Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,311 Member
    @jugar ouchie!!! I felt it with you as you described your tumble. I’m so sorry. Big soft hugs coming to you. Hope it’s not too bad and glad it wasn’t your tailbone. My sister fractured hers when she visited me last and she was in sooo much pain. Feel better. 🤗

Everyone is doing great this week!!! That is quite an accomplishment considering the circumstances we are all experiencing. Everyone give yourself a big hug, then reach around and pat yourself on the back.

Have a great day everyone!!!

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Well, gang - it looks like I'll be off the exercise for a couple of days. The swelling is impressive! The fitrockr gang will have to add on a few extra points for me! Mine are still not appearing on the team the same way they are on my own individual stats, so who knows? I'll keep trying to figure it out when I can get back to some exercise. Right now I'm not feeling too swift... and I don't have any Epsom salts, @evelynladams527 - where's my sister's supply cupboard when I need it!!! My lovely son used ours all up (or took them with him when he moved), so I'm sending him grimaces.

Keep well, everyone! I'll be on my couch...

Feel better soon
  • micki48
    @jugar Sending hugs and good healing vibes. Too bad we are not closer, I have lots of epson salts.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @jugar I'm sorry about your fall. I hope you heal quickly. Someone posted that you don't like baths, so take lots of hot showers. I'm a shower girl myself, as my arthritic knees make getting out of a bathtub quite painful. Anyway, please take care of yourself. We need you!

@Terytha I hope your migraine goes away quickly. I used to suffer with them years ago and can't imagine enduring that kind of pain for 5 days. Folks who have never had a migraine don't understand that it is quite a different type of pain that a "regular" headache. Please take care. As much as I don't like sodas or energy drinks, I found that anything with high levels of caffeine helped a LOT when meds didn't. Take care of yourself. We need you too!

@micki48 Here are my steps for this week. I was soooo close to my 100,000 goal, but that's OK. I now know that I can do it! Next week I'll get there for sure.

ferydhm0qb0g.png
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Happy Easter! I was up bright and early with my children who were so excited to see what the Easter Bunny left them. 6AM is acceptable, one year my kids got up at 3 AM they were so excited, yikes! I have been outside getting lots of activity lately and I'm sure today will be the same. I will have lots of candy around today but I also am stocked up on healthy stuff thanks to a successful grocery run! I'm looking for balance today since I know I will also eat some yummy food.

@jugar and @terytha Hope you both start feeling better soon! I can't imagine. Hugs coming to you.

I am still working on snacking and I really need to cut back on evening snacks. My husband always wants something in the evening and he can definitely fit all day...and night eating into his calorie budget. I can not and I think it's really slowing my progress. I am not sure if I should switch to a different type of snack or just cut evening snacks out completely. Just not sure what to do.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    fngahqg5o07p.jpg
    v2feugijxqy4.png
    w9i25gfefx8q.png
    8mfdtx67xu4r.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.28%
    2nd Waist Aways 0.26%
    3rd Trimstones 0.08%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 13.6 Lbs
    2nd Waist Aways 9.1 Lbs
    3rd Trimstones 3.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @achagpar 3.94 %
    2nd @cesse47 1.70%
    3rd @annliz23 1.59 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @cesse47 5.2 Lbs
    2nd @achagpar 4.8 Lbs
    3rd @evangsimmons170 4.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @davors19
    @GingerPwr
    @nstephenson01
    @jrortega1912
    @raleighgirl09
    @eggfreak
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    @mulecanter
    @Emmajhare

6419fd4wo05p.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    gw2jsbcew936.jpg

c511g5600764.png

Congratulations @Jactop!!!!
    She has reached ONEDERLAND!!!!!!

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,094 Member
    Sunday post:

PW - 177.4
    CW - 176.5

Hmmm... that familiar feeling of deja vu! But at least it's green!

@micki48 My Fitbit failed this last week, and although I have now replaced it with a cheap and cheerful tracker, there are no steps to record this week. But I'll be back on it from next week!

I finished my 8 week Fitness Blender program yesterday, so my workout schedule for the next 4 weeks is alternate days of yoga (Yoga with Adriene) and 20 minute HIIT workouts (Effortless Health). I might also add one of Lucy Wyndham Read's 7-minute routines (check out YouTube) if I have any juice left each morning. I plan to workout 6 days a week (Monday to Saturday).

Have a wonderful Easter my friends <3
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Happy Easter!! :)
    8cccr27qh8ba.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,261 Member
    Greetings! We're Number Two!! What was that old advertisement? We try harder - and it worked this week. We might not have outdone the Slimpossibles, but they are a bigger team than we are at this point, and I have to say their daily reporting and very active chat thread might have something to do with it :smiley:

Big congrats to @evangsimmons170 @eggfreak and @lovethyneighbor for coming out on top of our losses for this week, and also to everyone who kept us in such a healthy "green zone". Almost 58% of us lost at least a bit, and that is a good week. Let's aim for over 60% this week, ok?

@YinxFed has started us off right! Remaining Sunday weigh-ins:
    @Andreabroadley
    @deniners2
    @graceojo999

Let's hear more workout and eating plans - what are you going to aim for this week?

@conleywoods - it sounds like you are having a lovely day. For evening snacking - if it is important to join your hollow-legged other half in an evening snack, try to pre-log it and make sure you have enough calories left in the day to be able to enjoy it. If you really want to stop snacking at night, logging everything before dinner time (at the latest) and then declaring "I'm done for the day" when you reach your calorie goal can work. Go brush your teeth. Or snack on slow things like a whole grapefruit, peeled (even the white stuff!), divided into sections, and finally eaten. I find sour stuff like grapefruit is great for killing the desire just to keep eating more and more.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Andreabroadley
    Weigh in Day Sunday
    Cw 155.2 blech
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 332 Member
    jugar wrote: »

Let's hear more workout and eating plans - what are you going to aim for this week?

I’m going to keep taking my vitamins and probiotics and try for two days of exercise, running or yoga. Meal prep a few days and salad the others.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited April 2020
    So here's my plan for this week: I've already planned my workouts for the week like I did last week. I'm going for 10 Leslie miles a day. I know I can do this because I did it once last week. I think the reason I wasn't able to have more 10 mile days is because I didn't plan specific enough for the actual time when I would exercise. My get in where you fit in approach won't cut it. I'm on a mission! So my plan is to do 8 miles in the morning and 2 on the evening.

I'm also planning to cook multiple vegetable dishes tomorrow so that I can have more colorful and tasty variety for my lunches and dinners.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    PW 172
    CW 172

I am happy with that. very happy actually, lets just say I haven't had the best week, and leave it there... Byeeeeeee

Goals for this week:
    Monday - Yoga and a good hour on the treadmill- No dog walking today- very rainy
    Tuesday - Pilates in the morning, and a video and some resistance bands in the evening
    Weds - Yoga, treadmill, rower
    Thursday - Pilates - video - & resistance bands
    Friday - Yoga - The Attic Cleaning
    Sat - Pilates - Attic Cleaning
    Sunday - Yoga - Attic cleaning
  • micki48
    I have lost my goals twice by hitting the done button by accident instead of post. Grrrr

Goals -
    1. Log food and close out daily.
    2. Get 8.5k steps in daily.
    3. Exercise Pilates daily
    4. Walk -Tues, Thursday, Friday
    5. Strength routine MWF
    6. Stationary bike MW
    7. Garden when I can get out there weather-wise
  • jugar
    micki48 wrote: »
    I have lost my goals twice by hitting the done button by accident instead of post. Grrrr
    The done button should be removed! I have fallen into that one many times - and now I NEVER use the app for posting. Only the website - and even there sometimes I preview and forget to post!

I hope that you and anyone else in the path of all the storms in the southern US are OK! My mom is worried to bits, but she is really good at that, and I am sure she is in a very safe place with wonderful people to make sure they get through it. Two of my fellow moderators are in Georgia, and the news is not great there. Keep safe! :heart:
  • jugar
    Goals for the week:

I need very modest goals this week, which tends to go against the grain (right sister? @evelynladams527 knows...) After my fall on the icy steps on Saturday, I had a few episodes of extreme dizziness and weakness, and I haven't felt quite right since. This morning I called my doc's office and had a reassuring talk with a nurse. It seems the hematoma on my posterior could be filled with around a litre of blood, maybe as much as 1.5. Since I already have low blood pressure, this has likely caused anemia and even lower pressure - but he was not worried about the numbers (pulse and pressure), and thinks it will improve gradually over the next 10 days. I should exercise but not hard - just enough to help the body clear all that blood out of there. I'm taking electrolytes, drinking tons of water, and actually eating more - so I hope to be back up to my usual soon! So this week, I will eat any exercise calories (helps keep pressure up), do Pilates (especially standing ones!) and quiet exercise bike rides if it isn't too painful. I'll see how it goes, and try to be patient. I really rot at being patient... As my daughter said - icy step 1 : mom 0.

Meh. I say. My goals for the week now include daily de-cluttering on my file drawers and my sewing area. That never works up a sweat... :|
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    My weekly goals

1. Walk daily a minimum of 30 minutes.
    2. Do a workout video a day (Barre Blends or Morning Meltdown 100).
    3. Eat balanced meals and eat more of my carbs earlier in the day.
    4. Plan ahead for snacks with my husband. We will decide on snacks before dinner so I can budget accordingly!
    5. Find balance with working at home and school stuff for the kids. Spring break is over...sigh.

Back to working at home this week. I have adjusted all my notifications on my emails and online classrooms so I don't get stuff popping up on my phone all the time. I am going to be more intentional about my time for me, kids and work. I think I was squeezing everything in all at once and nothing got my full attention. I am guessing there will be some changes for work because last week our state announced school will remain closed for the rest of the school year.

I have done some meal prep for the week and am looking forward to cooking now that my fridge is full of lots of yummy fruits and vegetables. I'm looking to have more balanced and satisfying meals. Ate a lot of candy yesterday so I need a refresh!
This discussion has been closed.