I need to refind my mindset that the sugary rubbish on the counter is not for me again. The weekend staff have started putting sugary treats out for the customers in the classrooms which is my domain in the week. So yesterday I was eating those while setting up. bad news. I think I just need to see them as stock and out of limits.

Wednesday plan
    breakfast beans on toast with cheese
    lunch pasta and salad
    snack apple packet of crisps yoghurt
    dinner chicken stew
    exercise club swim

I have been in a good place before. I can get there again. Like all habits they must be learnt relearnt reapplied.

This discussion has been closed.