WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Wahooooo Team Waistaways for taking the lead this week!!! Are you up to the challenge to win next week too? You can do it!!! B)

wjwkujhszslp.png

Congratulations team! You did great. Yes, we can do that next week too.
  • micki48
    Options
    sfxqkewr5lbl.png

Week 3 Step Team Results

Total Steps: 312,202
    Total reporting: 100%

And the winners are...

1st Place: @evangsimmons170 86,131
    2nd Place: @Steph1498 75,081
    3rd Place: @KellyBgetsfit 66,361

Way to go Step Team!!!!!

• micki48
    edited April 2020
    Options
    mllo21v8gm0p.jpeg
    Today has been pretty good. I did pilates and took a walk. It was gorgeous. The photo is from my walk. Do you see the heart ❤️ in the clouds?

Earlier, I was going through a bag of "stuff" that had all my old Weight Watchers stuff in it and the notebooks I kept with my weight loss journey. Interesting to see what my 20 something self was doing and thinking. I have learned a lot and come a ways in loving me for me, but I had some things right even then. I'm not going to share that yet because I've already posted three times above and I don't want to hijack the whole thread.

But I saw something interesting with my measurements. First I'll say I was young (I believe 28 and had just had my second child and was still nursing) and I think the point of what I'm going to say is that as we age our bodies change and not always in predictable ways. So here is what I found interesting:

I weighed 165.5, for comparison I am now 191 and my bust, waist, and hips were smaller than they are now, which makes sense because I was about 25 pounds lighter than I am now. But, Here's the interesting part, my thighs and arms are the same size they are right now. Thighs 22 1/2 inches each and Arms 11 1/2 inches each. How are my arms and thighs now the same size as they were when I was 25 pounds lighter? I guess our bodies "fortify" different parts of us at different times in our life. I think now, if I were at that 165, I'd be very satisfied with my weight. Anyway, just thought that was interesting. Oh and I had responded to this really good question that seems fitting for most of us now...

What is your most immediate challenge you are facing on this journey?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    @jugar sorry I missed weigh in yesterday hope I can still get in. Losing track of days right now.

Unfortunately I am drifting up right now. Not enough exercise and too much food.

Need to get back on the horse.
    No worries about timing, or drifting. Back in the saddle - way more comfy than on the ground! And if you need one (I sure do) maybe we should consider getting one of these!
    t5ladzixzo1r.png
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Steps update:

Sunday 19th 3060
    Monday 20th 7112

Happy Tuesday everyone from sunny Worcestershire :)
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 you are killing it in the steps challenge!! Great work lady!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day, I got home threw the pot pie in the oven, did my pilates, dinner took alot longer than expected, so I had a beer on the patio with the hubby, that was relaxing... After dinner we took the dogs for a walk and they were being fiesty, so they got a little bit of a longer walk than normal to calm them down, it worked well... I only did 15 minutes on the treadmill, because I was losing time, ya see on nights I wash my hair I have to get my shower done early.

Today my reading light should come in the mail, so I can start my reading before bed.. the lighting in my bedroom sucks for book reading. Speaking of bedroom...

My new bed is being delivered today, we got a split king adjustable bed with massage... I am SO EXCITED... We spent our stimulus money on that.. even though we haven't gotten it and probably won't for a long while, we always owe taxes, so we will have to wait for the check, but it's not a big deal for us thankfully, so it's all good. We have needed a new bed for a while, so this is exciting.. We won't be able to set it up until this weekend though, it's one of those beds in a box, it's a Ghostbed, they had good reviews so we shall see...

Tonight is taco tuesday, I am going to do some yoga when I get home, walk the dogs, then maybe give the treadmill another shot, I am missing Downton Abby, I am on the last season, so I have to think of another show to keep me on the treadmill...

So I've been doing my Leslie videos in the morning, and I think I am going to try to bump it up to doing 2 miles... No one is here to notice when I am a few minutes late, and if I prep my lunch the night before, that will give me 5-10 minutes more.. If I actually got out of bed when the alarm went off that would give me 5-10 minutes more too... so the time is there, I just have to use it better... lol

Breakfast, I used to have a hard boiled egg and a protein shake for breakfast. Well I changed it up last week, I love some shredded wheat big biscuits.. lol, something about crunching them up, is just so satisfying... lol anyway, I added some slivered almonds and hemp seed to it, it's so super yummy.. I bet it would be good with berries too, but I don't like berries, so yeah.... Just wanted to throw that out there to remind us that we don't have to eat everything the way it is, make it your own...

Okay I've rambled enough it's payroll day, and I have to review everything again, cause all this virus stuff is making my job a tiny bit more complex, but this is the kind of work I thrive in, when I get to sit by myself and research, then execute... It's the talking to people part of my job I do not like... lol

Have a wonderful day !

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone!

I've been reading posts and wrote a post late the other night and then it got deleted 😡 I took Sunday off and had a rest day. It felt great and I had not been sleeping great due to kids or the dog waking me up at night. Finally got some sleep the past few nights. Yesterday I still felt tired. Worked out but just didn't have that umph factor! Hopefully I am back to normal today. Food and snacks have greatly improved. I am super thrilled about that!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    If I can just be sad for a second:

Literally everything has been cancelled. This is good. It's good for safety and for health and it's good the pandemic is being treated seriously.

But there's nothing left to look forward to.

No goals.
    No events.
    No trips.
    No nothing.

The only thing this year has left to offer is December 31, when it will finally effing end.

I gotta tell you. I can't bring myself to care much about anything right now. I keep carelessly spending money on take out because what else should I buy. I can't get groceries, everything is sold out and supply chain issues means it probably won't restock soon. We've had some food processing centers closed due to outbreaks.

I'm tired.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @micki48 The pic from your walk was awesome, and yes, I saw the heart shape in the clouds. God's handiwork is absolutely incredible! :smiley:

@conleywoods I wanted to take Sunday off from exercising too, but I guess my singing and playing the keyboard in church was so vigorous that FitBit counted it as 34 minutes of outdoor bike riding! It showed I burned nearly 500 calories during that time. Go figure :smile: So yesterday was my official rest day for the week; I only allow myself 1 day off too. I totally understand what you mean by lacking the "umph factor." I can tell that my body is ready, willing, and able to do a vigorous and long workout today. However, my emotions are sending conflicting reports.

Which leads me to the question that @micki48 posted: What is your most immediate challenge you are facing on this journey?

My answer to that question right now, this week, today, is my emotions. Between this interminable shelter-in-place, and total dismantling of my 'normal' daily routines, this week is emotionally challenging more than usual. For someone who has dealt with depression in the past, one huge thing to avoid is prolonged isolation. @Steph1498 thanks so much for the kudos about the my high weekly step count; I appreciate the encouragement. But what I know is that some of those steps come from my desire to lose weight and be healthier and some of them come from trying to 'outwalk' negative self-talk that can easily drag me down a dark road to depression. I've been down that road a few times in my life; I know the neighborhood even before I get to that road. That is, I know my triggers. My rationale is that I might as well learn from my experiences, right?

Well when I sense those triggers, feel the warning signs, and recognize that the 'neighborhood' has suddenly changed, I know it's time to get to stepping! I don't know if any of you can relate to what I'm saying, but if you can, I want to encourage you: Don't just sit there! Move! It's hard to hit a moving target. The definition of 'move' may look different for each of us. That may mean we get off the couch and start exercising; that could also mean we reach out to family and friends through phone calls, text messages, or social media. DO something to disrupt those triggers. At my very worst point of depression I used to feel like I was being buried alive. My ONLY response now is: NEVER AGAIN!

Be encouraged everyone. :smile:
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Terytha - I hear you. It really helps to have things to look forward to. Just one or two. I was feeling this way last week. It will open up and planning will start again. What do you look forward to the most? Can you find one thing you are grateful for in all of this mess? 🤗
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    If I can just be sad for a second:

Literally everything has been cancelled. This is good. It's good for safety and for health and it's good the pandemic is being treated seriously.

But there's nothing left to look forward to.

No goals.
    No events.
    No trips.
    No nothing.

The only thing this year has left to offer is December 31, when it will finally effing end.

I gotta tell you. I can't bring myself to care much about anything right now. I keep carelessly spending money on take out because what else should I buy. I can't get groceries, everything is sold out and supply chain issues means it probably won't restock soon. We've had some food processing centers closed due to outbreaks.

I'm tired.
    Amber, I know. This is the first time we're all doing this, and we suck at it. I have been battling this nothingness since retiring, but now that we are confined, it has gotten worse. Feeling useless and not having my sense of purpose defined by work, projects, the energy of pulling together with other people, is really difficult. I have been looking for purpose and usefulness for a while now, so I feel your pain! It is sad. But part of it is relying on other people or a work situation or a deadline to define what I do. Remembering how to define what I do all by myself is all kinds of hard, even though it should be wonderful. But sitting around feeling crappy is not something I want to have last forever, even though it comes and goes.

What I'm asking myself: Figure out what the heck you want to do. What are you good at? Figure out what you need to learn. But a lot of the time the answer is I Don't Know, because I am in a funk. So I'm trying to figure out who is in need, and is it a need I can help with? And I'm trying to reach out to a friend and come up with something we can do together. Anything. Appropriately distanced, of course.

There are no easy answers, but come on in here and ask, connect, help out - that is at least one mini goal! You're doing well with your health and exercise, which is not insignificant. Your rants are welcome too. Got any good podcasts to recommend? I just started a Brené Brown series ("unlocking us") where she rants on about doing something for the first time, and some tools to get our sorry selves through it. Hugs flying your way, in any case!
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 123.2
    CW: 123.2
  • jugar
    Options
    It is Wednesday! I get such a thrill out of figuring out what day it is.

I just figured out, too, that I completely forgot it was my wedding anniversary on Monday. 25 years. Oops. Luckily, no one else remembered, so I was not alone! Of course, we got married when our daughter was just about to turn 3, we were the only ones there, my daughter had the hiccoughs all the way through, and then we went grocery shopping. We didn't have a party until June, when people could drive up our hill again after winter and mud season were over. My little daughter and I did have matching dresses, though! We would probably never have gotten officially married, but we were starting the process of an international adoption, since I could not have any more kids, and official marriage was required by the country we chose (Cambodia). We also did not want to raise the Princess of the Universe (older parents + rural location + no grandparents nearby = POU). It turned out to be a rather wonderful and surprisingly moving event anyhow, and I'm glad we did it. And our adopted son, who arrived quite a bit later, is the best thing we could have done to make our family even more wonderful. And neither of the kids suffers from POU sydrome!

It is a very cold and snowy morning. Hmmph. And two weigh-ins are due today:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527

I hope you all have a good Wednesday, that you do not forget any important things like anniversaries, that your chins are up and your eating is healthy. Let's all try to get as many steps as @evangsimmons170 or plan our workouts as well as @Gidgitgoescrazy , put smiles on our faces with @conleywoods , and together work through our isolation and feelings of hopelessness.

Today I am going to try my first Leslie Sansone - see what they are like at last! And attack file drawer #2. Or a bookshelf. And pick some music to play with my friends Marie, Mélisande, and Éric when this is finally over.

What are you up to today?
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options
    Did 2 miles this morning, got 4k steps before 7 am, that feels awesome, and I was on time for work !

We did not have taco tuesday, I was out voted, we had burgers, I made mine into a salad though to not use a bun... It was yummy... so it's tacos tonight...

I did yoga when I got home, then took the dogs for a walk, then walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes, I had it in my mind that I was gonna do 45, but 20 was plenty, I still did over an hour of exercise....

I am sorry you guys are feeling so sad about the state of affairs, I think I am not feeling it as much, because nothing major has changed for me, I still leave the house and go to work, I still go grocery shopping once a week... I was a little sad about things being cancelled, but now I am looking at it all as an opportunity to get myself, and my house in shape... I am also thinking about how I envision my life after all of these restrictions are lifted.

I am going to attempt a garden, I've been looking at those raised garden kits, which I would need due to my dogs, well then I saw a brilliant idea, instead of spending a small fortune on the kit, you just get an old book shelf, knock out the back, lay it on the ground, boom raised garden... We found one on next door for 15 dollars, so we are picking it up this weekend.. I'm not sure what I will try to grow.

We are cleaning out our attic, and I had alot of things to donate to goodwill, but I know there are people in our community who are having a tough time and are looking for work or ways to make money, so I offered the good sell able stuff up for them to sell on craigslist or whatever, and that worked great because all of the donation pick ups/drop offs are closed, so I got rid of my stuff, and they can make some money.

Anyway, I hope you find something to take your mind off things and to look forward to.

Have a peaceful day !

• jugar
    edited April 2020
    Options
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    PW: 175.6
    CW: 177.4
    Saw this comming:(

@Gidgitgoescrazy good luck on the garden. This past week I have been working in my garden. Just finished weeding and by the end of the week will be planting. Still have cabbage to harvest. About 5 heads, and celery also. Not sure what to do with the cabbage. If anyone has good ideas please share. I thinned out and replanted onions. I am very excited about that because I use a lot of onions.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

Hmmm that was interesting.. Thank you for that
This discussion has been closed.