Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @micki48 I hope you wear your FitBit while you mow so that it can track your steps and exercise. You'd be surprised how it will add up today!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,261 Member
    OK, my hair is standing on end and turning green - MOWING THE LAWN???? Wow.

I also just about concluded my purchase of a used fitbit. The price is good, the person is not far away (although I'll still ask her to send by mail!), and I am sure it will work better than the lame fitbit phone app. Price is reasonable too!
  • jugar
    PW 154.4
    CW 154.2

I don't know what to say. I had a great week with workouts and did pretty well with eating. I am about halfway through 21DF. I will be taking measurements in 10 days. Hopefully, I will see a change there.

Go Kelly! If you are doing more workouts, especially half way through a 21 day program, it is very likely you are building muscle. That takes water, which is temporary, and muscle weighs more than fat. So you'll likely see a difference in the measurements, and gradually the body composition will be reflected in weight. Keep up the good work!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    PW: 219.8
    CW: 219.6
  • jugar
    I'm about to shut the computer for the night - but just a bit of nagging first, ok???
    ne7i8cbb6goa.png
    Due today:
    @AmyRobF
    @Steph1498
    @mrs_chivonne

Due from earlier this week:
    @Andreabroadley

dc2hqooca9wm.png
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,456 Member
    @jugar - I like your nags, they make me smile.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    My status: bored! 🙃 I’m trying to plan out my days and not get too much sleep. I haven’t been doing well with nutrition in all of April. Working out daily with Pilates but need to focus more on sweating and getting these endorphins moving.
    My current weigh in shows the lack of progress. Sorry team.
    CW: 163
    PW: 162.5?

Also I’m not sure what’s going on with the Fitrockr or how to view the stats. Just going there to sync my data. Are we still in the “test” mode? If I am on both teams can we please get me off the slim team so my points count for us only? It’s easier than tallying numbers but less engaging for me.
  • jugar
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    My status: bored! 🙃 I’m trying to plan out my days and not get too much sleep. I haven’t been doing well with nutrition in all of April. Working out daily with Pilates but need to focus more on sweating and getting these endorphins moving.
    My current weigh in shows the lack of progress. Sorry team.
    CW: 163
    PW: 162.5?

Also I’m not sure what’s going on with the Fitrockr or how to view the stats. Just going there to sync my data. Are we still in the “test” mode? If I am on both teams can we please get me off the slim team so my points count for us only? It’s easier than tallying numbers but less engaging for me.
    The boredom is real. I'm struggling with it too - the exercise sessions help, for sure, and if Pilates is your main exercise, you could do a lot worse. I find it amazingly effective even if the sweat level is low.

On Fitrockr, I'll check to be sure you're not on both teams any more. I am also a bit confused by the Fitrockr site but I think I have discovered why my points are not appearing in the team stats very much. I think they are in Germany and on that time zone. I usually sync my exercise in the evening here when it is the next day there. The points are calculated with only the members who have points each day, and mine are always a day late so they don't count. Grrrr! I guess I have to pre-log my evening biking sessions, and sync everything else as it goes instead of waiting for the end of the day. So yes, we are still in test mode, and I think that Austin and I have to come up with some ways of making it more interesting and engaging. She reports on her team every day, so I better get with it!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    good morning all! The sun is shining here in Massachusetts - so inspiring after 3-4 days of cool, dreary rain.
    @jugar @matthewsfive @micki48 masks & groceries - made a trip to BJs the other day, rigged up a mask ahead of time and thought of your experience with breathability...but I need to work on it - was slipping often and I had to keep pushing back up - next time will have one that goes on my ears. It wasn't so much for my protection as making the grocery workers feel a bit safer. The first grocery worker death happened two days ago here - I am sure they are all feeling vulnerable. I think we've got enough to last months & will from now on ask my brother or sister to pick up any fresh veg or fruit. I don't want to bring anything home to 79 yr old mum or 90 yr old dad.
    @jugar sympathies for the snow - I'm sure it's beautiful but enough is enough - let spring arrive! I have to search around for small pots to upgrade my sungold tomato seedlings - 30 out of 31 germinated from a 2019 package! They are like candy - and freeze well too. I've got my hummingbird feeder up, they should be showing up in the next few weeks - do they reach your garden?
    @KellyBgetsfit - I'll bet all your extra exercise & muscle is slowing the scale - I fully anticipate that to happen to me when I finally use those dumbbells that I've been walking past for the last two months.
    @lovethyneighbor - I too am appreciating the quality of life in the last month and not feeling guilty really, but certainly realize that others have far worse situations to deal with- I really wonder at how I managed the hectic and frantic life as I was trying to manage full time work, caregiving at home, etc...
    @conleywoods I love your outdoor cooking photo! I scored some asparagus at BJ's and grilled it up last night - so delicious - even kids like it. I have a category on my meal schedule called Yum Yums - I consciously put non traditional treats on there- grilled asparagus, grilled mini peppers, applesauce, my pinot grigio - trying to brainwash myself out of my old 'yum yums' - potato chips & icecream & bread with butter&jam. I'm afraid to put a sweet treat past my lips right now - I made choc chip & hazelnut cookies the other day to use up the pantry and told mum & dad to please eat them all quickly. If I had one, I might have had 6 more...I know myself.
    @evangsimmons170 - way to go with your exercise schedule and results! I have managed to be disciplined with my calories, but not so much with exercise - I SHOULD get up every morning for a walk!
    @Steph1498 and RhondaS (not sure which @ you are)- coming after you and Rhonda on Fitrockr today - I'll try to top your percentage contributed :wink:

oh and...my other meal categories "Oh I love breakfast", "Luv Breakfast #2 too", 'Lunche' -accent on the e, 'Super Supper' and 'Yum yums'. A little silly, but fun to personalize. Baking rolls (brotchen & definitely a yum yum) this morning & will allow myself one with some butter. Went through my clothes rack yesterday and tried on a bunch of clothes that I haven't fit in for a looong time - that felt fabulous - still I have that one pair of jeans that is my goal.
    Have a great day everyone!
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    PW 211
    CW 210
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 332 Member
    CW: 213.8
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited April 2020
    Sorry @jugar here is my weight from last Sunday: 154.6..up from. 154.3
  • Andreabroadley
    I am madly making face masks for one of the local hospitals who are doing a drive for people who live in the east end of Toronto. Sorry to be so absent. Think I will be done what I am going to do this week. Am gaining a bit right now. Have to take some "me" time today..
  • Andreabroadley
    edited April 2020
    In other news, I did a total of 10 Leslie Sansone miles yesterday for the first time in my life! I feel amazing! I got in almost 20,000 steps yesterday altogether. I'm especially proud of the fact that I actually planned my workouts for this week (Monday-Friday). (I wrote out my plan on Saturday evening.) Who knew having a definitive plan actually works?! LOLOL

Fabulous! Way to go! And fabulous loss @evangsimmons170 !
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 564 Member
    Happy Caturday, everyone!
    Perhaps this will make a few of you smile. My weigh in is on Wednesdays and I was disappointed that it was only down by a point. I decided to check it again today and noticed (as I pulled the scale out from under the portable washer/spin machine) that there were two "dust kitties" under two of the four "feet" of the scale. I removed them and, voila! I'm down from 183.2 to 182.4! Those pesky kitties even mess up my weigh ins! I'm sure it would've been a bit lower even on Wednesday but, there we are.
    I'm making a couple of masks to send to Monica's boyfriend and his 5-yr-old daughter and then getting some more homework done. Since the sun is finally going to be out today, Sarah and I will take a longer walk/hike and see if we can't get more physically tired for a change.
    Have a good day.
    Let's hear it for sorting and clearing. We'll be getting more done with Monica's help. Of course, that comes with the "benefit" of a "don't-take-it-personally-lecture" about methods of being tidy, organized, and clean, but needs must.
    I *know* it'll help all of our psyches at any time but especially now that we'll be cooped up. Thank God warmer temps will be here soon!
    hugs to you all (from 6-feet and then some away).
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Matthewsfive
    Week 2

PW 162.2
    CW 161.8

Small loss but I will take it, checked all the other numbers and I increased in muscle mass and lowered my fat%. So all going in the right direction.
  • jugar
    It's Saturday! End of April Week 2 tonight. Thanks for the lovely green weigh-ins @AmyRobF @lovethyneighbor and @matthewsfive -- you are doing great! And @Andreabroadley you are doing great too, making masks and helping out. You are right that you need to include self care in there, so be sure to at least take a few deep breaths from time to time, a quick stretch or other short routine that does not take much time but that helps you feel centred.

Everyone paying attention to the dust kitty/bunny/Sasquatch lesson from @evelynladams527 ? Those dratted wads of dust. I'm just glad my daughter with her super long hair (that was ALWAYS all over the bathroom floor) is not living here any more! Vacuuming is much more mellow now. And even though I grouse about my husband's asthma, at least it makes me vacuum often! So, everyone, beware the dreaded dust under the scale feet. :grimace:

Winter got its revenge on me this morning. I think it felt jilted after I complained about it yesterday. I got up early, had my coffee. It was freezing in the house, so I scraped down the ashes in the wood stove, put on the big Sorel boots that fit over my super wooly socks (and they look especially fetching with my huge fleecy bathrobe), took the ash pan and headed out the door towards the barrel. The steps looked wet. They were coated with vicious, quite thick ice - so down I went. This is the only time I wished I still had the extra padding on my butt I used to have. Luckily, I didn't hit the tail bone, just the left buttock and elbow. I got quite covered in ashes, the rest are still all over the snow just in front of the steps. I am going to have a spectacular bruise, but otherwise all is well. It feels like someone blew up a rather large baloon inside the muscles of that buttock, though - it is huge! No measurement taking today, I can tell you.

Exercise plan revision! No roll ups, roll downs, no anything sitting on the floor! Standing exercise only today :open_mouth:

@eggfreak - say hello to Massachusetts for me! My dad always takes me to get gas at BJs in Leominster. My sungold tomatoes get planted tomorrow - they are amazing, and I always plant loads of them. Along with a Canada-friendly mid-size tomato called Mountain Magic. There are too many weeks before we'll be eating them, but I love the little plants in the house in the meantime!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 564 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    It's Saturday! End of April Week 2 tonight. Thanks for the lovely green weigh-ins @AmyRobF @lovethyneighbor and @matthewsfive -- you are doing great! And @Andreabroadley you are doing great too, making masks and helping out. You are right that you need to include self care in there, so be sure to at least take a few deep breaths from time to time, a quick stretch or other short routine that does not take much time but that helps you feel centred.

Everyone paying attention to the dust kitty/bunny/Sasquatch lesson from @evelynladams527 ? Those dratted wads of dust. I'm just glad my daughter with her super long hair (that was ALWAYS all over the bathroom floor) is not living here any more! Vacuuming is much more mellow now. And even though I grouse about my husband's asthma, at least it makes me vacuum often! So, everyone, beware the dreaded dust under the scale feet. :grimace:

Winter got its revenge on me this morning. I think it felt jilted after I complained about it yesterday. I got up early, had my coffee. It was freezing in the house, so I scraped down the ashes in the wood stove, put on the big Sorel boots that fit over my super wooly socks (and they look especially fetching with my huge fleecy bathrobe), took the ash pan and headed out the door towards the barrel. The steps looked wet. They were coated with vicious, quite thick ice - so down I went. This is the only time I wished I still had the extra padding on my butt I used to have. Luckily, I didn't hit the tail bone, just the left buttock and elbow. I got quite covered in ashes, the rest are still all over the snow just in front of the steps. I am going to have a spectacular bruise, but otherwise all is well. It feels like someone blew up a rather large baloon inside the muscles of that buttock, though - it is huge! No measurement taking today, I can tell you.

Exercise plan revision! No roll ups, roll downs, no anything sitting on the floor! Standing exercise only today :open_mouth:

@eggfreak - say hello to Massachusetts for me! My dad always takes me to get gas at BJs in Leominster. My sungold tomatoes get planted tomorrow - they are amazing, and I always plant loads of them. Along with a Canada-friendly mid-size tomato called Mountain Magic. There are too many weeks before we'll be eating them, but I love the little plants in the house in the meantime!

Get your butt into the snow! Well, perhaps some coolness will at least keep some glute-swelling to a dull roar. Of course, I know you're not a fan of baths however, we both know the wonderful benefits of EPSOM SALTS. Even a homemade poultice of Epsom Salts will be a help on your poor bum. Take care of that elbow with salts, too. (*next time*, let some of the ashes go ahead of you on the "wet" stairs..you'll see them "poof" off instead of sticking, which might give you a brief warning).

Good luck!
    I'm trying to get the fitrockr sign up to cooperate but haven't quite made it, yet.
    more in a while.
    be well, big sistah! Happy to lend you a few inches of the flubber I'm trying to lose - then, the years of exercise will help burn it off faster!! (Such a deal!)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    April week 2: still 189

Which is good honestly. I'm on day 5 of a terrible migraine and the painkillers plus lack of sleep caused like 5 lbs of weight gain over the last week. Its finally going down.

Anyways. My game came in the mail and I'm stocked up on Advil so that's all of my plans this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.