Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    My weekly goals

1. Walk daily a minimum of 30 minutes.
    2. Do a workout video a day (Barre Blends or Morning Meltdown 100).
    3. Eat balanced meals and eat more of my carbs earlier in the day.
    4. Plan ahead for snacks with my husband. We will decide on snacks before dinner so I can budget accordingly!
    5. Find balance with working at home and school stuff for the kids. Spring break is over...sigh.

Back to working at home this week. I have adjusted all my notifications on my emails and online classrooms so I don't get stuff popping up on my phone all the time. I am going to be more intentional about my time for me, kids and work. I think I was squeezing everything in all at once and nothing got my full attention. I am guessing there will be some changes for work because last week our state announced school will remain closed for the rest of the school year.

I have done some meal prep for the week and am looking forward to cooking now that my fridge is full of lots of yummy fruits and vegetables. I'm looking to have more balanced and satisfying meals. Ate a lot of candy yesterday so I need a refresh!
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Greetings! We're Number Two!! What was that old advertisement? We try harder - and it worked this week. We might not have outdone the Slimpossibles, but they are a bigger team than we are at this point, and I have to say their daily reporting and very active chat thread might have something to do with it :smiley:

Big congrats to @evangsimmons170 @eggfreak and @lovethyneighbor for coming out on top of our losses for this week, and also to everyone who kept us in such a healthy "green zone". Almost 58% of us lost at least a bit, and that is a good week. Let's aim for over 60% this week, ok?

@YinxFed has started us off right! Remaining Sunday weigh-ins:
    @Andreabroadley
    @deniners2
    @graceojo999

Let's hear more workout and eating plans - what are you going to aim for this week?

@conleywoods - it sounds like you are having a lovely day. For evening snacking - if it is important to join your hollow-legged other half in an evening snack, try to pre-log it and make sure you have enough calories left in the day to be able to enjoy it. If you really want to stop snacking at night, logging everything before dinner time (at the latest) and then declaring "I'm done for the day" when you reach your calorie goal can work. Go brush your teeth. Or snack on slow things like a whole grapefruit, peeled (even the white stuff!), divided into sections, and finally eaten. I find sour stuff like grapefruit is great for killing the desire just to keep eating more and more.

I apologize for the delay. My cw is 189.2 I gained a bit of weight since the last weigh in. I actually was about 4 pounds heavier than this at some point. I am back on now. Started walking too and will be interested in logging those too. My aim is to hit 5000 steps every day this week or 10,000 on alternate days. Also want to focus on water.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    dy2ccpyx2bce.jpeg
    I just read in the news that instead of toilet paper, hair dye and other personal grooming products are now flying off of the shelves. Here is a new F2F group challenge. We want to see it all from you, the success stories, the greying roots, the crazy beards, the long bangs, the tussled hair. Post photos of your grooming successes, challenges or fails relating to you, your family or your pets. Maybe you have discovered your inner hairdresser or pet groomer? Maybe you went a little to crazy with the scissors? Maybe your roots are in high contrast right now? Show us what is going on!

You can post photos and commentary at the thread link here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10792163/the-good-the-bad-the-really-not-good-grooming-photo-challenge#latest

Have fun and we will keep this challenge going as long as you like!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 564 Member
    ...My husband always wants something in the evening and he can definitely fit all day...and night eating into his calorie budget. I can not and I think it's really slowing my progress. I am not sure if I should switch to a different type of snack or just cut evening snacks out completely. Just not sure what to do.

Well, there's always the spouse-swap-plan. :smiley: I have similar issues at my house. Some days are easier than others, that's for sure.
    I successfully established a quarantine habit whereby if deserts are going to be eaten, supper needs to be eaten a LOT earlier in the evening or else, nope. No dessert.
    It's interesting that I'm not having too big a problem with that "rule". Ask @jugar - I usually dislike all rules!
    Good luck. I believe that the highs and lows of our emotional and spiritual states will even out pretty soon and let us calm our inner stressors out. Desserts won't be quite as "loud" pretty soon.
    hugs to you

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 564 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Goals for the week:

I need very modest goals this week, which tends to go against the grain (right sister? @evelynladams527 knows...) ... I really rot at being patient... That never works up a sweat... :|

Hahahahaha! Yeah. those words don't usually go together. Either set (patient with your name or decluttering and sweating)
    In my house, if you're not breaking a bit of a sweat while decluttering, you're not doing it right!
    Take it EASY, sister-o-mine. I know. That's not usually in your vocabulary, either!
    Become proficient at Fitrockr so you can help figure out why I'm having trouble with it. :smiley:
    That'd be great.
    Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,311 Member
    qty97o6auitl.png
    April Week 2 Step Results

Total Steps - 158,309

Number 1 Stepper was @evangsimmons170 with an INCREDIBLE 98,751
    So close to her goal of 100,000!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! We know you'll get there, Rhonda!

Moving forward for the next few weeks, do we want to continue to have our Step Team here? Please let me know. I know many of you who are steppers are also doing Fitrockr. You still need to report your steps here on our thread as they don't carry over and I can't see them. Please respond below YES to continue on our step team or NO to put it on hold for this month. As long as I have one other person who wants to continue, we will.

@Micki48
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @YinxFed
    @Evangsimmons170
    @Lovethyneighbor
    @Steph1498
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,094 Member
    Yes please!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,094 Member
    ... to the Stepping question!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,261 Member
    I apologize for the delay. My cw is 189.2 I gained a bit of weight since the last weigh in. I actually was about 4 pounds heavier than this at some point. I am back on now. Started walking too and will be interested in logging those too. My aim is to hit 5000 steps every day this week or 10,000 on alternate days. Also want to focus on water.
    It is so good to see you back! No matter that you put some weight back on, now you are here + walking + logging + water. All of those things will help - just don't expect yourself to be perfect on every single one of them every single day. A wonderful jazz pianist I met a few years ago put it well - "We just do the best we can. Every day." Keep us posted, and enjoy getting back on track.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    Moving forward for the next few weeks, do we want to continue to have our Step Team here? Please let me know. I know many of you who are steppers are also doing Fitrockr. You still need to report your steps here on our thread as they don't carry over and I can't see them. Please respond below YES to continue on our step team or NO to put it on hold for this month. As long as I have one other person who wants to continue, we will.

@Micki48
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @YinxFed
    @Evangsimmons170
    @Lovethyneighbor
    @Steph1498

Yes!!!!!
    And thanks for the kudos. :smiley:
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 123.1
    CW: 123.2
  • jugar
    Terytha wrote: »
    I got a bunch of KN95 masks from work. And by a bunch I mean like 40.

I'm sending a few to family/friends and I'm gonna try send the rest to the hospital. If the hospital will take them, I'm gonna try to convince my boss to donate the rest because our China office actually sent us like 500 of them.

If the hospitals won't take them (because KN95s aren't quite as good) or my boss says no, I'm going to continue to try and send them to people on my own.

I'm also working with the government to try and get my company certified to produce and distribute hand sanitizer. Then we're gonna start sending as much as we can to homeless shelters and such.

I spent a few weeks in a bad place, and I'm still there. But doing something, anything, is helping a bit.
    This is beautiful, @Terytha ! Homeless shelters and homeless people are in need of everything we can find to help, and friends who need to protect themselves and others will be grateful for the masks, I am sure. This is how to get out of a bad place - hugs to you!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited April 2020
    Just received this little note, it was a nice surprise
  • matthewsfive
    Just received this little note, it was a nice surprise

• matthewsfive
    Sorry tried 2x to attach a picture, just can't seem to attach one.
  • jugar
    Sorry tried 2x to attach a picture, just can't seem to attach one.
    It can sometimes be a pain. I find (in the web version anyhow) that it is easiest to click on "copy" on the photo (right click the photo and copy should be somewhere in the list), and then paste it in the message. You'll only see the brackets - img: with long number thing, but when you hit preview, the picture should be there. Hope it works! I know on an android phone, I can never get a picture to work with the app.
This discussion has been closed.