WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sorry in advance for this post its long and rambling.
    @micki48 my steps for April are listed below. I have had some trouble staying motivated but still able to get to my goal on my run days. I have been using FitRockr and not sure why I thought not to post these numbers to you. Fitrockr does benefit me on the days I get exercise on a bike and for pilates (I think) by attributing points to our team. Which otherwise would only benefit our team if I actually lost weight - which is not my best quality. Otherwise I cant interact with the app much, just the daily sync, which isn't encouraging or even clear to me and then I have to sign in on our computer that I usually only do on Sunday (ahh this long post).

@jugar my CW is 163.0
    My husband just bought a new scale which says 167. I think its wrong. I know I need to just give up on that fight but it takes away all of my achievement from the last 6 weeks and that doesn't make any sense to me... :s:'(:s

4/1: 6,329
    4/2: 13,542
    4/3: 4,382
    4/4: 6,796
    4/5: 16,408
    4/6: 18,452
    4/7: 10,769
    4/8: 4,713
    4/9: 11,047
    4/10: 12,832
    4/11: 5,057
    4/12: 3,576
    4/13: 17,365
    4/14: 6,659
    4/15: 9,473
    4/16: 21,406
    4/17: 10,192
    4/18: 6,410

I have missed so many threads of conversations by not checking in much this week. Hope to be more engaged this next week. My April is looking pretty red so far. Even though I feel strong I haven't lost weight or had lots of control with the diet. Its always encouraging to check in.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    @micki48 my steps for April are listed below. I have had some trouble staying motivated but still able to get to my goal on my run days. I have been using FitRockr and not sure why I thought not to post these numbers to you. Fitrockr does benefit me on the days I get exercise on a bike and for pilates (I think) by attributing points to our team. Which otherwise would only benefit our team if I actually lost weight - which is not my best quality. Otherwise I cant interact with the app much, just the daily sync, which isn't encouraging or even clear to me and then I have to sign in on our computer that I usually only do on Sunday (ahh this long post).

@jugar my CW is 163.0
    My husband just bought a new scale which says 167. I think its wrong. I know I need to just give up on that fight but it takes away all of my achievement from the last 6 weeks and that doesn't make any sense to me... :s:'(:s

I have missed so many threads of conversations by not checking in much this week. Hope to be more engaged this next week. My April is looking pretty red so far. Even though I feel strong I haven't lost weight or had lots of control with the diet. Its always encouraging to check in.
    Right now, it is just wonderful that you were here today - that is a win. And a new scale is almost always a terrible thing - I swear, they are related to metronomes. Whenever I am practicing music with the metronome, it speeds up when the passage gets difficult, I swear. I have also never met a new scale that measured lighter than the old one. Give it a few days before you step on the thing again, and be sure it is first thing in the morning after a day you ate really wisely!

As to fitrockr, I am totally with you on the fact that it counts bike, pilates, circuit training or anything else rather than just steps. But no one seems that thrilled with it, and the points system is not very clear. I like it when we get ahead of the other team, but I have no idea of what teammates are doing or how it makes them feel. So I am inspired to come up with a way that we can track both steps and other exercise on this team, right here in our "home" space. Steps will still be added up to show those impressive distances at the end of every week, but we can also add up all the other exercise people feel like recording. I'll come up with a few ideas for how this might work, and then everyone can let me know which we should try. The fitrockr experiment has a pretty clear result! We can do better :smiley:

So please stop by more often again - tell us about your day, what is working and what isn't. We'll give you a hug or a hard time, and the weight will start to move. :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Sunday update: 30 minutes of exercise.

Hopefully a walk later today too but we'll see how the weather is.

Thinking about you - and whatever your bad news was, it is good that you got some exercise and I hope the weather cooperated with your plan for a walk. Chug that water!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    PW: 148.5
    CW: 148.5
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    Sunday update: 30 minutes of exercise.

Hopefully a walk later today too but we'll see how the weather is.

Thinking about you - and whatever your bad news was, it is good that you got some exercise and I hope the weather cooperated with your plan for a walk. Chug that water!

We had a nice walk in the afternoon when it warmed up, down to the nearby dog run and back. Got some sunshine and fresh air for half an hour, it felt good. :)
  • jugar
    Options
    I always forget to post the Sunday and Monday weigh-in reminders! Here they are:
    @Andreabroadley
    @graceojo999
    @reflectionofme
    @Gidgitgoescrazy

Thanks!
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I always forget to post the Sunday and Monday weigh-in reminders! Here they are:
    @Andreabroadley
    @graceojo999
    @reflectionofme
    @Gidgitgoescrazy

Thanks!

PW 189.2
    CW 189.2

My goal for this week is to walk daily 5k
    Have 2Litres of water
    Keep calories low and Log all the foods

Thanks
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »

@jugar my CW is 163.0

4/1: 6,329
    4/2: 13,542
    4/3: 4,382
    4/4: 6,796
    4/5: 16,408
    4/6: 18,452
    4/7: 10,769
    4/8: 4,713
    4/9: 11,047
    4/10: 12,832
    4/11: 5,057
    4/12: 3,576
    4/13: 17,365
    4/14: 6,659
    4/15: 9,473
    4/16: 21,406
    4/17: 10,192
    4/18: 6,410

I also got a new scale it adds about 4.2 pounds more than my old scale. I usually ignore that one or substract 4.2 whenever I use it. I think that’s why any weight blog I read always says to use the same scale you used at the beginning of the fitness journey.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    oh dear, I guess I know what to expect when my new, more-accurate-than-half-pounds, scale arrives. ;)
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    PW 172
    CW ........... 176.8

EEEEEEEKKKKKK Right... so whose got the biggest feet ? cause wow do I need a kick in the rear...

I guess between my pity party for cancelled vacations, and the idea that calories don't do the same thing in a global pandemic, and buying the wrong foods in bulk, I deserve that big ole gain... last week really threw me off with no gain, so my brain said, ohh see your doing fine... welp it caught up...

Anyway, a new week, with new goals and new opportunities...

I did a 1 mile walk with Leslie this morning, and will do pilates and treadmill and a dog walk when I get home...

I am trying to stay electronic free during the weekends, and I'll be honest, I like it...

On friday, we meal prepped I made turkey pot pies, and meatballs, and grilled chicken. I also made a big ole bag of carrots, celery and broccoli for snacks, and that has been a lifesaver this weekend, every time I got snacky I grabbed a handful of those, I told the hubby , that will be my new friday chore, prep veggies for weekend...

We now have to wear masks in the store to shop, I have realized that I do not like it, so we tried really hard to make sure we got everything we will need, so we only have to go out once a week. But It's only day one, and I realized I forgot red peppers... I can't win...

Have a great day !
  • jugar
    Options
    PW 172
    CW ........... 176.8

EEEEEEEKKKKKK Right... so whose got the biggest feet ? cause wow do I need a kick in the rear...
    Hmmm. I'm only a size 6, but ask my kids - I make up for it in pure meanness and utter stubbornness. So consider your backside at least tapped with my little shoes, and your brain tickled with pre-planned workouts (you are the Queen of those!), safe snackage, some healthy hunger pangs before meals, and that clear lovely feeling you get when things are going well. You're off to a good start with meal prep and raw veg. Keep on keeping on!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Don't forget to have fun with your halo-worthy behaviour this week! Give and get some tips on this week's challenge:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10792880/april-showers-ii-swimming-to-safety#latest
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    Sunday goals: 4/19

•8,500K steps (Big goals here) ✅
    •Water 💦 80 ounces - Probably around 64 - better than it’s been.
    •Do 15 minutes of Pilates X (but bounced on my ball for :30 min.
    •LOG MY FOOD ✅ but took till this morning 🙌

Today’s goals: 4/20

• 10, 000 steps 👟
    • Log all food 🥘
    • 64 ounces 💦
    • 30 activity minutes

@Gidgitgoescrazy Size 9.5/10 here. Pretty big for kicking, but I’m extending my hand 🖐🏼 to help you up instead. I’m right there with you and so are others. We are all seeing our mistakes. So let’s commit to checking in daily with goals and give each other the support we all need. You can do this. @matthewsfive can lead the way. She’s got this thing down.

@Terytha Glad you got out for a walk. It always does some good.

@steph1498 good to see you updating us.

@graceojo999 It’s so maddening when scales don’t match up. Take the doctor’s scale for instance. Always seems to be about 7 pounds heavier than mine. I can understand making that adjustment but it’s seems it could get old and tricky. Might I suggest starting May with the current reading? We all will know there was no gain. Or can you adjust the balance?

Hope everyone has a productive on track day? Share those goals.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    So what I am hearing you ladies say is I should be logging??? Lol. I haven't been logging, except when I think I've eaten bad and Iwant to see how bad. I will log yesterday and today and continue to log.

@KellyBgetsfit 😂🤣 Made me laugh. Glad I’m not alone in this. I’m usually the opposite. I DON’T log when I’m bad. But recently, I can’t get past lunch logging. Fixed that yesterday. Now let’s go for two days in a row. Logging together. 🤞🏻
    @micki48 I think you and I are on similar weight loss speeds! If I figure out how to speed up without having a total meltdown I will let you know. I know for me going slow works and it has taken me awhile to make peace with it. I still get frustrated when others can go faster than me. I have made a lot of habits stick and I'm sure you have too. Think about how long you have stuck with it. I bet it's getting harder to remember your previous limitations when you started. You are basically a new person! All we can ask for is that we keep trying. I get worried about letting the team down too. It can be a lot of pressure.

Today I took a 10,000 step challenge. I got about half my steps in marching inside. Hopefully I can get the rest of my steps outdoors, weather permitting. I am trying to get more and more vegetables into my diet. I had lettuce wraps for a snack and will have vegetable potato soup for lunch. For dinner I am craving a big veggie stir fry with shrimp! Focusing on water too.

@conleywoods Thank you for that. I totally agree, there is benefit to losing slowly. It’s just that going backwards thing that hits you hard. But you are right! I have so many new habits. The biggest being perseverance and resetting to get back on track. In the past I would have just given up. So back to what I know works. The one new thing is that I felt resistance to logging not because I was being bad, but I just didn’t want to. Could be that we are in a weird time with this pandemic and there are emotional strains, even if it’s not on the surface. This is going to take awhile, so we all need to stay the course for weight loss and keeping this virus at bay.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    @jugar sorry I missed weigh in yesterday hope I can still get in. Losing track of days right now.

Unfortunately I am drifting up right now. Not enough exercise and too much food.

Need to get back on the horse.

Sunday Weigh In
    CW: 155.5
    PW: 155.2
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Well really gave up the last few days. Can't believe Monday is becomming my favorite day of the week. It is a restart for me. I know any day can be a restart day. I don't have to wait till Monday. This week I am committing to 10,000 steps a day, drinking at least 80 oz a day (of water :wink: ) and staying within my calories allowed!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am on day 4 of logging my food. The scale went UP! I actually feel really good about how I look so I only care little about the dumb scale. I will take measurements a week from today.

@KellyBgetsfit
    Not sure if you are weighing in everyday but I found it better for me to only weigh in once a week. I weigh in every Saturday in the morning around the same time. I found that the scale consumes too much of my thoughts during the day if the number isn't something I was excepting. Its a great idea to take measurements and what I have learned is to measure only once a month and try to chart where you are taking those measurements. Example your hip area I found if I hang my hand down by my side and make a fist at the end of my fist is where I will measure. This way its a more accurate measurement.
    Good luck and you got this
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    oh dear, I guess I know what to expect when my new, more-accurate-than-half-pounds, scale arrives. ;)

@eggfreak

When your new scale comes place a weight on it so you can see how accurate the scale is measuring. I placed a 15 pound weight on mine at its measuring at 15.2 so I called that a good measurement.
This discussion has been closed.